FEES RIP OFF

Guest's review of TD Waterhouse www.tdwaterhouse.co.uk

“FEES RIP OFF ”

Written on: 23/04/2013

I opened a Trading ISA with TD Waterhouse making a small £200 deposit in February 2013. I added to my account in early April to make full use of 2012/13 ISA allowance. Having tried unsuccessfully to buy the stock I wanted through their website I closed my account. I have been charged £96 admin fee to close the account - fees are hidden away and you can't access the information until you have registered on their site. I would not have tried to buy my ISA through them if I had known I would be charged this amount of money to close.
T D Waterhouse is an absolute rip off - do not use them.

Vini1's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2013

I quite agree. I was stung by their steep quarterly charges, so closed my a/c with them

Rabberto's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2013

Just had the exact same experience and was completely shocked at the unjustified and hidden charges. I wondered why I had to leave £100 in the TD ISA account when I was closing it, to be allowed to transfer the rest of the balance out to my bank account. Of course they later confirmed during a phone call to close the account that their charge was ________You Guessed It £100