Good idea but doesn't work

From 1 review

Guest's review of PostureTek Shirt

“Good idea but doesn't work”

Written on: 25/11/2013

I love the idea of this shirt - it is meant to sense when you have poor posture and alert you via a buzzer - but unfortunately it has major shortcomings:

1) The sensor doesn't work well. I found that it didn't go off when I slouched, only when I actually bent over or reached for something, no matter how much I tightened the sensitivity dial

2) The buzzer is loud. People around you in the office can definitely hear the buzzer go off - not because it emits a tone, but because the vibration is so strong. It's like a cellphone on vibrate, but an extra strong vibrate.

3) Amazingly there is no off switch. This is such a simple and necessary feature, I am surprised it is not there. I often find myself wanting to turn the buzzer off for a few minutes, for example when in a meeting (see above!) or needing to bend/reach a lot.

So overall I applaud Perseus Athletics for thinking of and creating the device, but unfortunately it is ineffective and loud. Hopefully they will continue to develop and fix the product. My purchase was in mid 2013.

By the way, I also ordered the Oppo Medical Elastic Posture Aid brace from Amazon and found it to be effective, simple and it's only $20. That's what I wound up wearing every day.