Best repair shop for British Volt electric bikes in Brighton

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

britishconsumer's review of Baker Street Bikes, Brighton

“Best repair shop for British Volt electric bikes in...”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by britishconsumer (21 reviews written)

I have a British built Volt Metro electric bicycle which had a rear wheel puncture. Three independent bicycle shops would not entertain the repair when I telephoned them.

The other two major chains faired worst. One, a chain of superstores happily invited me to bring my bike in, checked it in, failed to call me the next day and when I called the second day later, I was told they have decided not to repair it because they do not feel confident enough and they have too many other bikes to repair!

The other chain of bike stores again casually invited me to bring my bike in but refused to take it because their technicians says electric bikes take too long to repair and they are too busy!

Yep, in all occasions, I did tell them it was an electric bike together with the make and model when I called them.

However, my experience was totally different when I called Baker Street Bikes (BsB). The service was casual but professional with no hiccups at all. I left my bike at 1145am and got a call to collect it around 1330pm same day. No hassle, no excuses no drama. Considering the extra work involved, the repair cost was absolutely fair.

We Brightonians with our green council pinnacles our Environmental agenda therefore cycling is priority in our community's essentials. Unfortunately certain bicycle retailers deems cycling as a commercial cash cow.

I have advised Volt UK to include BsB in their list of recommended Volt repairers and I thank the guys at BsB for accepting and repairing a British built product so efficiently and professionally.

Lastly, I am neither linked in anyway whatsoever with Volt or BsB but merely a cyclist who had to electrify due to a dodgy ticker.