Bad quality trampolines; misleading website.

Tim.t's review of Trampoline Warehouse - www.trampoline-warehouse.co.uk

“Bad quality trampolines; misleading website.”

Written on: 03/09/2013 by Tim.t (1 review written)

I had the misfortune to buy what this company call a Boing trampoline. There was a great picture of the trampoline I thought I was going to buy on the website which looked like our old trampoline which had lasted us for 7 very well used years). The trampoline I received was a completely different design to the one on their website ( it had 6 W legs not 4 as in the photo). Too late I checked their terms and conditions which say the following:

Specifications / Dimensions
4. Whilst most products are made from identically machined components to a standard specification but due to a policy of continuous improvement, manufacturers reserve the right to modify designs, specifications and materials without prior notification.

So this apparently gives them the right to change their trampolines to something completely different to the photos on their website. In fact they use the same photo for every one of the 9 Boing trampolines they advertise in spite of size or quality. The 6 leg trampolines are cheaply made; when you bounce on them the noise is awful, the whole trampoline creaks and you can see the joins in the frame moving. They claim that someone weighing 25 stone could use this trampoline which is simply not possible.
The instruction book says that the W legs should be at 90 degrees to the ground. After assembly the W legs were all pointing inwards giving the impression that the frame would collapse inwards after some use. I took this up with the company and they said the following: don't worry it will settle down; it's not dangerous don't worry about it; take it apart and put it together again it may be better.

After all of this they had no intention of changing it to the correct design or a safe trampoline. I am taking it up with trading standards.

Dianer75's Response to Tim.t's Review

Written on: 20/07/2014

Wish I'd read this before I bought mine. So creaky - and not the same as the picture. Do you still use it? Did they change it for you?