Faith storyline is not accurate & is killing me!

Sisistraw's review of Emmerdale

“Faith storyline is not accurate and is killing me!”

Written on: 29/06/2022 by Sisistraw (2 reviews written)

I'm very upset with Faith storyline.

I'm going through the same cancer as she is portraying and the way ITV is suggesting that she can die so quickly from it is not acceptable. The whole thing is not correct and not enough research has been done.

1- when you have water behind or in your lungs from cancer you are out of breath. Faith didn't have any issues with that
2- this recurrent cancer although difficult and no cure for it, it doesn't mean you will die from it so quickly otherwise they wouldn't give you chemo. I have been told that I have good few years and portraying it like ITV is doing is breaking my heart and giving wrong information
3- before and after Chemo you are given steroid to cope with sickness so you don't really throw up like she has been. It's for dramatic effect I understand but Sally should not say she wants to portray it for people who are going through this or would be going through it.

I'm going to stop watching this as instead of giving us a positive outlook they are killing us by telling us that we don't have much chance. My Oncologist has told me he knows people who have been cured of this cancer and I'd rather listen to him than watch this programme that makes me heart broken and lose faith!!