Weak plots & characters.

HunterBryant5's review of Eastenders

“Weak plots and characters.”

Written on: 23/09/2022 by HunterBryant5 (1 review written)

I have watched Eastenders since it first aired. It used to have gripping storylines, well written scripts and fine acting. Sadly, it is now rubbish and it is one of those programmes I sometimes watch in order to be exasperated by the dreadfully weak, hammy and poor script writing, the boring story lines that mostly go nowhere and the awful, over the top acting and directing. I feel sorry for the actors who are not given opportunities to show what they are capable of and not surprised that many have left. I now watch old episodes from 2010 which reminds how good it used to be. Such a shame. I wonder if it has become a training ground for aspiring but not very talented writers and directors!

Bruv's Comment

Written on: 04/10/2022

I decided to give Eastenders another go,i had given up on it ages ago,i needn,t have bothered,it,s still complete rubbish! Unfortunately it gives the wrong impression of the area and it,s people,i'm sure there are folk,s in other parts of the country that believe all Londoner's are the same as shown in 'ender,s,we're not I'm glad to say,it doesn,t do working class people like me any favour,s,i think a bit of "location" training would help the writers.