Great for texting not good for other activities

From 1 review

jonathan kelly's review of Nokia Asha 201

“Great for texting not good for other activities”

Written on: 17/08/2013 by jonathan kelly (110 reviews written)

I bought this phone six months ago now as I wanted a backup for my computer for use on the internet. It was bought from Carphone Warehouse in Greenwich. The salesman also got me buy a useless insurance policy for £10 putting the total cost of the phone at £30 on the pay as you go network. He upgraded my old phone by putting the contacts on the new one and by keeping me on the Virgin network.

I bought it to use on line which I told the salesman was what I wanted to do with it. It is useless online as in like going back to the mid 90's. It has only been used once online for any useful situation and that was when it told me when a delivery was due. If you want to go on line use a tablet and a free wifi connection as it is much better and does not cost 50p a minute as it does on Virgin pay as you go. I seem to be spending about £10 a month and that is just to make a few phone calls and texts although Virgin give me free texts most months I only text about 100 times a month these can cost 6p if they are not free.

The biggest boon with this phone is with texting that is over any other phone I have had as the qwerty keyboard makes it easy and fast to text. I had never bothered with texting before I got the Nokia 201 but now I prefer texting to calling.

A problem when calling is it is very hard to understand people with even a tiny amount of an accent. An Irish women with a slight accent sounds like she is actually speaking Irish to you! It is the same with Jamaican and other accents as the sound is some how concentrated this did not happen on any of my previous phones.

Overall then a good texting phone that is nearly useless on the internet and only just acceptable for phone calls.

Summary: Great texting phone

• Virgin