Soothing & emotional

Susiejones80's review of Damien Rice, O

“Soothing and emotional”

Written on: 13/10/2013 by Susiejones80 (39 reviews written)

When I want to reminisce and soothe my emotional state, I put this album on my playlist for the night and sit on my porch with some hot chocolate. Damien Rice has a way with words - so touching, so raw. He chooses the right words to flow and the classical string instruments and his guitar accompany them so well. My favorite track on this album is "Delicate". His lyrics create this scene where you wish you were, yet you know you have been there before. Another track: "Volcano" is also my favorite, with female vocals accompanying makes it feel like I am singing with him. Damien Rice doesn't sound Irish when he sings, but he was born in Ireland and you can surely hear this influence in "Cannonball" - such talent from such a small place. His vocals make you want to be with him. Sounds strange to say, I know... take a listen for yourself. This album is on my top "mood music" list. Be ready to have tears flowing and goosebumps growing! Brilliant album!

• Bon Iver