Waste of money

• Style

• Service & Support

eaRamos45's review of Joys Homemaker PF8001 Computer Sewing Machine

“Waste of money ”

Written on: 23/06/2020 by eaRamos45 (1 review written)

I bought the Joys Homemaker machine because I didn’t have much money to spend on the more expensive branded name machine on the market. I wish I hadn’t!
After only 6 months the electrics started playing up and I tried to get in touch with Joys to sort it out. It was EXTREMELY difficult to get in touch and in the end I decided to take it straight to the workshop.
The address was EXTREMELY difficult to find and when I eventually found it I couldn’t get in. I had to ring the number constantly to get through to tell them I was outside the workshop. In the end I left it with them and then I had to pay to get it back!
It continued to play up, sometimes it would just sew on its own and I had to turn the machine off to control it.
Then the lead to the machine wouldn’t connect. I found the connection had gone ‘inside’ the machine and couldn’t be attached. I took it to a local machine supplier and he said it was unrepairable! He said he had others from Joys with the same problem.
So now I have a machine that is useless and I WISH I had waited and spent a bit more getting the reliable brand!

• More than 1 year