Don't use them

• Accuracy of Route Planning

• Ease of use

danchristensen's review of Holiday Autos Route Planner www.holidayautos.co.uk

“Don't use them”

Written on: 30/07/2019 by danchristensen (1 review written)

Rented a car last year - without any problems, but this year....

This year, we had hired 3 cars, because the whole family were going on vacation together. We went to Portugal, Faro.

Several days before our flight, arrival was changed 2 hours, and I contacted Holiday Auto by e-mail to notice that. It was not possible to get pick up time changed - Holiday auto demanded a new booking - and additional money. They even moved the reservation to another company - Centauro.
The Visa Card I used for the new booking, had to be the same card, which should be used, when we picked up the car. Holiday auto, accepted the additional payment and the original payment through my Visa Card. Holyday Auto was satisfied and confirmed the new booking.

When I should pick up the auto at Centauro, Centauro denied to give me the car. The said my Visa Card was not valid, because the first 4 digit showed it was a debet card. My card is not a debet card!! Centauro would not change the booking, so that my wife or daughter could rent the car, and put in the safety amount, Centauro would not help.

I contacted Holiday auto, who told me, that they knew, that Centauro was a difficult company regarding payment cards, and I could not do anything else, than make a new booking. Holiday auto - however, did not have any other cars available. I asked if they could not give the car, which was reserved in my name, and was just waiting to be picked up. No - this was not possible.
Holiday auto would not change my reservation in any ways or make a contact to Centauro.
The only thing I could do - Holiday auto said, was making a new reservation at Centauro, pay one more time, and the make a request to Holiday auto, to get my money back afterwards!

Conclusion - I was forced to make a new booking at Centauro, pay one more time - and the, Centauro gave me exactly the same car, as the they would not give me 2 minutes before - the car, that Holiday auto would not help me get before.

I made a complaint to Holiday auto - they just closed it - no answer at all.

I called Holiday Auto who said they were sorry, but after quite a long conversation open a new case.
A few days later, I had to sent documentation (ID; passport, bank statement, picture of my card).

An then - Holiday Auto shot down the case again. They just wrote, that my card was not valid - and that in the rental condition could I see, which cards were valid. They did not document that statement, or in any other way documented, that there was not money enough or any problems with the card.

I tell you - my card is valid and money as asked.

I complained again, and now - I'm waiting once more.

But notice - both Holiday auto and Centauro have charged me rent for exactly the same car.
Denmark

• A few times every month

Frequency of use