Not a professional & safe environment.

Floriana.pippo's review of Lartons Riding School, Frankby, Wirral

“Not a professional and safe environment.”

Written on: 18/02/2022 by Floriana.pippo (1 review written)

My boyfriend and I went to Larton Riding School for an assessment lesson. I have taken riding lessons before, my boyfriend is a newbie.
We had an appointment at 5.30. Went to reception at 5.25 the lady started complaining we were late for filling a form, but she never mentioned this before. I called 2 times to book, plus once to confirm in the morning, and gave her already our personal info by phone. Anyway. Be sure to go 15 min early.

Our trainer didn't explain the basic safety postures for either of us. Thankfully, I could remember what to do, and an amazing little girl explained what to do to my boyfriend.
No longline was used at any time, although this was my boyfriend's first time riding, and my first class after 20 years!
My horse was nervous throughout the lesson, and started galop three times without my control. She laughed and said I was doing OK.

One minute before the end of the lesson, my horse thrown me off the saddle. I landed on my head, neck sore and injured. She asked me to seat for a minute, then asked me to bring back the horse and fill the form. I was still shaking and confused from hitting my head.

Thankfully another amazing little kid helped me to walk the horse back and take care of him. I went back to reception to fill the accident form.
The receptionist gave me the form saying: "bloody hell, your first lesson" more annoyed than worried for me. Indeed no one asked if I was doing OK.

I know accident can happen, but how they managed the whole experience for both of us was just very bad.

I'm going back riding, just not to Larton.