Awful staff ruin experience for little one

LAS21's review of Lartons Riding School, Frankby, Wirral

“Awful staff ruin experience for little one”

Written on: 18/07/2021 by LAS21 (1 review written)

Firstly, prices are different to what is quoted on their website so watch for this. After the £18 induction I was quoted £20 after specifically checking the price for future lessons at the office. After the start of the next lesson they asked for £24. When I explained that’s not what I was quoted so will pay it in future but not for today as I was given no notice, they threatened to stop my daughters lesson right there and take her off the horse if I wouldn’t pay the full. My daughter is only 8. I reluctantly paid as I didn’t want to upset my little girl and asked them to cancel all future sessions. Then at the end of the session the instructor deliberately had by daughter come off the horse into a big thick pile of manure which she was then so upset about. How terrible to do that to a child. My daughter was so upset and confused. Disgraceful staff and management.

In addition after the sessions when they do the walk around the instructors just gossip with each other and ignore the kids on the horses. Like others have said they couldn't be less interested in the lesson. Sat in the middle of the room and barking repetitive instructions to children whilst not even looking at them. Mostly on their phone, not bothering with going over to check the kids, no eye contact, no feedback at the end...just really rude. Should not be working with children. Avoid avoid avoid.