Great riding school

Cathrin78's review of Higher Park Farm, Chobham, Surrey

“Great riding school”

Written on: 20/08/2012 by Cathrin78 (1 review written)

I have just started to learn riding at the Chobham Equestrian Center and am thoroughly enjoying my time there. As a complete beginner, I was welcomed by an enthusiastic team of owners, instructors and even their family members. I have had seven lessons with four different instructors and am finding the diversity hugely helpful. I think I have now found the two instructors that in combination give me the perfect balance of confidence, technical know-how and fun! But everybody learns differently, so I think it's worth trying out a few styles of teaching and working with different instructors.
Everybody at the stables is super nice. I am glad I found a place which is non-pretentious and welcoming, and I look forward to every single lesson here.
Gerry and her team are very enthusiastic about the horses and last weekend I saw they rescued a couple of ponies which had been utterly neglected. They are now stabled here and I have no doubt will be spoilt and fed back into a happy pony state. This story is again proof that the people in this equestrian center care a great deal about animal welfare.
Value for money is also great- I just bought my second loyalty card which means 6 private 1-hour lessons for the price of 5 lessons, at £40 per 1-hour session.
I would highly recommend this riding school and am looking forward to improving my riding skills with the team.