The Original & The Best

HKR24's review of Active Rider - www.activerider.co.uk

“The Original and The Best”

Written on: 25/07/2012 by HKR24 (2 reviews written)

These camps are brilliant for adult riders. A real alternative to pony club camp for those of us who are too old!! Jane who organises is lovely and very efficient, meaning that the camps have a great atmosphere and are incredibly well-run. The trainers who come are top notch. Everyone who goes on camp is really friendly, meaning that when I went to camp on my own I had loads of people to talk to, eat with and just generally have fun with. The meals provided are great, as are the ice breaking activities on the first night. I really can't fault the Active Rider Camps. They cater for all riders and tackle your/your horses' issues. I have been on two camps now and they have done wonders for my confidence. I'm already booked on for 2 more this year!!

Advice though: book early because these camps are always over-subscribed. Also see the facebook group for active rider for a countdown to the next camp and so you can ask any questions etc.

Beware of imitations of these camps. Jane has spent years perfecting the camps, and other alternatives may not match her high standards. I would go for Active Rider every time.