Lite-On SOHW-1693S Reviews

Lite-On SOHW-1693S - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lite-On SOHW-1693S

Lite-On SOHW-1693S
Lite-On SOHW-1693S

“I love this writer !! I had it in my workplace very...”

Written on: 02/10/2009 by fadisn (4 reviews written)

I love this writer !! I had it in my workplace very hard worker proof !!… Read Full Review

“What can you say about a DVD drive? I installed the...”

Written on: 26/02/2006 by BobTech (27 reviews written)

What can you say about a DVD drive? I installed the Lite-On SOHW-1693S DVD drive into my 1.7 GHz P4/Gigabyte GA-8IE motherboard PC, and it always wrote to CD-RW and CD-R blanks at full speed, but months later when I bought a spindle of cheap 8x DVD-R discs and tried to write to them at full speed, every one of about half a dozen I tried failed Nero's data verification test. It was OK at 4x speed. However, it wrote to Imation 4x DVD-RW discs perfectly OK. I downloaded new firmware for it from… Read Full Review

Bobtech's Response to BobTech's Review

Written on: 11/07/2006

Months after writing that review, I needed to write to a CD-R disc at work. On my first attempt, the disc's data was corrupted. Then the drive wouldn't write to a new disc at all, and it was found that now it wouldn't even play a normal audio CD. I re-flashed its firmware and blew out any dust which might have collected on its lens. It was dead. Buy this model DVD writer drive at your own risk. BobTech

Read 1 Comment