LG U880 Reviews

LG U880 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for LG U880

LG U880
LG U880

“The LG U880 is a tidy little mobile, easy to use and...”

Written on: 14/09/2006 by Xander0156 (1 review written)

The LG U880 is a tidy little mobile, easy to use and operate. No real problems so far but did have some difficulty downloading from a PC, and the 1.3 megapixel camera is now at the low end of the scale for resolution but is still sufficient for current usage… Read Full Review

“Overall, the LG U880 mobile phone is fine. If you are...”

Written on: 19/06/2006 by lausha (1 review written)

Overall, the LG U880 mobile phone is fine. If you are looking for a modern nice looking phone, then this is good for you. However, there are some particular things that irritate me about the phone. For example, the camera and the MP3 player. 3 are offering great deals at the moment, which is brilliant, and their phones are definitely improving all the time… Read Full Review

“I have 2 of these phones and both of these have...”

Written on: 07/06/2006 by fookincats (1 review written)

I have 2 of these phones and both of these have already been sent out for repair within the first month.
They are waiting to go back yet again for repair!
There is also a problem in receiving phone calls, for example the phones have full signal but the calls are diverted to voice mail without ringing every now and again... not very impressed… Read Full Review

“The LG U880 mobile phone overall is a good product. It...”

Written on: 30/04/2006 by fredie (7 reviews written)

The LG U880 mobile phone overall is a good product. It has bluetooth, which I tried to connect to my cars bluetooth system, but failed - no fault of the phone. I phoned LG customers services to see if the phone was compatible with my cars bluetooth, and I was told by someone that she thought it wasn't. If you want to save yourself a phone call work it out for yourself and don't call customer services… Read Full Review

“I got the LG U880 mobile phone 6 weeks ago, and after...”

Written on: 05/04/2006 by adlwilmot (1 review written)

I got the LG U880 mobile phone 6 weeks ago, and after giving myself time to get used to the differences from a Nokia, I actually fell in love with it. This was until I received my first "call waiting". I was already on a call, heard the beep, checked the screen and just saw a number I didn't recognise. Later, upon checking the call records I saw it was actually someone I knew and who was programmed into the handset. It seems that the U880 isn't capable of displaying a caller's name, just… Read Full Review

“I got the LG U880 mobile phone on Friday. It's now...”

Written on: 27/03/2006 by Jude Farmer (1 review written)

I got the LG U880 mobile phone on Friday. It's now Monday, and having switched it off to get my SIM number, and switched it back on again, it's now hung on boot, just displaying the 3 logo. I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back, blah, blah, but it seems to have had it. It's a bit disappointing really, as I quite like the look and feel of the phone. I think that LG should try harder… Read Full Review

“Only had the LG U880 for 1 week but this is a great...”

Written on: 12/02/2006 by Gooner555 (1 review written)

Only had the LG U880 for 1 week but this is a great all round mobile phone. It can be bettered by some phones for the camera quality and on the applications available. But if you want a slim, lightweight and nifty looking 3g phone then look no further. It has all the usual applications and functionality and in my opinion a very slick and fast interface (being used to Sony Ericssons).

It may not be the greatest music phone but the functions are there with access to controls on the front and the… Read Full Review

“I first bought the LG U880 3G mobile phone as my...”

Written on: 28/01/2006 by Riss71 (10 reviews written)

I first bought the LG U880 3G mobile phone as my Motorola V3 Razr gave up the ghost after being repaired twice, and at only 6 months old.

The LG caught my eye as it is nice looking, light, and I fancied a 3G phone. I like the set up; the menus are easy to navigate, and the free to roam internet was a dream, until today when the screen stuck. It was frozen completely, so I took the battery off, and put it back on, but there is still no change; so after 28 days it's back to the shop where I… Read Full Review

“I have been using an LG U8120 for approx 18 months and...”

Written on: 07/12/2005 by majorwedgy (9 reviews written)

I have been using an LG U8120 for approx 18 months and I loved the way that phone worked and looked and felt. It is similar in operation to a Nokia and it was cheap - hence my buying it :) There were a lot of problems with those phones, and lord knows I had problems, having sent 2 back for replacement. The LG U880 mobile phone is identical in usage to the aforementioned phone, only it now has a better screen, Bluetooth (at last!) and a higher resolution camera. Texting is still very nice as… Read Full Review

“I have had my old V500 for some time, and I am not...”

Written on: 02/12/2005 by poetuesday (2 reviews written)

I have had my old V500 for some time, and I am not really into phones, so I thought it was time I changed networks and phones. Out of the phones available on 3, I went for the LG U880 as it was smaller that the other options.

I like the look of it. Having two screens is cool, and the blue illuminated buttons are nice. I am easily pleased, and only really want a phone that does the basics. I don't want to download music or do video calling, but having these I options will naturally fill other… Read Full Review

Poetuesday's Response to poetuesday's Review

Written on: 27/12/2005

I have now had this phone for a bit and there are many things that annoy me about it, remembering that I am not that great with phones so maybe the issues are with me and not the phone:
<br>The keypad is all the same level, there is no way to feel your way around it, there are 2 very slight ridges on the number 5 but you cannot actually feel these, it makes working your way around the keypad a nightmare other than when you are looking at it.
<br>
<br>There is no speaker phone option that I can find and it does not have voice activated contacts (which is not that cool when in a car etc).
<br>Not very good with bluetooth connections, no USB cable or memory card as standard.
<br>You can't personalise the opening flip noise (so no Star Trek communicators beeps for me ;-( ), you can't delete all your texts in one go, you have to delete them one by one.
<br>
<br>One good point for people like me is that is does ask for confirmation on most of the things you ask it to do, however this is not the case when sending texts, so many times I have sent half written texts as I am use to my old phone and it's button positions and I go to press the spelling button and actually send the text instead, my fault I admit but there is no confirmation option like there is with every other command you give to the phone.
<br>
<br>I don't want much from a phone and I do like this phone but I would expect certain things to be standard and would certainly expect it to be consistant, which it isn't.
<br>
<br>I would highly recommend that if you are thinking of getting this phone that you work out that the keypad is workable for you as it is the most annoying thing to me now that I know my way around the phone.

Read 1 Comment