P&O Mini Cruise, Hull to Amsterdam Reviews

• Entertainment on board

P&O Mini Cruise, Hull to Amsterdam - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for P&O Mini Cruise, Hull to Amsterdam

“Brilliant mini cruise”

Written on: 30/11/2019 by yfMonaghan127 (1 review written)

Travelled on the price of hull ,lovely ship ,I'm travel ship and I was fine on the crossing very smooth.our cabin was a upgrade it was lovely worth it ,window,clarins beauty products,free mini bar,tv,kettle,tea,coffee,biscuists,crisp,the entertaintainment was great at night lots of bars to have a drink in prices same as home. Had a meal in the brasserie it was lovely and not too e xpensive. I could of stayed a week on this ship it had everything the atmosphere was great.couldn't fault anything going back soon .

“Bar services ,,bad beer and bad service”

Written on: 14/01/2017 by Tazsalem (1 review written)

The pride of Rotterdam is a great boat ,most of the staff is fantastic ,,European bar staff has bad attitude with the guests specially when I complained about bad or out of date beer ,,otherwise Resturant staff and food is fantastic ,,room service is fantastic ,,,entertainment at sky lounge ,was great ,,,the trip was great and enjoyable part from the bad service and bad beer ,,which has put me off getting on this trip again,,,

“Hull to Amsterdam mini cruise- you pay for what you get ”

Written on: 03/11/2013 by Bob2014 (1 review written)

Firstly the price is well worth it, 2 nights on the ferry and 1 night in the Dam you can't complain for £75... Although I must say the evening entertainment was horrific. 3 of the most un matched people I have ever seen. They murdered every song and on the way back we had to listen to the exact same murderous set. I know it is cheap but surely it's not hard to find a band that actually go together? The breakfast was a disaster had to wait 15 mins for beans hash browns and egg, by this point the que was huge and everything else on the plate was freezing. I wouldn't have minded but there wasn't even any staff behind the counter to see that there was nothing left, just a little irritating although if you can hack the cheesy band and we will count the breakfast disaster as bad luck then your in for a good fun cheap weekend! Maybe I am just miserable because I am still hungover!

“ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS - WELL WORTH IT!”

Written on: 25/04/2013

My daughter and I went on a mini-cruise to Amsterdam at the end of March 2013, when the 2-4-1 offer was on. We had a wonderful time. The cabin had two single beds with a sea view. Lovely and clean. We had the prepaid meals and were very impressed. The choice and quality of food was excellent. The staff were very friendly, helpful and polite. The entertainment was good - live band and dancing, disco later. We were a bit nervous about the crossing because it was so windy, but there was nothing to worry about and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice selection of things to buy in the shops onboard. So pleased we went and can't wait to go again! Thank you P & O!

“Too much queuing”

Written on: 02/11/2012 by AVGreaves (1 review written)

Having travelled on P & O minicruises several times we had raved about them to our friends who came with us on this occasion. It was a real disappointment from beginning to end -though due to organisational flaws rather than poor staff service. There was just too much time wasted. Initially boarding the ferry we were met by very unfriendly staff whose sole purpose seemed to be to stop you taking any alcohol on board to ensure that you have to pay their over inflated prices at the bar. Also they informed my husband that his swiss army knife was an offensive weapon and he wasn't allowed to take it on board!! They relented slightly and put it in the ship's manifest for him to collect later. The result no tweezers, nail scissors, bottle opener (but they hadn't let us take any bottles) pen, toothpick magnifying glass and all the other useful extra items that it was taken for. We got over that hiccup and were determined to enjoy ourselves and I don't mean with an excess of alcohol. We had not booked any meals so am unable to comment on them. As usual the cabins were adequate and the en-suite element is a real bonus. On checking the shower gel container it was empty but on informing reception it was immediately filled though I do feel these details should be checked before passengers are loaded. We awoke early thanks (?) to the constant announcements through the tannoy and prepared to disembark. It had been a rough crossing so we arrived about 30 mins late, no fault of anyone's except the weather but at this point frustration really kicked in. We had to queue to get off the ship as they only allow so many off at a time for safety reasons. It took us about 1/2 an hour simply to get off the ship! Then another 20 mins to get through customs. On a day trip this is too much time taken off the day. The coaches were waiting and set off quickly so that was a bonus. Unfortunately the traffic was horrendous and although the P & O itinerary stated we should be in Amsterdam for 10.30 am we did not arrive until 12.15 pm- nearly 2 hours late and leaving us a little under 5 hours in Amsterdam. As usual Amsterdam was fantastic but we had to rush everything because of the excessive queuing at the port. We were duly back at the bus stop for 5pm and were then informed that the bus stop had moved and this meant that those at the back of the queue ended up at the front at the new bus stop. The first bus didn't arrive until about 5.15 pm and then they came at about 5 minute intervals meaning a long cold wait! On returning to the terminal at Rotterdam we were dealt with quickly and efficiently and were able to board quickly. The cabin had been cleaned and new towels provided which was great. We settled down to enjoy our picnic tea which got several envious looks. Again though we had to pay the over inflated bar prices. On landing in Hull the nightmare of yesterday returned- another 30 mins to get off the ship and 40 mins to get through customs- only 2 on duty. I don't understand the shortage of staff as they know what time the ship docks and the number of passengers on board. Although we had "chip" passports there was no allowance for these to be used as there is in airports. Due to the excessive waiting I needed to go to the toilet before going through passport control and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. They were filthy and had no toilet paper. What a welcome to Britain for our European visitors. I was ashamed and again these should have been checked and cleaned prior to the arrival of the ferry. The mini cruises are still excellent value but could be and were so much better. It is a shame that an excellent concept is being devalued and I will think carefully before booking again. I understand delays caused by weather and traffic but delays caused by inadequate numbers of staff should be addressed. Security is a genuine concern but please have the correct number of staff to avoid such excessive and unnecessary delays.

“Sailing downhill”

Written on: 03/09/2012 by MartyHirst (1 review written)

As a regular user of just about all of the available North Sea crossings (average 150 crossings per year for the last ten years) I have experienced many levels of standard and a range of quality of service.  Last night, for the first time in ages, I shipped on P&O's "Pride of Hull". I was given a cabin key on deck 8, just down the corridor from the noisy cabaret/disco. On entering my cabin and checking the bathroom I noticed the shower-head was held in position by a plastic bag being tied around it and the soap dispenser was defective, filled but unserviceable. I lifted the toilet lid and was confronted by a toilet bowl filled to the brim with human waste. These ships sail only once a day so it'd been there for at least twelve hours. Quickly closing the lid and pressing & holding the vacuum button disposed of that little welcome gift. I reported it to reception, she apologised. Down at the bar I ordered a pint of Stella. £3,50 to you sir, or €5,10 Five Euro's and Ten Cents for a pint of Stella?? (€3,20 on Stena Line) Over the intercom an announcer "was pleased to inform us" that the Bureaux de Change was now open and that P&O charges no commission on transactions. Today's exchange rate was €1,41 to the pound. I quickly checked online, the going rate that day was €1,26 to the pound. Who needs commission at those rates? Deck 8 is, of course, directly above deck 7. Deck 7 is the main car-deck. Ships move a little and vibrate slightly. Car alarms are sensitive to all this and trip regularly. This is all very audible through the floor and resulted in a broken night's sleep. Eventually, at 05,30hrs I gave up and took a cold shower. "No hot water?", I hear you ask. Plenty of hot water, I just needed to cool down, the wall thermostat was broken and was stuck on 30 degrees all night! Thank you P&O. Thank you for reminding me why I prefer crossing with Stena Line.

“Mini cruise to Bruges from Hull”

Written on: 31/07/2012 by SusieBirtles (2 reviews written)

Absolutely brilliant value I went with a friend, we had a cabin each with en suite facilities We had dinner both evenings and paid up front The staff made us feel special-Nothing was too much trouble for them. The whole experience was seamless and easy. Fantastic! I was nervous about going and now want to do it again and again. The parking was convenient and cheap and so easy to find. Everyone there was brilliant. Fab food, fab sailing, fab information and I loved it-Really did. I just felt so spoiled by you all For 145 quid It was bargain! Thankyou I am trying the Amsterdam mini cruise next

“DFDS Harwich to Esbejerg”

Written on: 14/06/2012

The ferry trip from Harwich to Esbejerg is a complete rip-off. DFTS have the monopoly of ferries to North Germany and Denmark. To get to other ferries one has a long drive. The trip which can well cost in excess of £1,000 for a return trip for two is over four times as expencise as Ryan AIr and twice as expensive as driving and staying in a hotel. DFTS strongly discourage passengers from bringing on their own food and force them to use ther very expensive failities. The trip is not a cruise and can be very uncomfortable in the North Sea.

“Brilliant Value for money - Great Weekend away!! ”

Written on: 01/04/2012

We went for the two day cruise to Rotterdam / Amsterdam. We got the 2 for 1 deal! PRIDE OF HULL. We went for the Meals when buying the ticket which was the best thing to do, we paid £20 each for the food (Based on 2 people) which was amazing value for money - The meals were £18.99 on board at the cheapest resteraunt. Meals included - Breakfast, full brekkie and continental. - Evening meal was a 'Sunday Dinner' or Curry and second night - Beef / Turkey or escalops / Fish. - Good service. Rooms were to be expected, two single beds, We paid extra for a window which was worth it in my view. - We also had a mini dressing table, one of the beds folded into a sofa and an ensuite (more spacious then expected after reading prev reviews). Also on Board was a cinema showing 4 films, the casino was two tables at the side of the bar, not brill. There was a few shops on board - Gift shop (V expensive) , Pefume shop, wasnt too bad - also sold brands like body shop and handbags/sunglasses. There were also a few Bars - irish bar and a general bar. Lots of seats. - Top posh bar led onto the sundeck, was good, on the evening there was a pianist / singer. There was a reception (as soon as you board ask for extra pillows are rooms has 2 not enough!) . The boat does rock quite a lot so be prepared!! Overall drinks quite expensive, bottle of wine £10 - Beer about £3 a pint. However WOULD definatly reccomend, good little weekend break ! :D

“totally shattered.com”

Written on: 27/02/2012 by mcookie30 (1 review written)

great mini cruise to amsterdam the ship is massive (pride of rotterdam) with lots of facilitys for all ages, beer price onboard slightly high but not budget busting, the food in the four seasons buffet was ok not the best but the chicken wings and ribs were really good and i sure ate all i could (specially as id been sat in a coffee shop earlier in the day :)) the cabins were small but fit for purpose with a decent shower not that we slept much 6 hours in 2 days but hey that was my own doing nothing to do with the bed or ship, didnt really get to see as much of amsterdam as i would of hoped to have seen more but 5 hours really isnt enough time :( i would fly personally next time to enable 2-3 days in amsterdam but for a cheap break on a party boat id reccoment to anyone !

“2 night amsterdam cruise”

Written on: 23/02/2012 by tatvic (1 review written)

check in at Hull ,easy no fuss, staff helpfull, on board the ferry crew freindly and good entertainment -live bands..piano singer..however , dirty beer glasses , the food in the buffet certainly is'nt worth the price ,all you can eat only cause they trying to get rid off it all..!! , Costa coffee expensive .,the cabins smelled like a old peoples home, this really lets the ferry down as cleanliness should be priority..the ferry as a lot going for it

“Had a great time - Second time on a ferry”

Written on: 18/02/2012

The first ferry crossing since I was younger, we sailed on the Pride of Rotterdam from Hull - Rotterdam. Website was easy to use, pricing was strange though as trying to book it a day later increased the cost from £75 to £400+!!! So I booked a basic room including transfer from Rotterdam to Amsterdam, for £75. Had a great time. Information about which terminal/carpark to go to at Hull was confusing, and the pay machine didnt work so lots of people were almost late because of it. Otherwise, a flawless victory from P&O, great staff, great service, prices average but cheaper than the airlines for food and drink. We had a great time

“A complete rip off”

Written on: 06/02/2012

I booked a buy one get one free from Hull to Amsterdam which was fine a real bargain until I got their and discovered it was £6 a night to park and £12 each meal costing any extra £207.00 as they wouldnt let me take my own food on THIS IS A SCAM AND PEOPLE SHOULD BE WARNED ABOUT THE EXTRA COSTS AS THEY WANTED MORE FOR THE FOOD THAN WHAT THE BREAK COST ME.

Fester71's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2013

You really need to have a word with yourself.
O dear, paying for parking. do you have to pay for parking in ever town in the UK?

Can't take your own food on board. Do you often go into a café or restaurant with sandwiches and a flask of tea? No!!

Your just a cheap anything for nothing moaning skinflint.
Bet you relish Christmas scrooge.

Nicolamichelle86's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2013

My thoughts exactly fester71
The mini cruise is cheap enough and p&o have not hidden the fact you have to pay £7 per 24 hours for car park what I think is quite good

Hondavfr750's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2013

so why were so stupid as to not read the details of the trip they are all there on the web page.peoples stupidity astounds me sometimes

Read 3 Comments

“con with parking”

Written on: 27/01/2012 by pam.p (1 review written)

we paid £12 for 2 nights parking at hull, the ticket comes in 2 parts both say pay and display and are dated, one part goes in car, i put the wrong part in and found a parking fine on my return, i have to pay £30 within 7 days or £100 after that, i contacted pps the company that has contract with P&O and told it was my fault even though i have proof of purchase, I have driven for over 40 years and never had a parking ticket or fine i am 65 this year and i am very upset about this, the tickets are in small print and i think they are done this way to confuse, i have complained to P&O and said they should put a stop to this blatent con, so be aware when parking in hull at P&O.

“P and O Hull to Amsterdam”

Written on: 05/12/2011 by bwfc76 (1 review written)

We went Hull to Amsterdam on 3/12/11. Check in at hull was very easy and well organised. Ship experience was excellent, staff very friendly and helpful. Good entertainment at night too, kids were happy playing in the ball pool in the childrens area. Food was also excellent and plenty of choice too. Good bars with plenty of choice of drinks,a little more pricey than pub prices £3.40 for a pint of lager. Cabin was small and basic but very clean, also cabin shower and toilet basic but clean.Coach transfer to Amsterdam very good and well organised. Overall for the money we paid I think this trip was excellent value for money and will do this again in the future.

“Very good value for money but be warned the cabins are...”

Written on: 16/03/2011

Very good value for money but be warned the cabins are very small and if we do it again we will do an upgrade onboard.The crew going out were very good and polite and helpful but coming back we found them not caring and sometimes even rude.
The coach transfers to Amsterdam were very easy to find outside the terminal and again coming back from the same place.We stayed a night in Amsterdam and wished we had longer there,what a great city and very scenic and lots to do.Overall a good value break but watch those cabins and do an upgrade.

“Absolutely fantastic. 8 of us went for my birthday (2...”

Written on: 14/02/2011 by Dannyshax (1 review written)

Absolutely fantastic. 8 of us went for my birthday (2 night booze cruise hull-rotterdam) and it was one to remember. Staff very friendly and approachable from arrival to departing. Drinks on board were around £3.20 a pint for lager, spirits can be a little expensive but not pocket busting. If you have the option book breakfast and other meals in advance as breakfast is £10.45 ( buffet) so you can go back but can only eat so much anyway :-) buying alcohol from duty free outbound is tricky as you can't actually get it until you board to return back. Shops etc close around 11pm and bar at 1pm. Rooms are all you need, hot shower and beds are surprisingly comfortable, but if you're like me, was chatting to others on the ship until 5 so didn't sleep all that much anyway, but had fun finding my room. If possible book a night to stay in Amsterdam as the city is completely different at night so you can experience both day life and night life. I'm already planning to go again this year.....

“Can't recommend P&O highly enough. I had made several...”

Written on: 14/02/2011

Can't recommend P&O highly enough. I had made several alterations to this booking prior to setting off, including changing from car to foot passengers, and changing the date and one of the passengers! All handled politely and no fuss. Very pleasantly surprised with the ferry crossing, room perfectly adequate, shower great. The staff are very professional and friendly, food was good and I disagree with comments about the price, thought it excellent value, nothing to stop you going up more than once to the buffet, and for those who prefer waiter service there is a brasserie. Drinks similar price to where we live in the UK. Would definitely book again but would spend a night in Amsterdam as didn't have long enough to do all I wanted.

“P&O mini cruise on the BOGOF offer for the pride of...”

Written on: 10/02/2011

P&O mini cruise on the BOGOF offer for the pride of hull. We did this on our two days off work, wanted to just have a bit of fun away from home and this really did tick all of the boxes for us. We traveled up and found were the port was. Plenty of parking as there is a multi storey car park on site, car parking is £5 per 24hrs. No que when we walked in and check in, customs and boarding ect took 10 min. All the team on board and at the terminal were very friendly. Room was small but as it was only for sleeping in was more than fine. Was fold away bunks so we did that to give more room when getting changed. 2 restaurants and a pretend costa coffee shop all of which were clean. If you want coffee by from the costa as you get more value for money, no one will stop you taking it to the show bar or sky deck. Beer prices were £3.30 for murphy's and £3.20 for Stella so just a tad more than uk city prices. Pepsi was £1.99 a pint and that's cheaper than your local brewers fayre. We didn't get searched for beer on the way in ether so could have bought some with us. Cover band was very good and the show bar was open until midnight. 2 cinemas (30-40 capacity) showing up to date dvd's ie knight and day, tickets were £5.50. Casino was small but a good fun. Wake up call is hand for breakfast but you can afford to sleep in as there are more later on as you get closer to port. We opted to get breakfast in the city and were very happy with the price and quality we got. Beer in the city is about the same as the boat. Food is cheaper and gifts are about right too. Sex toys are dear, hookers in windows are cool but did not ask for a price (sorry), joint (skunk) and 2 coffees came to 8 euros. Look around as there are nice cafes to smoke in. Museums were interesting and boat ride was fun. We had 6 hours in the city and if you look up stuff before you go is plenty of time. Transfer time from/to the boat is hour and half to two hours. Couple of yobs on broad when we went but not picks about it (if you get my meaning). Take plenty of spending money if you want to drink, eat and do every thing this trip has to offer.

“Wenton the Hull - Bruges mini cruise mid October, £72...”

Written on: 16/11/2010

Wenton the Hull - Bruges mini cruise mid October, £72 for both of us to travel. you cant even go to London on the train from here for that price.
Meals on board are a little pricy but we got 10% off both ways for the Buffet/carvery, Im still trying to fit back in my kex after over indulging, everything thrown in icluding transfers to Bruges bus station a back to ferry

Anyhow cut a long story, we enjoyed so much we booked again for End Nov 2010 for the trip to Amsterdam. same price & upgraded to Premier outside cabin on green deck, cant wait Booked through "Superbreak"

Asked by IYFH on 29th July 2016 Report this content
Is there a swimming pool in Hull to Amsterdam P&O mini ferry?

Asked by gilly83 on 10th November 2014 Report this content
I am going on the soul mini cruise Nov 26-28th, just wondered how much spending money I need to take? I have pre paid for food. Thankyou

Asked by Manda0789 on 3rd February 2014 Report this content
When parking in hull ferry port do you have to pay to park in advance or when you exit the car park?

Asked by bron2013 on 8th December 2013 Report this content
?lease can you tell me i have just been on a mini cruise to Amsterdam with po.bought some goods from duty free .please can you tell me why when paying in euros i was charged in buy back rate for my goods rather than normal rate surely it should the same as paying in GBP.cash.if not why are you not advised of this?