Cort M200 Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Cort M200 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Cort M200

“This guitar's sound is good. I've played it for clean...”

written by on 20/01/2011

This guitar's sound is good. I've played it for clean strumming and rock distortion stuff...it's good. I really like the neck because it feel like my acoustic. Good product and great value for money..

“The Cort M200 has excellent sound, plays well, I like...”

written by on 28/01/2009

The Cort M200 has excellent sound, plays well, I like the thin neck, it helps play faster. It's a tank, but it's light weight. Holds tune well, even after insane bending. I've played this guitar for about five years and have not encountered any problems.

“The Cort m200 is a great guitar for a first electric...”

written by on 11/06/2008

The Cort m200 is a great guitar for a first electric and or even for a more experienced guitarist. The dual humbuckers are great and have a good deep rock sound.

“The Cort M200 has an awesome sound, slick looks, and...”

written by on 18/04/2008

The Cort M200 has an awesome sound, slick looks, and very good quality for its price. it's good stuff. i recommend. HIGHLY

“The Cort is very robust with a nice clean finish and...”

written by hamstermatt on 01/07/2007

The Cort is very robust with a nice clean finish and colour. It handles very well with a good proportion of depth. The strings are very easy to hold down and because it has a small neck you can easily fit your hand around it which helps me as I'm a beginner!!! Lovely to hold and show off, overall a brilliant first guitar ideal for learning on. I have especially found that it is a BRILLIANT value for money and I would definitely recommend it. This guitar has also been used on stage by bands!

“The Cort M200 was the first "decent" electrics that I...”

written by jimbo98z on 30/05/2007

The Cort M200 was the first "decent" electrics that I purchased. I kind of rushed myself into it as I got a very good deal on the guitar, and the only electric I had at the time was a Squier Stratocaster (junk). The guitar is definitely easy to play with low action (it's adjustable but comes set low), a low-profile neck, and a relatively short scale. That being said, the neck and fretboard are where I ran into the most problems with this guitar. As I said above, the neck is very flimsy and leads to accidentally "bending" the note you're playing. That is by far my biggest complaint about the guitar. The second is that it won't hold a tune for very long. This isn't a big deal as I tune the guitar each time I pick it up and re-check and tweak while I'm playing, but it's frustrating nonetheless. Also, if I try to feed this into a half stack through any kind of overdrive or distortion, the bottom end gets very muddy, the mids don't pick up to well, and the highs get a kind of "warbly" sound, almost like a cheap chorus effect (in a bad way).

The Cort M200 isn't without it's good points though. One can relatively easily be found in the $200-$250 range, which is a good starting point for someone just getting into electric guitars. The small neck and frets could also be accommodating to a new player who hasn't quite gotten the finger dexterity to make the long stretches just yet. The electronics aren't fantastic, but for the money they are better than one would expect. Pickup selector switches seem to be a weak point, but it's easy enough to replace.

Bottom line: This is a good beginner's electric guitar, or a good guitar for a child or someone with smaller hands. Some of the finishes they have available are pretty cool to look at as well. This is a good, cheap sit-at-home and practice guitar, just don't plan on trying to play any gigs with it. I'm putting yes for recommendation, because I would recommend it to someone new, but I would suggest a gigging guitarist look elsewhere. You get what you pay for.

“I got it for my 8th Birthday and still play it now. I...”

written by gibsonman93 on 29/03/2007

I got it for my 8th Birthday and still play it now. I also recently got a Gibson Les Paul STD, although it doesn't quite match up to the Gibson, it's not far off. The neck is the perfect size for shredding. Even sounds great through a small amp. It has great machine heads and hardware. Great guitar!

“I have had my Cort for about a month and it is...”

written by igotacort on 01/02/2004

I have had my Cort for about a month and it is amazing. All of my friends, who have Gibsons were commenting on how good it is. Another friend thought it WAS a Gibson! I am amazed at how a guitar so cheap is so good. Cort should have more recognition. They are amazing. This is the measuring stick for value guitars. I got mine for £200. It competes with my friends £450 BC Rich. Need I say more. Definetly 10 out of 10.

Shanejhennessy's Response to igotacort's Review

Written on: 23/06/2006

Don't worry, Cort will be big - very big.