Woolwich Basic Current Account Reviews

• Ease of use

Woolwich Basic Current Account - Ask a question now

“question”

Written on: 18/06/2013

Hello. I wonder if you can answer to my question. I have Woolwich Building Society Prime Gold Account book. Account number 4-311-37437 issued on 16 Jan 92. Balance on 12 Aug 95 was Ł3.73 Could you please send me some information about the account. Your sincerely. J.Kazmierczak… Read Full Review

“I have been with Woolwich for over 10 years. I took a...”

Written on: 13/09/2006 by henleyb (2 reviews written)

I have been with Woolwich for over 10 years. I took a loan out for £6000 (my first loan) and paid it back promptly. They continued to take money out of my account for months to "pay off the loan". I complained many times, and eventually after a lot of stress and dealing with unhelpful staff, I got my money back. This was just one of the many things they have done over the time I have been with them. It's like they just don't care.

I'm switching ASAP… Read Full Review

“I had some issues with my credit worthiness, and so...”

Written on: 06/02/2006 by o2guy (13 reviews written)

I had some issues with my credit worthiness, and so found it very difficult to open a bank account. I read about the Woolwich savings account that gave you a Visa Electron card and went to open one, when the staff in the branch told me that there was an alternative account to the Open Plan one. It is just called the Woolwich Current account, and it just offers a Visa Electron card, standing orders, direct debits and monthly statements. There is no facility to do telephone or online banking… Read Full Review