Tristar Standard Trumpet Reviews

• Appearance

Tristar Standard Trumpet - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Well... I myself am an intermediate bass player who's...”

Written on: 15/05/2010 by JustKnowz (1 review written)

Well... I myself am an intermediate bass player who's always been fascinated with the trumpet (I'm a big Lee Morgan fan, Miles Davis is the man, but Lee made me want to play trumpet!) I'm about 35 years of age and I didnt want to invest too much money. I just wanted to see if there was some kind of chemistry between a trumpet and myself or if it was just a "fever" that would soon pass. Well, as for the Tristar 7C Trumpet-- I paid cheap, and I guess I got cheap... but I was expecting that. I… Read Full Review

“It seems to be made of very very cheap materials, and...”

Written on: 02/09/2009

It seems to be made of very very cheap materials, and the valves are hard to push down, and it scratches like crazy! It looks nice but it is hard to play.

“I Just Got My Tristar Convertible Trumpet today and it...”

Written on: 31/08/2009

I Just Got My Tristar Convertible Trumpet today and it is very very cheap! You can tell just by picking it up it ways way less than my Getzen. The only time I might recommend it is if the person wasn't sure if they were going to stick with it. I expected it to be made with cheap materials But the whole thing is cheap. Let me Just say that if you are considering buying cheap instruments off of ebay or something, that you consider going for a used higher brand! I thought it wouldn't matter but it… Read Full Review

“I may have the runt of the litter as even for the...”

Written on: 10/08/2007 by HuffPuffMusic (1 review written)

I may have the runt of the litter as even for the cheap price I am disappointed with the instrument. The first valve notes are difficult to pitch (I am a pro player. You Tube search Paul Mayes) and the overall tuning, which is very important for a beginner, is not within acceptable limits even at beginner standard. I would advise paying slightly more for the next model up (I haven't played it). I have seen good reviews for these instruments but am commenting on my own experience… Read Full Review

Pro Trumpet's Response to HuffPuffMusic's Review

Written on: 30/01/2008

He knows what he's talking about & I trust this review!

Read 1 Comment