Tristar Standard Trumpet Reviews

• Appearance

Tristar Standard Trumpet - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“The Tristar seems to be a poorly manufactured trumpet....”

Written on: 23/11/2008

The Tristar seems to be a poorly manufactured trumpet. I have to agree with the majority fo the reviews that I have read. The Tristar is definitely not in tune which is probably due to the material used in the manufacturing of the trumpet. I would definitely not recommend anyone purchasing a Tristar trumpet… Read Full Review

“I am an experienced Brass teacher and pro Trombone...”

Written on: 17/09/2008 by emandjay (2 reviews written)

I am an experienced Brass teacher and pro Trombone player in London and I had the slightly less than enlightened experience of having to teach students who turned-up with one of these things having been bought blind on ebay by well-meaning parents.
To say these instruments are Trumpets would take a real stretch of the imagination! They blow terribly, and I mean terribly, absolutely nothing is centred, the valves move and that's all you can say for them, the "lacquer" comes off when you look at… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“First of all, I think this trumpet is poorly made; in my...”

Written on: 03/08/2008 by whatastrad15 (2 reviews written)

First of all, I think this trumpet is poorly made; in my opinion it has bad craftsmanship, second, looks of the horn, if is really a trumpet, it's horrible and has a nightmarish appearance in my eyes, I can't tune the horn, I think the sound is bad, and finally, some parts of the so called 'trumpet' has antimony and lead which is highly toxic. If you buy this trumpet you might be disappointed with the tone quality. I recommend that people looking on buying a trumpet to save their money and buy a… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“In my opinion this is by far the most miserable excuse...”

Written on: 16/12/2007

In my opinion this is by far the most miserable excuse of an instrument to darken our doorstep! The plating was so poor that flakes of plating gummed up the valves - terrible! Valve cap threads are nearly impossible to match to put on. I could never recommend this brand. Please save your money and invest in a better instrument. 30+ years of teaching and 47+ years of playing… Read Full Review