Sony RDR-VX410 Reviews

Weight: 4.9 kg
Depth: 33.4 cm

“Waste of money”

written by nzresident on 13/02/2012

I bought this unit because of it's dubbing capacity however I had enormous trouble when doing so. About the third time I used this, to copy a DVD to video, it chewed up the video tape. Thank goodness it wasn't the video that was the only record of the pictures we had. At the time it was still under extended warranty but I had the incovenience of having to have it repaired. I was reluctant to try it again but finally took the risk of copying our video of our daughter's wedding to DVD. For some time the DVD has failed to accept DVD+R discs. A very frustrating problem resulting in a continual

“I am not sure why people are giving such bad reviews...”

written by Simon Persse on 12/02/2011

I am not sure why people are giving such bad reviews for this. I have been using the DVD recorded for almost a month now and I havent had any such problems!
I do think that it is a little expensive compared to the other models that are avaialble within this price range. However, it is still a Sony and the overall build quality of this is better than many of the cheaper ones. You get what you pay for I guess!

If you are looking for a mid range decent recorder and dont have a huge budget i think the Sony is quite a good choice. I have been using Sony products for as long as I can remember and wouldnt go to any other!

“very good ”

written by on 29/10/2009

very good

“This machine performed really good until a week before...”

written by on 21/08/2009

This machine performed really good until a week before the warranty was due to run out then it spat the dummy. The RDR-VX410 DVD recorder refused to write. Sony fixed it under warranty but now it has failed again outside the warranty period and all SONY say is you should have paid more money for an extended warranty. I feel that SONY have COMPROMISED their so called QUALITY products. Surely these products should last more the 18 months.

“On the face of it, a very easy machine to use & when...”

written by x2gsd on 01/01/2009

On the face of it, a very easy machine to use & when it feels like actually doing it's job it does a good one but... I bought this machine to put my video collection on to DVD, it does all this at the touch of a single button... sometimes. The last 6 hours of recordings have got to the end then it says 'No Title List Found 'or 'This Disc Can Neither Be Played Nor Viewed' & spits the blank disc out. Sony are not interested I personally feel.

“I only had my unit for 12 months and a matter of days...”

written by spitz04527 on 10/11/2008

I only had my unit for 12 months and a matter of days when a disc would not eject. After fighting with Sony, they reluctantly agreed to give me a free repair. When the disc was taken out I was told it must have been corrupted in some way but, guess what, I took it home and it played on a bog-standard Alba machine. Since then it periodically either jams with a disc inside (I've learned how to disassemble and reassemble the machine in about 5 minutes so not more repairs), it corrupts a disc which it is recording causing all data to be lost, it does not accept a disc it has been recording previously (RW discs) or it simply goes into a mad loop when it tries all options eject, load until eventually I have to switch the machine off so that it does not end up in flames - cannot use when not in just in case I come back to a real fire! All in all - RUBBISH.

“I got my Sony RDR-VX410 as a way to transfer my vhs...”

written by on 24/09/2008

I got my Sony RDR-VX410 as a way to transfer my vhs collect onto dvd which it is more than capable of doing. The recording is excellent. Picture quality is crisp even on the lower settings. I record a lot of things from tv shows to movies to sports and it has not let me down i think it never will. One button is all you need to press to transfer from vhs to dvd or from dvd to vhs, which is easily located on the front panel. It not only works well but has a nice look to it so should appeal to many. Very stylish! I would not hesitate in telling anybody to buy it, Also it is reasonably priced.

“Any good points are overwhelmed by its being...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 23/08/2008

Any good points are overwhelmed by its being inoperable so nil is the situation.

“The Sony RDR-VX410 is the biggest heap of unuser...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by notsony on 20/08/2008

The Sony RDR-VX410 is the biggest heap of unuser friendly scrap metal I've come across. Instructions seem easy to follow but after recording 2 hour programme it says this disc cannot be played or recorded???

“Wouldn't touch no matter how good the apparent features”

written by nothing on 04/01/2007

Wouldn't touch no matter how good the apparent features

“An engineer came out to look at my Sony RDR-VX410...”

written by brandnew on 31/01/2006

An engineer came out to look at my Sony RDR-VX410 DVD/VCR Combi, and took it to a workshop for two weeks? He brought it back, but it still had the same fault.

They eventually told me there was a mod that needed doing, but they were waiting for Sony to get back to them.

You may struggle to get one at the moment. If you can, try before you buy! I was lucky, I bought mine from a decent dealer, and they gave me my money back.

Seany's Response to brandnew's Review

Written on: 06/03/2006

I have read of similar problems with this machine all over the web.
Argos currently have a special offer on the Sony RDR-VX410, but i think i will give this one a miss. Never thought i would say that about a Sony product!
Sean