Service Pals www.servicepals.com

• Ease Of Navigation

Service Pals www.servicepals.com - Ask a question now

“excellent”

written by ruOlson1981 on 21/12/2014

Servicepals has been upgraded recently.I see that a magazine rated it 4 stars for its forums and friend finder service. Very easy to use now and connect with serving and ex service people.

“sometimes you really DO get what you pay for. AVOID”

written by on 15/10/2012

Harvesting site for dubious dating sites. Register here and get bombarded with spam. Started off with the right attitude, decided to go along the free access/spam the members with advertising route wrongly and has steadily gone down the pan since then. A complete waste of the 5 minutes you'll spend registering your details to never get a reply from anyone at all let alone support. It then passes on your details to the owners dating sites, disgusting! There are plenty of ways of meeting old oppos out there, mostly amateur but a few like forces reunited professional and easy to use with millions of real members who unfortunately charge a little fee, that said it does what it says on the tin. I'd avoid this one unless you have time to waste and an email address you don't mind dumping very soon, also don't place too much info: it's given away very unsecurely to anyone that wants it: may as well sign up to facebook if you want your military details chucked to all & sundry!

Dambusters's Comment

Written on: 10/03/2014

well said... the site is a total disgrace

“Not a place for intelligent discussions on matters of...”

written by on 21/09/2012

Not a place for intelligent discussions on matters of military service.

Notahope's Comment

Written on: 03/02/2014

I agree with the above comment, because military matters have been done to death already. Its now a place where prejudices and political biases. are vented.

“quite easy to use but I never seem to find anyone I...”

written by on 05/05/2011

quite easy to use but I never seem to find anyone I ever served with?
A bit rubbish compared with forces reunited, their forums are also far livelier!
I am not sure SP was actually setup with the forces in mind as it all appears a little amateurish and I never ever receive answers to them when sending emails!

“ ”

written by on 21/10/2010

The 'Reunion' website space in the UK is dominated by Friends Reunited, but the niche for ex-miliarty people is well served by ServicePals.com.

Very good portal, it is simple, clear and above all Free.

“Since the servicepals site was supposedly upgraded 18...”

written by on 05/08/2008

Since the servicepals site was supposedly upgraded 18 month ago, the site seems to have gone into decline. The site was supposedly going to be upgraded and the units system fixed by April of this year. Nothing has happened. I agree with Doug's an Herewegoagain comments. The site is only a money grabbing concern for the so called administrator. He is only interested in dating services and gambling. Don't waste your money by joining. I am currently a member of the site, but when my subscription runs out, there is no way I would contemplate rejoining.

“I joined the site in 2002, but because of the sites...”

written by on 05/08/2008

I joined the site in 2002, but because of the sites administration decided my money could be better spent elsewhere

“My view of www.servicepals.com... after having tried...”

written by herewegoagain on 09/02/2008

My view of www.servicepals.com... after having tried to use it for three weeks and having indicated, in dozens of attempts to get logged, that I have forgotten my user name and password, as far as I am aware I have not yet had a response - merely say you are broken down (which I don't believe) or tell me my e-mail address already exists - which you would expect I'd already know that, since each time I've asked for a reminder of my user name/password it was me who told you my e-mail address and it was the address I was using to make the enquiries.
I have also written to you by Royal Mail - (I suppose I should now say 'Via the Peoples' Post Office' now our Govenrment has decided to turn communist and remove the Royal Family). As far as I am aware I have not yet had a reply to my posted letter by letter post or e-mail.

I do not recommend Service Pals.

“Update the email addresses, or contact details, or...”

written by LesMan on 25/10/2006

Update the email addresses, or contact details, or check when the members in box was last used, if not in use after 6 months Service Pal should send the money back as the service is not being used..

“The so called updated Service Pals site is as slow as...”

written by Doug1234 on 16/10/2006

The so called updated Service Pals site is as slow as the old one and offers nothing new. To say it helps you find ex-service friends is fatuous, unless you're on line when your long lost buddy posts his name, you've got no chance. The one moderator who ran a "Find a Friend" service was booted off by management.

Do not expect a reply to any correspondence you send to the reputed administrator.

This site is run purely to line the pockets of the administrator. It offers low grade chat from old farts who remember National Service but not what they had for breakfast.

“Service Pals is a must for any one looking for their...”

written by Steevo1 on 18/01/2006

Service Pals is a must for any one looking for their long lost Army/Navy/Air force pals

Jimp's Response to Steevo1's Review

Written on: 11/04/2006

Is the idea that you allow site owners to review their own stuff?

Doug1234's Response to Steevo1's Review

Written on: 15/09/2006

In my opinion Servicepals.com is simply a money-making site for Ross Williams. He's never seen a day's service in his life and is a money-grubbing harlot. Under no circumstances give your hard-earned money to him - he wastes it on flying lessons and exotic cars. He provides a mediocre service, and frankly my dear, doesn't give a damn.
<br/>