Hitachi Deskstar 160GB ATA 133 8MB Reviews

Hitachi Deskstar 160GB ATA 133 8MB - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hitachi Deskstar 160GB ATA 133 8MB

Hitachi Deskstar 160GB ATA 133 8MB
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB ATA 133 8MB

“ Drive has 2 sets of jumpers and a chart, Doesn't...”

Written on: 26/12/2009

Drive has 2 sets of jumpers and a chart, Doesn't play well with other CD's and hard drives. If your setting up more than 1 primary drive, good luck! I was barely able to set this drive up with 1 other drive and 2 cd's. after hours of trial and error. later drive failed, returned for replacement, went good, but 2 year later after running kill disk on drive, locked up PC, and Drive wont boot.
Other than Quantum drives that are no longer in bussiness, would recommend Seagate. Have a couple… Read Full Review

“The Hitachi Deskstar 26140 (160GB) hard drive has been...”

Written on: 17/01/2006 by kiyawhite (56 reviews written)

The Hitachi Deskstar 26140 (160GB) hard drive has been an overall huge improvement from my previous hard drive - that was a Samsung SV120h or something (it's so bad in comparison that I can't even remember it's name).

I can't believe I rated that hard drive so highly, really; how I rated it is all wrong - compared to the performance I get from this hard drive.

*The biggest difference between this hard drive and my previous hard drive is the temperature. Sure, I now also have a hard drive… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to kiyawhite's Review

Written on: 19/01/2006

'.....(it's so bad in comparison that I can't even remember it's name)'.
<br>
<br>kiyawhite....my Big Book of Obscenities may help you remember!
<br>You certainly know your hard drives. I don't think I'd recognise one if I fell over it.

Bertie's Response to kiyawhite's Review

Written on: 27/01/2006

Many thanks for that most interesting link kiyawhite.
<br>I found the following via Digg, so both sites are giving me more information than I can cope with!
<br>http://news.com.com/2300-1010_3-6031405-1.html?part=rss&tag=6031405&subj=news

Kiyawhite's Response to kiyawhite's Review

Written on: 20/01/2006

Also known, by Hitachi themself, as the Deskstar 7K250. Go to http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en/menuitem.fdd9dbceef73222d92b86b31bac4f0a0 for more.

Read 3 Comments