Mercedes Benz SLK 280 Reviews

Mercedes Benz SLK 280 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mercedes Benz SLK 280

Mercedes Benz SLK 280
Mercedes Benz SLK 280

“Champagne performance for beer budget”

Written on: 08/08/2016 by itMcKnight133 (1 review written)

Owned a few performance cars over the years and a couple being drop-tops, so when I assessed my stable a saw room for a two-seater I started researching and ended up with three contenders: MB SLK, Audi TT and Porsche cayman/boxster. Found the TT a great performer, but didn't like the cloth top. The cayman was awesome but had a fixed roof. The Boxster was the cayman without the roof, but also had a cloth top (noisey, not secure, I've had soft tops cut in the past so not too keen on them). The Porsche's handling was best in class, spartan interior and they suffered from IMS (intermediate shaft bearing issues=$$$$ fix). That left the TT and SLK. The TT had bullet=proof drivetrain, nice but cramped interior and a bit claustrophobic when top up, plus again the soft top issue. That left the SLK, which proved to be an athletic and nimble handler, great V6 engine and Gtronic 7-spd (with the AMG package it also has paddle shifters & aggressive AMG tuned suspension. brakes and wheels/tires) plus a roomy (relatively speaking) and much more luxurious interior, not to mention the retractable hardtop that goes up or down in 20 secs. I bought the SLK and haven't stopped smiling since! Try one, I think you'll like it.

“Bought this slk 280 from a MB dealership under the...”

Written on: 05/08/2009

Bought this slk 280 from a MB dealership under the approved used scheme. Over 15 faults identified in the first week. Dealership lied about the condition of the car and have failed to rectify the faults. Have promised to rectify them but have failed to do the work on 3 occasions. I would not recommend mercedes benz to anyone. Previously owned a TT. Service from audi puts mercedes to shame. Handling on slk is poor in the wet, havent tried winter conditions yet. Would guess TT quattro is much safer

“Liked the car so much on the test drive that I went...”

Written on: 08/07/2008

Liked the car so much on the test drive that I went back the following week and ordered a new one. The Mercedes 280slk with the full sports spec is awesome.

“I love the Mercedes Benz SLK 280! I liked the...”

Written on: 24/05/2006 by Hoonis Boy (1 review written)

I love the Mercedes Benz SLK 280! I liked the previous version a lot but this one is way cool. It's great fun to drive both in the city and on the open road. It has the sleek shape that I like, better than the Audi TT and nose-heavy Z4.

“The Mercedes Benz SLK 280 is a really nice car. I test...”

Written on: 15/03/2006 by miket65 (1 review written)

The Mercedes Benz SLK 280 is a really nice car. I test drove it, felt really good behind the wheel, catches people's eye and the auto roof was pretty cool too, but went for the Porsche Boxster instead