Suzuki GSX750F Reviews

Suzuki GSX750F
4.6
  • Build quality

• Reliability

Summary

The GSX-R750 is a 750 class sport bike motorcycle from Suzuki's GSX-R series of motorcycles. It was introduced in 1985 and can be considered to be the first of the modern racer-replicas with many race-derived technologies and the looks of a Suzuki Endurance racer at an affordable price.
Suzuki GSX750F - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Suzuki GSX750F

“Suzuki's GSX750F, so good I bought another one.”

written by Torny on 08/07/2022

This time a 99 model with just 23k on the clock, the previous model was a 98 with similar mileage. If your looking for a cheap summer hack then I'd recommend you take a serious look at one of these motorcycles, good ole tried and tested Suzuki SACS engine taken from the original bad boy GSXR750 of the 80's and early 90's although a little retune has given it a somewhat more sedate ride which at my time of life (nearly 50) is a more than welcomed relief from the rigours of jap 600 pocket rockets. Plenty of torque allows for a relaxed ride allowing you to click between 5th and 6th pretty much all day long baring junctions/slow traffic of course, the retune by no means makes it slow though as @ just 93'ish bhp the ole GSXF has enough bottom end grunt to punt you from 30 into license loosing territory without the need to change out of top and a top end of 150+ is nowt to be sniffed at fer sure. The comfort side of things is well sorted with a more upright seating position with plenty of room for a pillion should you feel the urge to go two up, admittedly the styling isn't to everyone's taste, beauty is in the eye of the beholder n'all that. Suspension leaves a little to be desired but 30 odd years in the saddle allow me to ride around its shortfalls, I've ridden better, ave also ridden a lot worse, just set it up properly and don't expect to get yer knee down any time soon, it corners well enough considering the budget spec. Brakes are the same although the rear brake is somewhat overkill locking up very easily and as with most bikes (and not just the budget ones either) the brakes will soon spit their dummy out should you neglect to clean/service them. Reliability isn't an issue with these motors, tried/tested and pretty much bombproof given an annual service, a regular oil/filter change, air filter, plugs, fuel filter and don't forget to check the tappet gaps every couple of years and only a complete idiot could destroy one. I've noticed that rear tyres are becoming difficult to get at reasonable prices these days though, the 150/70-17 is a bit of a throwback to the 90's but can be brought up to date with a mere swap from 150/70 to 160/60 with loosing to much accuracy with the speedometer, same 4.5 inch-160/60 wheel/tyre combination as the more up to date SV650's but you'll loose a couple of mph at around the tonne mark so baring in mind our national speed limit is 70 it'll make little odds. All in all, if your on a budget and/or yer too old to be shoehorned onto a little jap 600 all head down/r'se up then just maybe the GSX750F is the bike you've been looking for, just remember though, it is budget spec but it's more than capable of putting on a good show. One final piece of advice, DON'T get the 600, the 750 won't cost you much more to either buy or insure, however if the 600's specs are anything to go by it'll likely leave you a little disappointed I suspect.

“HELLO ALL IN 2018 I BOUGHT A SUZUKI GSX750F 1998 CAT-C...”

written by Johnstonjp78 on 27/01/2021

HELLO ALL IN 2018 I BOUGHT A SUZUKI GSX750F 1998 CAT-C OFF EBAY WITCH I HAD IT DELIVERED TO MY HOME AND MY FIRST THOUGHTS WERE WHAT HAVE I BOUGHT HERE THE FRAME AND LOOKS ARE UGLY AND IT'S HEAVY. SO I SPENT A LODE OFF MONEY ON IT TO GET IT BACK ON THE ROAD I REBUILD IT GROUND UP. AFTER GETTING IT THROW A M.O.T TAX AND INSURANCE IT I TOOK IT OUT FOR A LONG RIDE AND MY FIRST THOUGHTS IS THE SEAT IS VERY COMFORABLE GO THROW GEARS SMOOTHLY BRAKES FEEL GOOD PETROL TANK IS A FAR SIZE WOULD LAST ME A WEEK GOING TO WORK THROTTLE RESPONSE IS GOOD FOR A TOURING BIKE. UNFORTUNATELY I HAD TO SELL MY BIKE I WAS GUTTED I HAD TO LET IT GO. 4 YEARS DOWNL THE LINE 2021 I'VE BOUGHT ANOTHER SUZUKI GSX750F 2006 BECAUSE I THOROUGHLY LOVE THE RIDE AND THE COMFORT FROME THE BIKE I'M NOT LOOKING FOR A HAYABUSA A GO FAST BIKE JUST SOMETHING TO ENJOY FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE CRUISE CONTROL ON REALY ENJOYED IT. I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THE 2020 GSXF MODELS DON'T LOOK MUCH OF A BIKE LOOK'S MORE LIKE A 50CC THAT A 750CC

“basher b ”

written by KaelynAbernathy103 on 02/10/2014

k3 gsxr 750 12,000 miles never been on track never been stripped down serviced regular balance weight on crankshaft has come loose my son bought this from main dealer started making a noise 3 days before we was setting off for our yearly trip to catalunya for the moto gp it would not of made the trip this is not a service part quite the contrary you cannot access this part of the crankshaft be nice to know if any garage,owners have had the same oroblem

“3 years on ”

written by gsx750f on 23/09/2014

Update, I still have the Gsx 750f and can report that it has never let me down in anyway. I've put a few thousand miles on it now and still enjoy riding it. Last year I got myself a 94-97 Honda VFR 750 but I wont review that here however, The GSX f seems slightly heavier at slower speeds but that's about it. I have a real soft spot for this bike. I use it as a second back up vehicle so its taxed all year round. If ever I have trouble with my car then this machine will get me my shopping and more. If I am going on a few hundred miles ride then I will be certain to use the GSX f. Simply for it's comfort and basic engineered construction. If something were to go wrong I'd feel more confident in finding the problem and fixing it. Try do that on a new fuel injected complex machine. People who ride these bikes seem pleasant happy people to me who feel they don't need to show off. The mere fact of knowing it has power means you don't have to use it all the time but if you did want to open it up its there. For the price you can get one, you cant go wrong. I think when you see them with a rider on bored they seem a good size and the rider never looks bigger that the bike.

“3 years on ”

written by gsx750f on 23/09/2014

“update,”

written by HectorFranklin on 14/09/2014

Had the bike now another year and treated it to a tune up. Fitted a DANMOTO exhaust (under £80) with a jet kit,K&N filter as well as a 5 degree ignition advancer all of which came via the USA....the result was superb.Loads more low down power as well as the sweetest sound you can buy for under 80 quid,link pipe included. Also fitted a jack up kit for the rear to raise ride height 40mm and along with some sticky Power 1 tyres from michelin it was time for a trackday! Always trackday,d sports bikes in the past but the F had no problems ,none atal. Handled as good as anything else,brakes never faded and pulled up the weight nicely,engine now with enough power on the straights to outgun a few 600 sports bikes(just) and keep with most other kit too. Was thinking of getting a ZX9R,but i am enjoying this bike so much that for now i,m not bothering.does everything ,some good,some very good but nothing badly.

“Comfortable, Reliable, ”

written by teamamericaphuckyeah on 24/09/2013

I own a 2005 750f. I bought her 5 years ago with 1,300 miles on the clock. Now she has done 93,500 miles she is still going strong. I have been using her as a commuter and she has never let me down once. Cruising at 60 mph at 4,250 rpm she will do 230 miles to a tank. Very comfortable although a little heavy through town. The engine is bulletproof or I would say bombproof as I have not any engine work done apart from the spark plugs done at 85,000 miles. Oil changed every 6-8000 miles if I can afford it. Tyres are Avon Storm currently on 10,000 miles. Most bombproof bike ever!!! Cosmetically watch exhaust and rear brake caliper they are prone to rust and seizing...Most definatley buy another one

“"Gibbons Arse"”

written by mikeheaney on 28/08/2013

reg GSX750F bought late 2011 had 11000 miles on the clock cost me £1300. They seem to have a poor image. Your basically get a VFR for half the price. Wasn't going to keep it but they tick many boxes, now done 17000 miles. Long wheelbase makes touring comfortable, they are reliable, easy to work on, the centre stand makes chain adjustment, cleaning, greasing, a five minute job. Easy on tyres, just replaced 2 for the MOT, weren't new at 11000 miles. Plenty of power if you want it, seems ok on fuel, I get about 180 miles on a full tank. The sports tourer is a class that seems to being replaced by the adventure bike. I like that sporty feel but on a bike you can ride all day without too much discomfort, sitting bolt upright and peering over hedgerows is not for me. Would quiet happily take it round Europe, no worries. Perfect for motorcycling on a budget, if you got lots of dosh and worried about image and what your mates think, don't get one of these.

“Dark horse”

written by on 07/08/2013

I have had quite a few bikes over the years,mostly sports machines of the 900...600 ,RRRR ,ninja, thrash metal ,im guna rip out your spine and thrash you with it type of affair. Make no mistake,they have been good good machines but if i was honest and without man pridei would say that for me (and maybe for most of us) they are probably braver than we are. So,a revalation...enter the GSX 750F. I got this bike as it was a box ticker and it was buget driven.Cheap to buy ,mainly down to image which i think is its trump card but far more capable than most think.Cheap to insure at a hundred pounds fully comp with a lapsed no claims discount.At 6 feet 5 it fits me like a glove having a big bike feel to it...it gets better and better. Has plenty of power and will keep up with the sports thrash metal on the sunday parade without any problems atal(honest) you just have to stir the box a bit but its a sweet box to stir. The handling is very safe and the suspention does not feel budget.I took mine to the highlands with my bro in law on his ST4 Ducati and was never left wanting.Tank range is 110 to 120 thrashed but more like 150 to 160 when ridden normal.Top speed? kinda irelavant but you will see a 5 and a zero in the figure. If you want a do anything machine that will cost you peanuts,surprise you with what 93bhp can do and re-sell for the same cash then look no further.It is a discovery that im sure most will be happy with.

“odd meter reset”

written by on 05/05/2013

My bike is having 99999km, I was expecting it turn to 0km.However it stopped at 99999km.Does anyone know how to fix it?

“sve na suzi je na svom mjestu. raduje me najvise...”

written by on 18/07/2012

sve na suzi je na svom mjestu. raduje me najvise potrosnja u ova krizna vremena

“Better than expected”

written by delsmum on 20/04/2012

My son will turn 40 in May so has bought the bigger version of this bike as a mid life crisis must have. I bought this model for his desk top at work and was amazed at the quality and detail of this model, it was much bigger than expected as I could not work out the scale being an old pensioner!!! Also the speed at which it was delivered was brilliant (although we were in, but postie could,nt get it through letter box, and had to go to general post office to pick up. I am well impressed with minimodels and would not hesitate to recommend in future and will be ordering again should the need arise. Well done and thank you.

“Suzuki GSX750F - Recommended”

written by Ginnes on 18/01/2012

I have an Australian spec 1994 Suzuki GSX750F with over 80000km on the clock now. In 6 years and 30000km of ownership it has never let me down once. My mechanic (who services the bike each year and also does its safety test - like the UK's MOT) tells me that these motors and frames are bullet proof. It uses no oil, is easy on tyres and easily keeps up with more sporty bikes. It's weight is noticeable if you try to push it too hard, but who can sustain that sort of riding on our overcrowded roads anyway? Finally, the Mrs gets a comfy ride on the back on a decent seat, with foot-pegs in a realistic place. If you are looking for a good reliable comfortable ride, this is a definitely a bike to consider.

“My Teapot”

written by Brett.Kiwi on 12/11/2011

I bought my GSXF750 about five years ago as my first

“gsx750f”

written by on 08/11/2011

Hi all I hope you find this review useful . I have had my GSX750F for about a year which I rode back to London from Wales. The weather was raining and windy but the fairing did a good job of keeping the worst off the rain and wind around me.  I felt nothing on the legs and even the feet were shielded by the fairing. The light was good and I had no trouble seeing a good distance ahead. Now that I am used to it I like it even more as it is a great road bike. It's comfortable and sensible. I can get 170 miles to a tank if riding it gently . If you want to use its power it is there to hand  . I can not see myself changing this bike for anything faster. There is plenty of power there with its smooth gearbox. I did a lot of research before buying this bike and know a fair bit about engines in general so I wanted something easy to fix and cheap to maintain and this was it.  It's nice to know that these bike basically have a old detuned gsxr 750 engine. Reliable and strong which is air and oil cooled.  Any job regarding the engine such as servicing requires you to remove the fairing panels. This is very easy and take no longer then 15 mins both sides.  My fairing is always being removed and replaced even just for cleaning.   Right then handling is ok.  It will go round bends ok but I have never pushed it to that limit. The brakes are basic and easy to maintain and cheaper for replacement parts then other bikes. .It was a pleasure working on it when doing a complete strip down clean and rebuild on the brakes. A very easy job. The brakes are basic but do the job. Looks, I think its a nice looking bike with maybe a few lines I would prefer to change but it still looks like a nice bike.  I don't particularly the R1s or R6s, too small and hardly any room for luggage. If you keep this bike outside look after the frame near the rear  foot rest and stand attaching areas as it will rust but nothing major. The frame is pretty heavy duty but don't neglect it.   The rear swing arm was rusty but after removing it and a bit of treatment and a coat of paint its now fine. Easy job including removal of rear shock.   So in all if you want a good road bike for less money that won't eat your money then this is it. If you want want every one else has that's fashionable and uncomfortable then get a race bike. This bike is not as light as a race bike so its a bit odd to compare with them. It's great for the road though.   I got mine for £1000 which was worth the day out to collect.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 15/01/2012

Thanks for your report , I love mine too . Put Dan Moto pipe on and taken 20 kg of her and she hamers

Gsx750F's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2014

Suzisteve's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2012

Yep, they're a great bike. I've owned mine for 7 years and have no plans to change it yet. I did the entire coast of the UK with no trouble and shortly off to France for a touring holiday there too. I regulary tour the Highlands of Scotland and this bike just loves the twisties. Has cost me nothing over the years, just service parts. which if you do it yourself, as I do, is practically nothing. Keeps up with the bigger machines on rides out and I get 200 miles to a tank, down to 180 when thrashing it. Brakes are more than basic. They out-perform my mates Hayabusa, but they are known for bad brakes. With the right tyres, twisties can be pushed all the way to the footrest with no problem. I used Michelin pilot road 2.

“Smile on my face”

written by on 19/07/2011

Past my test about 3 years ago and bought a 2001 Kawasaki GPZ 1100 as my first bike.It was a big old thing but could still move a bit.Had it for 2 years then didn't bother with a bike for the last 12 months.Then while driving through town last sunday i saw a 2000 Suzuki GSX 750F for sale for £1,250 that looked in really good condition.The bike had 28.000 miles on the clock but had loads of service history.I went with my gut feeling and paid the guy £1200 and picked the bike up today(Tuesday).I know it's early days but i'm well pleased,it goes like a dream and is so much smoother and easier to ride than the GPZ and can really move along if i want it to.A bike that really puts a smile on your face. Fred.

Zorro32's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2011

Hi Fred,
Can you please compare a bit more on those two bikes (GPZ1100 vs GSX750F) as you have used both of them. Right now I am looking for mid size sport touring bike and those two bikes are one of my options.
Thanks!

Thanks!
Karl

“gsx750fx ”

written by Andrewhesketh on 09/06/2011

hi every one just got a gsx750f for £1200 from york rode it home through very heavy rain a it didnt cough or splutter 1 jot this is an excellent bike and i would recomend it to anyone the good thing is when you are riding it you easly forget that its 200kg dry it feels light

“GSX750F review ”

written by Kingwaz on 27/05/2011

Great bike, I bought it as my first bike prior to passing my test. It needed a few things doing but it was cheap £750! Very easy to work on, build quality seems very good and no real signs of corrosion and for a 13 year old Suzuki thats very good. This bike is a real eye opener, it is turbine smooth and certainly goes well and will get you to the naughty side of 100mph quickly and puts a huge grin on your face. It is a heavy bike but very stable, wind protection is excellent. The only problem with mine is during cornering and leaning in, this is due to the flat spotted rear tyre and almost certainly will be transformed once tyres are replaced. The rear tyre does look a bit skinny compared to modern bikes though. The headlights are excellent and give really good vision at night. Plenty of underseat storage and a centre stand too! This helps with chain maintenance. Overall im very happy and don't pay too much attention to some biker snobs who look down their nose at it due to the looks, it's of its time and is a great bike, I love mine.

“I bought my Suzuki GSX750F a year and a half ago and...”

written by on 03/04/2011

I bought my Suzuki GSX750F a year and a half ago and have enjoyed every minute. I bought it as my first bike, so cant compare it to anything else, but for something with just under 100bhp and only insurance group 12, its brilliant.

At the same time, a mate bought a Honda CBR600F. Not only does mine appear quicker (once travelling - similar 0-60), but its more comfortable, has far better wind protection and does more miles to the gallon. And its two groups less on the insurance !

As others have said, its not the lightest bike in the world, but overall, Im glad I bought it and would definately recommend it to others, especially at the price that these go for. I searched longa and hard for something with decent power, decent handling and cheap insurnace. I couldnt find anything else that came close and left you change in your pocket from £2000

“Good points: too many to list ”

written by on 01/03/2011

Good points: too many to list
Bad points: quite heavy, suffers a little from neglect
What a bike. If you're considering getting one, do it as you won't be disappointed and will probably be quite surprised once you are familiar with it. I bought mine with 13 miles on it after getting rid of a clapped out XJ600. I now have 38000 miles on it and it's still going strong. My 2000 (Y plate) GSX750F has been used for long journeys, commuting to London. I've had it on a track keeping up with a GSXR750 (up to around 100mph) - although that's probably more down to knowing exactly what it will do and when. The top end was around 140mph.
This bike won't do anything silly or unexpected to you but if you get the revs to around 5000-7000 it won't disappoint you (on road or track). It's not as quick as sports bikes but it's far more comfortable than a sports bike, has more equipment as standard and has far better fuel economy. Typically, I get around 150 miles per tank. If you ride it hard, that will drop to around 120 but these aren't really the sort of bike you're going to ride hard every time you go out.
Despite being a little on the heavy side, they do handle well (not brilliantly but well enough). On bumpy roads they do bounce a little but I have never fiddled with the suspension setup so that may change things a little.
I have ridden for 4 hours straight and got off only slightly stiff (it was very cold that day) but nothing to complain about really. Show me a car where you don't get stiff in after 4 hours... I've also used it for commuting approx 40 miles each way into London. It filters through traffic with the NTVs without problems and then begs to be wound up when you hit the NSL sign on the M4. Provided you keep it moving (learn to use the back brake properly), it's really nice and quick to manoeuvre. Not as flicky as a sports bike but see my previous comments on that.
I have had to replace the starter motor after one burnt out. That was awkward as you have to take the entire front fairing off to remove the fuel tank to get to the screws holding the starter in place. I have also had to have 3 new batteries - although that has probably been to long periods of not being used in recent years.
I also had problems replacing the rear brake pads. The pins that hold the pads in place were stuck solid and wouldn't budge, even after heated up (remove the calliper before hand!!). Instead, I had to get the back side of the calliper drilled through so the pins could be drifted out. Then a little blob of weld to cover the holes back up afterwards.
In short, the problems I have had have been down to neglect really - which isn't a great way to treat a bike that deserves such respect.
Servicing and working them is easy although you'll need a fancy oil filter tool if you want to save yourself lots of cursing and swearing.
Fitting a scotoiler means I have got around 14000 miles per chain (yes, that's correct, honestly!). Tyres are around 8000 miles.
In summary, a really great bike for not a great deal of money. Thankfully the biking press is listening to the owners about these bikes now and don't give them such an ill deserved slating that they used to get - just because they 'look ugly'
I'm getting a Fazer next as I want a larger capacity bike but will be keeping my GSXF as I can't face seeing it go. I will probably give it some TLC and get it gleaming again.

Asked by Mariobaker on 31st January 2015 Report this content
I have a 2002 GSX750F drag bike. I was just wondering has anyone tried to install an 1100 motor in a 750 frame? Cheers.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site