Marshall VS265 Reviews

Marshall VS265 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Marshall VS265

Marshall VS265
Marshall VS265

“Had a couple of amps over the years from el cheapo's...”

Written on: 02/01/2011

Had a couple of amps over the years from el cheapo's to the better stuff. Had a Line 6 Spider before the Marshall and it did not do the job very well. Jup, It was loud but lacked "byte" and sounded euh....digital to say the least. Marshall did his homework on this amp. Sounds warm and analog. It covers the whole spectrum of sound from clean to mindblowing distortion. Chorus is indeed as it should be again warm. Routing of the different signals is more than average being able to mix in external FX true send and return making it even more flexible. You can ad an extra 2x12 cabinet for extra punch but you dont need to. This amp does not look "big" but the sound is. In the end that's all that matters.

“Ease of use. Form and function are flawless. Great...”

Written on: 31/10/2008

Ease of use. Form and function are flawless. Great overall amp. The louder a person turns it up the better it sounds. The onboard chorus is phenomenal! I would have loved to have a full stack with this head type.

“I love this amp, it's my first big Marshall and it...”

Written on: 28/07/2008

I love this amp, it's my first big Marshall and it owns it's great for small gigs and with the pedal it's everything you need. The valvestate gives it a great sound. Fair enough a full valve would be better but who cares because when you play into something like this you're going to get get a great sound.

“This is by far the best sounding amp I have played for...”

Written on: 17/07/2007 by cdiment (2 reviews written)

This is by far the best sounding amp I have played for years. It delivers excellent sound quality with all the punch required for gigging. The Valvestate VS265 has the sound from the 60s but the Technical expertise from today.

“I am very pleased with my Marshall VS265 guitar amp....”

Written on: 11/01/2006 by EddyEddyEddy (2 reviews written)

I am very pleased with my Marshall VS265 guitar amp. It stands up well even against my Marshall JMC900.

I have been playing on and off for just over 11 years, and this is one of the most versatile pieces of kit I have owned. It sounds very good, punchy and clear, is able to produce some great raw tone whether using a clean or distorted sound. The 12ax7 valve in the preamp stage helps to give it a lovely chunky warm tone that the tube amps of the 60's were famous for, and of course, and it looks great as it's a Marshall.

I use it for many different styles of music; Blues, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Ska, and even a bit of Thrash. It always performs well, and in 4 years of gigging, it has had no breakdowns what-so-ever.

If you are looking for good tone but cannot be bothered with the cost, maintenance and general hassle that comes with a full tube amp, I advise you look out for one of these!