Co-operative Bank Mortgage Reviews

Co-operative Bank Mortgage - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Co-operative Bank Mortgage

Co-operative Bank Mortgage
Co-operative Bank Mortgage

“Dreadful Intimidating Unprofessional ”

Written on: 03/05/2022 by Davismo203 (1 review written)

I underpaid less than half my mortgage payment in January due to getting a new boiler being installed through an Interest free loan. Since then I have been hounded with letters, texts and phone calls. The amount that I was short in my January payment is £299! Today again I have been speaking to them and the call was 1hr and 15mins. They are not trying to help at all and have no intention of resolving the matter, instead use repetitive uncaring and condescending scripts they are trained to… Read Full Review

“Very uncaring staff ”

Written on: 25/04/2022 by Gleasonqd273 (1 review written)

I have fallen behind be four months payments due to tesco closing there bank accounts wile I was away working. I also lost my partne in Nov 2020 to cancer so should of contacted them sooner but it was Christmas 2021 they closed my bank acc my first Christmas without my partner so wasn't in a very good place. But this company could not care less I'm now loosing my home I've lived in for over 25 years. Staff could not careless horrible company… Read Full Review

“No help for poorly elderly man with dementia”

Written on: 24/03/2022 by StevenDuggan (1 review written)

I write this review on behalf of a I'll friend. He took out a mortgage with this company and when he became I'll they did not want to know. We had the money ready to pay the mortgage off in in full but every month they wanted something different. I wrote them a letter, then they wanted 3 party constants. I did this and they said it had to be on their paper, I did this then I wanted verification I had not changed my name etc. And it went on and on. We sent a doctors report because they asked for… Read Full Review

“Platform - Porting Mortgage and Early Redemption Penalty.”

Written on: 14/01/2022 by Santinox31 (1 review written)

I have been trying to find reviews/feedback about platform mortgages, especially porting a across mortgages. Last year we decided to take advantage of the stamp duty holiday and move houses, we tried porting across our montage with platform but due to the very long wait times we decided to go with a new lender so that we don't loose our buyer and the house were were purchasing. Since then we have made a complaint to the financial ombudsmen who have basically said platform have not legally… Read Full Review

“Additional borrowing application ”

Written on: 26/12/2021 by Bluehippo2 (1 review written)

Without doubt the worst company for Customer Service that I have ever dealt with. Desperately short staffed, miss their own deadlines, lose your documentation and when you complain they lie about what was said on previous phone calls, quoting all kinds of rubbish. Young lads answering the phone who just don’t want to be there full stop, just earning beer money. Avoid this company whatever you do… Read Full Review

“Avoid Platform like the plague”

Written on: 01/12/2021 by Tainer (1 review written)

Platform mortgages provide a disturbingly shocking service. This company go to quite extreme lengths to stop you from contacting them. They hide their email addresses so that you can only contact by Fax, letter or phone. No one owns a fax machine anymore and like most people I do not own a printer! They ensure that you cannot contact them by phone with some of the most extreme hold times I've ever come across. You will literally never get through no matter what day you try. Your only option is… Read Full Review

“DON'T USE PLATFORM FOR MORTGAGE!!! ”

Written on: 22/10/2021 by rjGreen45 (1 review written)

My sons mortgage advisor applied to platform for a 5 year fixed as first time buyer. His credit score is excellent and I gifted him 30% of his deposit while he added 10% from his savings. Platform kept coming back after agreed in principal for more and more info which we supplied and everything was above board 100%.After weeks of back and forth he was yesterday declined. 24 year old, worked full time since he left school at 16, monthly mortgage payment was 26% of his take home pay. This company… Read Full Review

“Very Poor Service which Cost Us the House”

Written on: 28/09/2021 by O'Donnell1970 (1 review written)

Exceedingly poor service, pitiful communication, ridiculous questions plus overly long response times meant we lost the property we were interested in. Never again!… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE PLATFORM MORTGAGES”

Written on: 07/09/2021 by 1946Moore (1 review written)

Do not use platform for porting your mortgage, the amount of stress and upset we have had to deal with throughout has been apalling! We are nearly 5 months down the line and still have to wait another 8/10weeks for it be processed. If we stay with them we will loose both our buyer and the property we are purchasing. So we now unfortunately we have to bite the bullet and pay our £2000 repayment charge, which i was very reluctant to do so. Every time you call you can not speak to the… Read Full Review

Jl123789's Comment

Hi,

Since then we have made a complaint to the financial ombudsmen who have basically said platform have not legally broken the contract as such we loose the 5k. We are planning to appeal but wanted to understand what others in similar circumstances have done.

It seems rather unfair as new customers have mortgages approved in 4 weeks but existing customer seem to take up to 5/6 months.

Be interested to hear if you pursued a complaint with the financial ombudsmen and what the outcome has been?

Read 1 Comment

“Don't waste your time and energy on this abismal company”

Written on: 07/09/2021 by James111150 (1 review written)

Absolutely disgusted with how long our Porting of a Mortgage has taken. We are currently onto week 17 (starting 14th may) from our initial contact and we still haven't received an offer. The communication from this company is disgustingly poor. Occasion after occasion they have failed to contact us, or if we have missed one phone call (which we had a 10day period to hopefully answer) their response is that they will call back in another 10 days and hope that time you can answer. The delays are… Read Full Review

Jl123789's Response to James111150's Review

Written on: 14/01/2022

Hi, I have been trying to find reviews/feedback about platform mortgages, especially porting a across mortgages. We have had a similar situation as you have described. Last year we decided to take advantage of the stamp duty holiday and move houses, we tried porting across our montage with platform but due to the very long wait times we decided to sacrifice our early redemption penalty so that we don't loose out buyer and the house were were purchasing.

Since then we have made a complaint to the financial ombudsmen who have basically said platform have not legally broken the contract as such we loose the 5k ERC. We are planning to appeal but wanted to understand what others in similar circumstances have done.

Read 1 Comment

“DO NOT GO WITH PLATFORM”

Written on: 02/09/2021 by CL1991 (1 review written)

Please DO NOT GO WITH PLATFORM the stress, upset and worry with my porting application has been awful and is just getting worse by the day.  I wish I had never gone with them in the first place.  I was told that the porting application was a 10 to 12 weeks process (which in itself is a ridiculously long time for a mortgage application) and now nearly 5 months on I still haven’t got the application documentation which is holding up the whole chain and the time frames just keep getting longer… Read Full Review

Cs1994's Response to CL1991's Review

Written on: 07/09/2021

We are having the exact same issue, we are 4.5 months down the line and are being told it is still going to take another 8 weeks. WE are loosing both our buyer and the property we are buying because of them. They take no accountability, responsibility or care in the world. They are a disgusting! Where as i can get a new mortgage with Halifax in 10 working days, start to finish!

Cl1991's reply to Cs1994's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2021

I honestly can't believe how awful they are - and how they can take this long when as you say other providers can literally give you an offer in a couple of weeks! I'm keeping everything crossed for you though and just so sorry you're going through this too

Jl123789's Response to CL1991's Review

Read 3 Comments

“Terrible experience porting mortgage ”

Written on: 29/06/2021 by Thorntonxa1953 (1 review written)

Trying to port mortgage. Initial calls just to start the process were 'any time in the next 10 working days' if you missed the call 3 times, back to the bottom of thr queue. Not ideal when you are working. Call actually took 12 working days. Finally spoke to mortgage adviser... Illustration came though incorrect. Called through everyday for 4 days until someone finally spoke to me there and then rather than fobbing me off with someone will call you in 10 working days. 2 weeks later the… Read Full Review

“Difficult to review without using expletives !”

Written on: 21/06/2021 by WHEATERSIOW (1 review written)

I had 4 int only mortgages with them and paid off 3 of them. I asked them to extend the remaining one by 5 years because I was unable to sell it due to a criminal Freeholder. They agreed to extend it on 5 year repayment with monthly repayments 10 times what I was paying. I am a pensioner on a limited income. I have been an A1 customer. They haven’t replied to my request and try to phone me using an incorrect number. Despite me telling them it’s wrong they keep using the wrong number. After… Read Full Review

“Awful Service from Platform Mortgage”

Written on: 13/05/2021 by ajKelley363 (1 review written)

I am writing this review to hopefully prevent other people going through the severe stress and anxiety myself and my partner experienced for months and months with Platform mortgage. All we wanted to do was to Port our mortgage-simply add on a higher amount to our existing mortgage so we could purchase a bigger property. The first time I approached Platform about this, they said we will have to book a call with you initially to discuss your porting package and then another call to do… Read Full Review

“Stallers -.Shocking Service”

Written on: 29/02/2020 by CraigShellard18 (1 review written)

My new lender has been asking for redemption figures for 3 weeks. They keep sending the email withbthe final page missing that has the figure on. Shocking service from Platform please give these guys a very wide birth, all reviews say the same thing...... Are these delay tactics in the hope my date lapses and the mortgage goes to SVR therefore costing me more cash..!!… Read Full Review

“Abysmal service”

Written on: 30/11/2017 by 388McLaughlin (1 review written)

This company are slow at everything!! They sit on everything and points of clarification for weeks at a time. My case handler was particularly incompetent and basically accused me of dishonesty in my application. Other than the £250 cash back they provide, they offer nothing. Shop elsewhere… Read Full Review

“Delay after delay after delay!”

Written on: 17/11/2017 by JohnC1972 (1 review written)

I wish I had read the reviews, especially the one from Gregoryaf159 above. They seem incapable of asking for all the required documentation at once, just when you think they have everything they ask for something else, but what got me was their insinuations of dishonesty on my part. They said I could be renting the property out while I work away one or two nights per week!! I am a Home worker, but I do not run my own business. I am an employee who has a base office 300 miles from my home… Read Full Review

“Platform Mortgage is the biggest joke of a company!”

Written on: 27/06/2017 by Gregoryaf159 (1 review written)

recommended by a broker and got DIP for over 200k mortgage but once making the actual application it took almost 1 month with endless back and fro with questions and answers on every income/expenditure on my bank statements and ask why I transfer money between 2 of my bank accounts (saving accounts/high interest acc). After all the grieve of extra documents/statements and answer they finally gave us an offer of almost just 1/2 from the DIP! What a joke will never waste my time with them… Read Full Review

“Awful experience - conically bad experience ”

Written on: 31/05/2017 by Jordint240 (1 review written)

We were recommended Platform by our broker and the good fixed rates offered seemed positive. (Ever thought something seems really good, then have so much hassle you wish you paid more?) For the remortgage process, it took over 3 months, shocking, I know. But without the detail that could sound like me over exaggerating to make a point. I'm not. We gave them upfront all the information they asked for and we wanted to get the process underway asap as we were soon to go on to a variable rate with… Read Full Review

“Cooperrative (Pllatform) Diabolical”

Written on: 11/05/2017 by deHarrison261 (1 review written)

Sufficeto say my brother in law's house has been put in the hands of receivers because of Platforms's inflexible, incompetent , misinformative chaotic, stoneage proceedures and staff… Read Full Review