Archos AV500 DVR Reviews

Archos AV500 DVR - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Archos AV500 DVR

Archos AV500 DVR
Archos AV500 DVR

“I like my Archos. Its great.”

Written on: 27/10/2008 by damaxta (1 review written)

I like my Archos. Its great.

What I dont like, is the Archos company.

This unit does not act like a true DVR, but if you have converted, ripped files; they will play fine, but don't rely on it to record anything! Even via an attached camera!!

Also, Archos have discontinued the camera designed for the device; so there is no option to use that either.

For playing videos, playing music, storing files; great. As a recording device, very poor!… Read Full Review

“The Archos AV500 DVR is an excellent MP3/4 player!...”

Written on: 19/05/2008 by ThomasHefford (1 review written)

The Archos AV500 DVR is an excellent MP3/4 player! have owned for 2 years now, had two problems. Screen has shifted around a bit - but it sorted itself out! and the charger broke, but other than that, an impeccable machine. the button layout is very ergonomic, and you even have a remote control!! show me an iPod with a remote control.

Compared to Apple, I have seen that the Archos have better screens in general, larger screens, may not be quite so dumbproof to use, but still very easy! it acts… Read Full Review

“Good idea to buy a Archos AV500 especially if you are...”

Written on: 01/06/2006 by raph (1 review written)

Good idea to buy a Archos AV500 especially if you are going for a long journey somewhere and would like to be entertained. Has long battery life for taking on trips. You can connect your camera to it and download all your pictures without any fuss. You can also now buy the mini cam and attach it to anything whilst capturing pictures and video clips at DVD quality and watch them on TV. I would recommend it… Read Full Review

“The Archos AV500 DVR portable DVD player is simply the...”

Written on: 08/05/2006 by PrahaB (1 review written)

The Archos AV500 DVR portable DVD player is simply the best purchase I've ever made! It does everything I can hope for. I bought the 100GB version, and it's certainly come in handy, as I used it to record a lot of the NCAA basketball tournaments, as I was not home to watch it. I simply scheduled the recording times and left my digital box on, and it recorded every minute. Now I'm able to transfer it onto the computer and edit as I please.

I have to say anyone that ever sees this baby in… Read Full Review

“I also purchased my Archos AV500 DVR portable MP4 and...”

Written on: 21/01/2006 by kerofish (1 review written)

I also purchased my Archos AV500 DVR portable MP4 and DVD player for £299, which is great value, although I would have bought it at £1,000,000 because this is the best gadget I have ever owned.

I was set on buying the PMP 120 from the internet, but as I was walking around my local centre, I found this one was much better, as this could record off the TV… Read Full Review

“I have just got the 60GB Archos AV500 DVR portable DVD...”

Written on: 28/12/2005 by mgm (6 reviews written)

I have just got the 60GB Archos AV500 DVR portable DVD player for £299 on sale, which was £150 off the retail price.

This is a terrific piece of kit. I can can fill it with movies via my Mac. You need to convert them first into AVI movie files. You can use a programme called Handbrake on the mac to do this.

It has lots of storage space for MP3 music, digital pictures, or even video. I can use it as an extra hard drive for my laptop, and even use it to record from the TV.

Encoding AVI… Read Full Review

Mgm's Response to mgm's Review

Written on: 25/08/2006

still going strong no problems great bit of kit..have over 50 films on it.

Read 1 Comment