McVities Digestive Biscuits Reviews

McVities Digestive Biscuits
McVities Digestive Biscuits

“Cardboard”

Written on: 09/02/2022

Biscuits, cake, puddings, sweet spreads for toast - these are all treats, not everyday food. Or used to be... The No Sugar, No Salt, No Animal Fat Brigade has now made everything completely tasteless. You might as well eat cardboard - even less calories!!! BUT we do get lots and lots of lovely palm oil and palm fat -yippee... oh, yes - and artificial sweeteners.

“Biscuits OK, Packaging Is Terrible”

Written on: 08/01/2022 by bnCrouch206 (1 review written)

I purchased a packet of Mc Vities Digestives last week. Noticed the different 'loose' packaging but thought nothing of it. Opened the biscuits a couple of days later.., every single one was soft although I could see no sign of damage to the packet itself. I did check. Yesterday I went to a big superstore, bought a double pack of McVities Digestives. I hoped the 2nd layer of packaging would protect the biscuits. I placed them straight in my shopping trolley, they suffered no knocks. When I was back home, I found the outer packaging was whole. I could feel a slighty crumblyness to the top of one of the packets. I took the packet out, it was split at the seam in the middle. There were a lot more broken biscuits than I expected. I decided to put the biscuits in an airtight storage container to keep them crisp. As I did this, I found over half of the biscuits were broken, many of them were just crumbs. The loose packaging hadn't shown this when I just felt the package. The biscuits that were in bits big enough to eat were crisp though (at the time of opening). But I won't be buying them again. The durability of the new looser packaging both for single and double packets of McVities digestives has not been researched well. I never ever had lots of broken biscuits in the old smooth close fitting packaging, if any of them were broken or crumbled, you could easily tell. This needs to change. £2 completely wasted.

“digestive”

Written on: 31/12/2021 by Je-H (4 reviews written)

Good digestive biscuits with low calories.

“Cheap grainy and not an improvement”

Written on: 21/11/2021 by 384Sheehan (1 review written)

I thought they had mixed up their recipe with a cheap brand as that is how they taste now. I don't notice the sugar drop but the texture is all wrong. they are hard and grainy. Gone is the smooth biscuit that I could use not just with a cuppa but with savoury cheese snacks In fact these are no better that the cheap supermarket ones so I would be better saving my money and buying those if I want a digestive!!!!

“TERRIBLE”

Written on: 02/11/2021 by 98765432 (1 review written)

I purchased the McVities chocolate biscuits as I usually do. Will not be buying again. The change in recipe is not good for me at all. I could eat the original ones with no problem at all but not these … terrible stomach pains, irritable bowel and wind! I can only assume this has come from the artificial sweeteners being used! There needed to be a change of ingredients warning on these!

“#BRINGBACKOLDMCVITIESDIGESTIVE”

Written on: 09/05/2021 by Mainmademan (1 review written)

I first ate Mcvities digestive as an adolescent and It’s been 23 years now. I had a few good experiences and memories growing up and suffice to say that if there are 10 things on the list, Mcvities would be 4th or 5th . I was astonished the first I ate this biscuit. Everything was too perfect. When you open the pack and bring one biscuit out it leaves tiny crumbs like Doritos (not as heavy as Doritos just light crumbs) on your fingers and you would find shreds and tiny crumbs on the walls of the white wrap. Like I said this biscuit was one of the best things and remember there were very few good things that I experienced growing up. So I locked the memories and the joy of this biscuit somewhere in my mind as I hoped for the day when I would be all grown and could easily afford it. I always wondered how this biscuit made it to the streets where I grew up. When I had terrible days or was down, I would comfort myself with thoughts that when I eat Mcvities I’ll be fine. It’s very sad and disappointing how it tastes now. I noticed the change like 13-15 years ago. I started looking and searching every store around and beyond but it was same bad taste. I thought oh no people have started making the imitation and that what I was buying. So I stop buying it and hoped for the day I would be able to order it from the UK. I relocated to another country and I was able to order from the UK. Oh boy I was disappointed a 1000 times. I first ordered in 2017 and now May 2021. All the while I thought if I could only get it from the UK I would be getting the real thing and not the fake ones I was buying. After eating the UK ones and realized they are same as the “fake ones”, I’m now like when I visit the UK I will inquire what happened and why the changed it. Why did I order again this 2021? Because I felt like maybe they’ve gotten a lot of reviews and now decided to go back to the old taste. Whew!. There’s nothing anybody can tell me if they say “oh no it has changed, it’s still the same”. Every other thing I ate back then that I really loved hasn’t changed except this biscuit. I really wish Mcvities would bring back that good old taste. Even Mcvities Shortbread also changed but not to the level of Digestive. When I tell people about Mcvities and how GOOD it used to be, they see the passion and vexing disappointment, and all I wish for is if they could taste this biscuit then they would understand.Whatever the price is now, times it by 10, 20, 30, I will definitely buy it because this used to be by far the best biscuit in the world. Trust me I ate a lot of others. I’m sure I speak for a lot of people about not minding the price. Who knows maybe the owner of the original recipe passed away with it. And if not so, how did biscuit loving people in UK allow this? Mcvities got very mean damn!

“Quality Biscuits”

Written on: 07/05/2021 by Stefan_Flores (6 reviews written)

McVities Digestive Biscuits is best to eat and healthy. It is easy to digest and quality is superb. Price is reasonable. Worth the money. Recommended to friends. Happy customer.

“Healthy Biscuit”

Written on: 31/03/2021 by Nadvi (16 reviews written)

This Digestive Biscuit is a healthy biscuit as it contains more number of fibres. It is good to eat with tea or coffee and super taste. Less sugar.

“Best Biscuits”

Written on: 19/03/2021 by Serena_Poulsen (6 reviews written)

McVities Digestive Biscuits is best for daily eating. It is less sweet and contains high fiber. It is best for digesting. Quality and Quantity is excellent. Price is affordable. Recommended to friends.

“high fiber”

Written on: 23/02/2021 by AG13 (7 reviews written)

This high fiber digestive biscuit is the best choice for a breakfast with chai. It tastes delicious.

“If it aint broke don't fix it!”

Written on: 15/02/2021 by Aiden476 (1 review written)

All of mcvities biscuits now are tasteless. Every time i go back to try them they give me indigestion.

“Ruined”

Written on: 18/01/2021 by taDuffy85 (1 review written)

The new less sugar recipe has ruined a great product only to become inedible. My packets have been fed to the birds and even they are slow on the uptake. Think again a tasty product spoilt.

Alistair436's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2021

It’s stopped me from eating them which is good for me

Read 1 Comment

“Whole wheat”

Written on: 05/01/2021 by Sa-Evans (8 reviews written)

High fiber digestive biscuit made of whole wheat not Maida. Contains no sugar. Tastes great.

“Recipe change disaster.!”

Written on: 17/12/2020 by BryanKnowles (1 review written)

They are no longer digestives original, as they have changed the recipe. The biscuit is smaller thinner, crumbles & breaks easier & lost its distinctive flavour & taste, in fact tastes like an entirely different biscuit, worse than the cheaper alternatives available..Very disappointed in McVities, will never be buying this iconic biscuit again..Was my favourite for 50 years, how things have changed for the worst over those years..Very sad..

“Very sad where has my most favourite digestive biscuit...”

Written on: 15/12/2020 by CatyJane (1 review written)

It’s been a couple of months now since the best digestive biscuit on the market disappeared from the supermarket shelves. There’s something called the Original McVities Digestive for sale .... but it’s not.....they’ve changed the recipe and they taste terrible - cheap, stale and nasty. What patronising idiot makes these decisions? I can monitor my own salt, sugar and fat intake thank you. But the weeks have not been wasted. I’ve tried every brand in all the shops and supermarkets and bingo! I’ve found one that’s almost as good as my old favourite McVities Digestive. They’re called Lyons Digestive made by Burtons Biscuits, bought them I’m Farm Foods which mostly sell frozen foods and they were 400gr packs 3 pks for £1 - amazing! So goodbye McVities after many many years - I’m sure your sales must have plummeted, not because I ate loads anyway but because I can’t be the only one to be so disappointed in you taking something away I and many others enjoyed so much.

Bryanknowles's Response to CatyJane's Review

Written on: 17/12/2020

My thoughts exactly..McVities have changed ownership, now the new owners are destroying the company, what a shame/ sham....

Alistair436's Response to CatyJane's Review

Written on: 14/05/2021

Agree with all

Read 2 Comments

“Sad”

Written on: 21/11/2020 by janemilnemcallister (1 review written)

McVities what have you done to my favourite biscuit?... I had to check the name on packet as I thought I'd picked up some cheap copy. You've spoiled my biscuits.. Get back to original recipe please.. I'll not be buying again sorry..but you've ruined them.

“Wrong,wrong,wrong”

Written on: 15/11/2020 by Upsetfromdeal (1 review written)

Hate the change in recipe, has a strange “tang” when you eat them. Will finish eating( reluctantly) current stock then stop buying McVities. Shame as I have bought them for years

Missvw2009's Response to Upsetfromdeal's Review

Written on: 21/11/2020

Totally agree. They are disgusting! Taste like Farley's rusks yuk. Didn't like those when I was a year old and I certainly don't like them now so not happy to find digestives have copied the horrid recipe!!!

Read 1 Comment

“Tasteless”

Written on: 11/11/2020 by 331McLaughlin (1 review written)

The new recipe for McVities Digestive biscuit has ruined the taste. Will not buy them again now unless they change back to the old recipe so have to try another brand. What a pity!

“Tasty and Healthy Biscuit”

Written on: 31/10/2020 by Hanley_Paul (7 reviews written)

Best Digestive Biscuits. Quality is great. The price is reasonable. Helps in weight loss and keeps the body healthy. Taste is yummy and delicious. The flavor and texture of the biscuit are excellent. Recommended to friends and family.

“UNHEALTHY CALORIES”

Written on: 30/10/2020 by FrancescaMatthews (6 reviews written)

A digestive biscuit typically consists of a minimum of 50 calories. These are not healthy calories which will accelerate your weight loss. Rather these are calories that will hamper your weight loss and you wouldn't even know why!