Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker Reviews

Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker

“Utter Rubbish - Just like Jamie Oliver”

written by CallumDiaz on 12/07/2023

Fell to pieces every time I used it, avoid like the plague!!!

“Take care - dangerous!”

written by on 22/02/2013

This had been working well now for quite some time until today when crushing some peppercorns. It broke - the bottom fell off the heavy ball flew out and busted a dish in the sink. Absolutely your worst nightmare. This is dangerous and I would not recommend it to anyone. Buy a mortar and pestle - much safer. Funny now but not at the time.

“Seemed like a nice idea but - LEAKS”

written by on 20/11/2012

It has leaked at the seal from the first day I used it. It just would not tighten up enough to keep the oil in. It now has a crack top to bottom round the base so leaks so badly it can't be used. Fortunately it was a present so I'm not out of pocket. I certainly wouldn't have another. Screw top jam jar and pestle and mortar more than covers anything the shaker is suppose to do.

“Lugs break-off easily”

written by PhilBoz on 15/09/2011

The flavour shaker is a great idea let down by poor design of the screw attachment. If Jamie Oliver ever used one it was just the once, then it broke and he threw it away. I made stuffed squash (Minced beef in a rich sauce piled into a 'spacecraft' squash with the seeds removed. Make the filling (mince, onion, crushed pepper, salt, cumin, 'Apache' chili, etc)- cook 30 mins. Microwave the squash for 5 mins. Assemble, into the oven for an hour with garlic and rosemary. Wonderful). My wife found a shard of plastic in it from the shaker. Thought it was glass but luckily just the damn Flavour Shaker. It was a present so I don't know the retailer. Waiting for aresponse from the manufacturers. J.O's website doesn't encourage feedback so he may never know what poor stuff carries his name.

“I think the point behind the product was to mix pre...”

written by on 18/03/2008

I think the point behind the product was to mix pre -ground ingredients with lighter fresh ingredients i.e. coriander etc ...which is a valid point...use a pestel and mortar and you're fingers! Preferably at separate stages....

“I have gone through two of these, both broke were it...”

written by on 25/03/2010

I have gone through two of these, both broke were it screws together after three or four uses. very poor!
you would do better with a jam jar and lid.

“Now on my second Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker which has...”

written by Goode on 10/05/2009

Now on my second Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker which has been used only 5 times before the plastic has broken away from where it screws together. Returned the 1st shaker which was replaced, but the 2nd one, they are not interested in and told me to throw it away. In times of poor economic times, this is not good enough!

“I liked the Jamie Oliver Flavourshaker and it makes my...”

written by wellsfargo on 25/02/2009

I liked the Jamie Oliver Flavourshaker and it makes my food taste better than usual. I have never used a mortar and pestle and this is a great way to start making your food taste better by using fresh ingredients. Jamis is all for making everybody a good cook so i would say it is not meant for experienced cooks but for beginners wanting to improve. I am not so sure if it is value for money as it is not cheap but the ball has to be hard and plastic good quality. It appears that it is good quality and will not be breaking with use but it is just new for me and I love it.

“Found the Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker fiddly to use,...”

written by on 14/01/2009

Found the Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker fiddly to use, leaked, took ages to crush garlic. Much easier in my old pestle and morter

“Very disappointing. I don't find it a very useful...”

written by bwdesign on 12/02/2008

Very disappointing. I don't find it a very useful gadget. Broke apart first time using it, what a mess, doesn't grind seeds, too small, doesn't replace a pestle and mortar. I can't believe Jamie endorses this.

“It is a very good idea, I bought it in Morrisons for...”

written by on 11/02/2008

It is a very good idea, I bought it in Morrisons for £7.99p and it did not have a spoon included, but at that price i didnt really mind, And the recipies are really great.

“Mixes real well, works perfect for a bachelor thats...”

written by on 15/01/2008

Mixes real well, works perfect for a bachelor thats new to cooking. like it. Might glue the o-ring in place but it works pretty well, fun too. the o-ring that seals the liquid in the shaker falls out. You must make sure its in place right before you close it, it likes to jump out, i also tried to crush 3 cloves of garlic at once and it wouldn't do it... i guess it didn't leave enough room for the ball to move enough.

“I cannot beleive that Mr. Oliver would put his name to...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by studavies2 on 09/01/2008

I cannot beleive that Mr. Oliver would put his name to this item, and i doubt very much whether he uses it unless he's on TV trying to increase sales.

“This was a present which I expected to be very useful....”

written by on 12/12/2007

This was a present which I expected to be very useful. I think a jam jar is just as useful.

“Overall, it does not do absolutely everything it says...”

written by lcjohnny on 30/06/2006

Overall, it does not do absolutely everything it says on the tin (or box), but it does make small (2 or 3 people) quantities of dressing very quickly and very cleanly.

I will keep this gadget, but I have also kept my mortar & pestle!

Asked by magsmit56 on 19th January 2014 Report this content
My flavour broke ( plastic on rim broke off) is there an address or email I can write to about it?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site