Toshiba Equium L20-197 Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Toshiba Equium L20-197 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toshiba Equium L20-197

“i have been using this laptop for over 3 yrs, and it...”

written by on 22/07/2010

i have been using this laptop for over 3 yrs, and it has been fine, the only problem is the screen broke a few months back, but i fixed that easy. there have been no problems with the virus security,in fact i use 3 anti virus. try using avast! free antivirus, IObit security 360, and advanced system care. they all work for me. the worst thing about this computer wouls be the battery life, it is terrible. i wouldnt reccomend gettin this laptop if you are moving around alot. i once tried to install windows vista, but after time the computer just stopped workin, so i had to reset the computer back to windows xp. over all i would not reccomend getting this laptop.

“Slow?? It's positively backward! If you uninstall your...”

written by on 08/05/2010

Slow?? It's positively backward! If you uninstall your anti-virus software it works ok but when you re-install it, the machine almost freezes up. Have tried Norton, Mcafee and now Microsoft security but all have the same effect. Might be quite satisfiing to smash this up actually. Perhaps I'll video it and put it on You Tube? Once I get a decent replacem,ent tha is!Shall I try the upgraded memory?? Not so sure I want to bother. Might just cut my losses and buy a decent machine instead.

“Toshiba Equilibrium is an excellent Laptop. no...”

written by on 06/05/2009

Toshiba Equilibrium is an excellent Laptop. no problems for 3 years and going strong.

“Toshiba Equium L20-197is slow, boring, can't handle...”

written by chris10184 on 09/04/2009

Toshiba Equium L20-197is slow, boring, can't handle it's specs and the drivers for the wireless are impossible to find.

“I've had the Toshiba Equium L20-197 laptop for at...”

written by on 18/02/2009

I've had the Toshiba Equium L20-197 laptop for at least 4 years, and still works great In other reviews it has been noted that the Toshiba Equium L20-197 laptop is really slow, but buy a larger memory for it and it's as fast as any other laptop

“ I have had the Toshiba Equium L20 197 for about 4...”

written by asdabob on 13/02/2009

I have had the Toshiba Equium L20 197 for about 4 years now, I do not fill memory up with gameing or lots of tunes, but even so it does seem to run slow sometimes. I mainly use it for E-mails and surfing the WWW, but if I want to watch a video,eg Youtube, then it seems to buffer lots. All in all, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

“ I had this Toshiba Equium L20-197 laptop for about 6...”

written by rickymallory on 18/01/2009

I had this Toshiba Equium L20-197 laptop for about 6 months working perfectly until the screen started to go, we phoned Toshiba up and we described the problem (horizontal lines across the screen at certain angles) and they took it away for repairs, it had a new screen fitted, but about a month later when the warranty finished the screen went again this time the lines were vertical depending on the angle of the screen.

not only that the laptop was really slow, only come with 256mb ram but we got it upgraded to 1GB and the performance was increased.

“I have found this notebook to be quite reliable, even...”

written by on 29/05/2008

I have found this notebook to be quite reliable, even when my children have stood on it. It is reasonably styled, and is quite light. The battery seems to run flat in about 20 minutes, so you need to carry it around with the power lead.
The air vents are on the bottom, just where your knees would go if you placed it on your lap, so you can't actually use it on your lap - you have to use it on a taletop.
I updraged the memory from 512Mb to 2Gb, which seems to have improved the speed.
All in all, I would suggest that it is an inexpensive portable desktop PC.

“Ok well the price is good and thats about it, I've had...”

written by on 23/04/2008

Ok well the price is good and thats about it, I've had this laptop for a total of 3 years now, which at a glance you would think made it fairly hardy? WRONG. this laptop has cost more money to maintain than it did to begin with in my experience, I've been through a total of 6 chargers, which if brought off toshiba directly would've cost £80 a time, within a year the motherboard was totally fried, the memory had overfilled within a week of me having it, the laptop struggles with even running the most basic applications; ie running internet explorer or firefox along side microsoft word, or media player for example. It over heats faster than any other machine I've previously used and within the last week the hinges have become totally broke, and because of the absurd attachment they are beyond repair owing to the fact taking it off would result in tearing half the keyboard off and removing several components crucial to the laptops function from inside it.

“Very effective, good looking computer that is light...”

written by on 15/03/2008

Very effective, good looking computer that is light and has good value for money. Well recommend Toshiba Equium L20-197, the only bad thing I have to say about this Toshiba Laptop is it is quite slow in my experience, but apart from that it is great value for money.

“I think the Toshiba Equium L20-197 is an ok laptop and...”

written by little guy p on 07/04/2006

I think the Toshiba Equium L20-197 is an ok laptop and as it is quite cheap. I think is value for money I have brought a ram upgrade which has increased the speed and only cost around £30

“Toshiba did a job of trying to get the Equium L20...”

written by Bobokins on 19/02/2006

Toshiba did a job of trying to get the Equium L20 laptop into the less than £500 margin, and they cut corners by doing so, which I am afraid the L20 suffers with. It is a real shame as it looks the part, but it is so slow.

“I would not recommend the Toshiba Equium L20-197...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by uknigel on 19/01/2006

I would not recommend the Toshiba Equium L20-197 laptop, as it's so slow. I've been using my old Acer Aspire, which is more stable and much faster.

Bertie's Response to uknigel's Review

Written on: 20/01/2006

uknigel.....sorry you're disenchanted with the Toshiba.
<br>As a computer semi-illiterate, I wonder why you find the Acer 'much faster' as I see the processor is not THAT much faster than the one on the Toshiba - or is that not the only consideration?
<br>
<br>You could educate me on that!

Bertie's Response to uknigel's Review

Written on: 23/01/2006

Thank you friend - I'll go and read some more.

Uknigel's Response to uknigel's Review

Written on: 23/01/2006

The Acer is around 700Mhz and 18 months old while the Toshiba is 1.4Ghz and 2 months old