Grolsch Reviews

Grolsch
Grolsch

“TOO WOKE”

Written on: 17/06/2021

I've drunk worse beers. But a foreign company making irrational prejudicial statements regarding GB News ensures I will not taste it again… Read Full Review

“This is one of the most distinct lagers I ever had....”

Written on: 28/02/2011 by binio (53 reviews written)

This is one of the most distinct lagers I ever had. everything seams to be well balanced here, old-fashioned green bottle, ceramic cap, taste. This is very hopy lager and you notice that as soon as you open the bottle. Good smooth taste with no bitternes, refreshing and easy to drink. It is one of those beers which tastes good from its bottle. Can be enjoyed by men or woman equally… Read Full Review

Thepricktator's Response to binio's Review

Written on: 11/10/2012

I think it is one of the more bitter kinds of lager in Holland, where beer is already quite bitter in general. Also it lacks a bit taste in my opinion and reminds me of Carlsberg. The taste is a bit generic like two other popular beers from the Netherlands: Bavaria and Heineken. But then again, this generic taste makes it suitable for most people. I'd recommend you to try other Dutch beers for a more rich flavor . Even Amstel, which is not my favorite, is more daring than the ones I mentioned. But maybe the perceptions are different when you're used to different varieties. Cheers!

Read 1 Comment

“Grolsch Blonde cans. I bought some at the supermarket...”

Written on: 08/10/2009

Grolsch Blonde cans. I bought some at the supermarket but have been really disappointed by the taste its really strange as initially thought that the outside of the can had been contaminated and promptly washed the remainder but found that well a faint sewerage fore and after taste its really bizarre.

“Ok, it's a nice beer, not a great beer, but a nice...”

Written on: 19/08/2009 by Taylott (173 reviews written)

Ok, it's a nice beer, not a great beer, but a nice beer. I walked into O'Neils and they didn't really have much on tap, so apart from Stella or Amstel, i had no option to choose a Grolsch.

I'd consider Grolsch to be mid-range lager, nicely priced, and doesn't usually give a nasty hangover.

I especially like the glass, ergonomically designed so it fits snuggly in the palm of my hand.

in fact, we've just had a vote, and out of 4 different pints, Grolsch came top. Go on, try it... it won't… Read Full Review

“Better than any American beer anyway!”

Written on: 13/03/2007 by KyleBrown (2 reviews written)

Better than any American beer anyway!… Read Full Review

“Grolsch is marketed well, the distinctive bottles are...”

Written on: 24/08/2006 by Anonymous101 (1 review written)

Grolsch is marketed well, the distinctive bottles are certainly eye-catching and the ads on TV make me chuckle, but I find it a little too potent, the taste is too sharp for me and I basically can't handle it. I suffer from terrible headaches the next day, together with several other troublesome side-effects. Grolsch can be very expensive in the supermarket and in pubs and bars too. I think more superior products are available on the market at the moment. I would only buy this Grolsch in… Read Full Review

Cult Fiction's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 26/08/2006

I drank a bottle of Grolsh based on this review - and felt terminally ill the next day. i couldn't point out exactly what made me ill. But will never drink this Spanish beer ever again

Babrahams's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 29/08/2006

Grolsch is not Spanish - it is Dutch!!!

Read 2 Comments

“Grolsch Lager is Not my favourite beer, but is still...”

Written on: 13/05/2005 by donnyrovers (1 review written)

Grolsch Lager is Not my favourite beer, but is still certainly worth a drink. To the review above, I can't find many pubs and bars that have it on and I don't think its bad on draught but I mainly drink it out of bottles at home. If your a fan of strong continental beers than you would probably prefer stella… Read Full Review

“In my view Grolsch is a pretty unique lager in that it...”

Written on: 31/03/2005 by sportdonkey (30 reviews written)

In my view Grolsch is a pretty unique lager in that it tastes much nicer in bottles than on draft. Get in a crate by all means and enjoy yourself, but a pint down the local, don't be silly, you see the problem is it tastes nasty, dirty really. I've had it in a few pubs hoping to recreate the sweet taste of Grolsch from the bottle with no success. If you are unfamiliar with Grolsch I believe it to be a Dutch Tipple and is up there in the alcohol content with Stella and it is not too disimaler in… Read Full Review