Simply Travel Reviews

Simply Travel - Ask a question now

“Not the same company as simplytravel Cape Town”

written by SimplyTravel_CapeTown on 08/02/2018

Please don't confuse simply-travel.co.za (JHB based company) with our Cape Town based company SimplyTravel.co.za. We are not connected or affiliated in anyway. We have been in business for 15 years and have thousands of happy customers. Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to furnish you with written references or put you in contact with South Africa’s largest tour operators who deal with us daily.

“Avoid! Avoid!”

written by Parsonslv216 on 01/11/2017

Bad customer services, staff that have no clue what is going on with your booking. Unexpected charges. Avoid Avoid Avoid.

“Beware!! ”

written by arFigueroa317 on 27/10/2017

Rude, unhelpful staff including "the director"(apparently)

“amazing service”

written by on 18/05/2017

I booked a trip to Thailand and the service and efficiency i received was amazing. The staff i dealt with was extremely help. I told them that this is going to be the first time i will be travelling overseas and i needed them to literally hold my hand during this trip and believe me this is exactly what they did. They stayed within my budget and gave me an amazing deal. Simply Travel made my holiday experience memorable and i will definitely recommend them. Thank you Simply Travel

“No money back”

written by markusschmidt on 21/10/2016

I booking was canceled by Simply Travel (not by me!) but it takes weeks to get your money back. Be careful!

“Laughing. Shocking matter”

written by on 16/06/2016

I paid dep for a trip for oct 2016. One person cancelled and now this is impossible to get it done. Still waiting for a response. Manager now also involved. Still no reply manager suggested i phone the airline to give reason why one person cancelled? Still waiting for new quote on only two adults for the trip to Thailand. Bad taste in my mouth. Had an uneasy feeling from time of quotes but ignored it. Who else can help me. Now will be imposssoble to get my money back. Before i put dep down. They phoned and emailed me almost every day!! Now i have to remind them if my booking/ query. Shocking PLEASE DO MOT go through them!

“Hands off!”

written by Simsyl428 on 12/05/2016

Booked sea view - got a room with view on a back wall. Had to pay extra fee to move to a sea view room. Simply Travel has its seat in Sofia, Bulgaria. Try to get your money back from those guys!

“Appalling Customer Service”

written by ChaceKoenig on 04/01/2016

If you're considering booking with this company, think again. The price you get is unlikely to be the price you pay and the customer service is non-existent (apparently there aren't any managers in the whole company so you have to speak to rude children). Whilst I accept that errors happen, being asked to pay an extra £252 to complete the booking I had received an email confirmation for is difficult enough to swallow, but without an apology it's impossible. These people have no morals or care for their customers, so please don't become one.

“Steer clear!!”

written by Josieb235 on 25/01/2015

Rude staff, any problems they won't help or apologize..if u do have problems ur on ur own. Our room wasn't ready so thy downgraded us and made out as if we were getting some kind of extra benefit because thy were refunding the extra we had paid for the room that wasn't ready. However, this was not repaid when thy said it would be an after many frustrating rows an emails which were frankly rude, we contacted trading standards who confirmed we should get full amnt so we cancelled. Thy confirmed 2DAYS before we were due to fly out that thy would refund in full if we cancelled...which we did...

“Travel off the beaten track.”

written by thedragon on 04/12/2013

We have used Simply travel, an offshoot of Thomsons twice now. once to madeira and recently to Corfu. Both times we had a car as part of the package and were thus able to explore parts of both islands normal tourists don't see. On Corfu we went self catering in a cottage in a village half way up a mountain with views from a roof terrace across the olive groves to the sea. The locals made us very welcome ; there was a small tavern down the road where we could have a good Greek meal cheaply as well as a bakery where we could buy bread still warm for 1 euro We felt we were supporting the local economy directly. The Thomson rep also arranged for us to do 2 trips one to the Greek mainland and the island of Paxos and the other to Albania which was particularly memorable. We were independent but back up was there if we needed any help.

“Lousy local admin, invisible UK staff, ultr-rude service”

written by PaulSpooner1 on 11/11/2011

Property directions lost us and our Simply Travel neighbours. Car arrangements with Europcar financially dangerous and the car not properly inpected or fully functioning. Our 'Ring Graham anytime' mobile number was unaswered until the following morning when we could have spent all night in the car. the backup UK 24/7 number took no message and left one with an expensive jingle and unanswered - Simply Travel just are not interested in their customers! Property contained broken junk, mouldy fruit in the fridge and no hot water. We got hot water eventually but then we and our Simply Travel neighbours lost all water. Sent after-travel complaint to the posted email address and this bounced. So sent a letter to the posted address. After 2 weeks still no reponse so tried calling Simply Travel: 1. Managed to speak to someone in credit-control! She refered to an 0844 number which turns out to be 'Portland Holidays Direct'. 2. Portland put me on to a TUI number (TUI is the company on all the Simply Travel documentation) - I asked for Customer Service and they put the phone down! 3. tried again and given yet another number for TUI Travel which turns out to be called 'Holiday Hypermarket' but they said that 'Simply Travel is not in our office, we cannot help you' I asked for assistenace and they gave me a Thomas Cook number as 'Simply Travel is owned by Thomas Cook' 4. Called the Thomas Cook Crawley number which is again a TUI Travel number. I asked for Customer Service and was instantly given Simply Travel and TUI's best possible demonstration of it - they asked me to hold - after over ten minutes of silence I guessed that maybe their version of customer service is not to speak to (or help) customers at all. I would avoid Simply Travel at all costs - my experience is that Simply Travel is Simply Bad.

“My best advise is do NOT use this company or Thomson”

written by on 13/09/2011

We booked with simply through Thomson on the high street, Simply is a sister company to Thomson holidays and like many other reviews I have since read, once they have got your money you are on your own. Having found the holiday we wanted on line but trying to book it was a nightmare. so we were forced to resort to doing it through our local Thomson travel agent. Knowing the resort we were going to we were not disappointed but my complaint is with Simply Travel and Thomson holidays who displayed the worst customer service I have ever come across and despite many attempt to resolve our complaints these remained unresolved even today and we have been back a week .

“Simply Travel Property exceeded expectations. ...”

written by grahamp on 16/01/2009

Simply Travel Property exceeded expectations. Brochure was spot on. The villa and pool/gardens/view were spectacular. Service was good and we would use Simply again. No I am not an employee!

“We've travelled to Corsica twice with Simply Travel,...”

written by globe trotting girl on 26/08/2008

We've travelled to Corsica twice with Simply Travel, (Oct 07 and July 08), each time on a late deal. The 'admin arrangements' were disappointing the first time as the person I spoke to seemed to have a short attention span, taking our address at least 3 times and confusing us by sending out duplicate documentation. However this was forgotten when we experienced the rest of the Simply Travel service:
1. Very efficient check in at Manchester airport - a rep booked us in at a mobile check in point - no need to queue
2. Great villas both times - clean and with everything we needed
3. Able to upgrade our car for no extra charge
We thoroughly enjoyed both holidays and would book with Simply Travel again - as long as the website doesnt crash again!

“Having travelled with Simply Travel a few years ago...”

written by on 23/05/2008

Having travelled with Simply Travel a few years ago and being impressed with everything about them, we booked self-catering holiday to Madeira with them as my partner is now disabled and we wanted a hassle-free trip. How the service has changed since being taken over by Thomson. They hadn't remembered to book our accommodation and we were told on arrival at the airport that we had no option but to stay in a hotel room. As we are vegetarian, being able to self-cater is essential as veggie food is often limited to pizza. The hotel was miles off the beaten track and they weren't expecting us when we arrived. Travelling to restaurants without a car was very difficult and expensive. The stress resulted in my partner being ill the whole time we were away. The rep took 2 days to come and see us and then offered an insulting amount as compensation. Back home it wasn't much better - I gave up arguing in the end as I was getting too stressed over it. We will never travel with Simply Travel again. Laughably they have been inundating me with brochures.

“I have used Simply Travel twice now, however it stops...”

written by mondoUK on 09/11/2007

I have used Simply Travel twice now, however it stops there, customer services is very below standard. I received a letter from simply travel stating they lost most of my complaint letter even though I sent it specially delivery, didn't acknowledge half my main points and sent a useless letter back in return. Very poor customer services however I am sure I will find a suitable lever of customer services else where

“Have been using Simply Travel for many years. Had a...”

written by mmg on 23/09/2006

Have been using Simply Travel for many years. Had a disappointing experience with their service a few years ago but thought we'd give them another chance. However, this year was another disappointment. Simply contacted us two weeks before our due departure to let us know that our secluded villa would no longer be secluded as construction was going on around it, although the details they gave us showed that they should have told us much earlier - the new construction was already three storey high when they contacted us! However, we felt it was good of them to let us know. But they were completely unhelpful when we asked for help to find something else with them in such a short time. The staff said that we had to choose another holiday ourselves via the net and then call them! They were not allowed to offer a replacement!!! Bad news for Simply because we found on the net this fantastic tour operator called The Villa Collection and found a replacement holiday which was same value as Simply and so much better quality. The staff actually rings you once you have booked on the net to confirm details and is able to give you very good details on your accommodation and area. In fact this company is very much like what Simply used to be ten years ago for secluded tasteful villas and first class service.

“We have had trips all over Europe with Simply Travel...”

written by savanna on 10/08/2006

We have had trips all over Europe with Simply Travel and we will book again next year. If you want to see the real Greece or Turkey etc., then you won't be disappointed. If you want bars and crowds, book with someone else!!

“We booked our holiday to Croatia three months ago....”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by nellwood on 20/06/2006

We booked our holiday to Croatia three months ago. Since then Simply Travel have changed our flight times twice and have now (a week and a half before we fly) informed us that our flight will not be going to Split, but will instead be going 100 miles outside, and we will be transported by coach for two hours to Split. Simply Travel are offering no compensation or any options to refund or exchange our tickets, despite there being nothing in the terms and conditions to say that they are able to change our holiday in this way. They are extremely unhelpful on the phone, to the point that we are now contacting ABTA.

“We have just booked our holiday to Tuscany with Simply...”

written by babrahams on 25/11/2005

We have just booked our holiday to Tuscany with Simply Travel, and after the quick, pleasant, and simple way to book the holiday, we are just hoping the holiday is just a pleasant and peaceful.

Staff are very pleasant on the phone, and go out of their way to sort out and answer all your questions as soon as possible. Paperwork was sent quickly, and again it is all laid out very clearly.

Can't wait for our holiday, and will update further once we have been.