Honda Jazz 1400 SE Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Honda Jazz 1400 SE - Ask a question now

“I bought the Honda Jazz 1400 SE new in March 2005...”

Written on: 07/11/2005 by davencag (5 reviews written)

I bought the Honda Jazz 1400 SE new in March 2005 based on its capacity to take the occasional load (university run), the rave reviews it has received elsewhere, and a short test drive.
As every day passes I like it less. On good roads it is fine, on some of the country roads I have to use, it is a bone shaker, and road noise is awful on rough surfaces.
I thought the radio controls on the steering wheel were a good idea. In practice they are more awkward to use than the large Fisher-Price style buttons on the unit itself. Despite being a very gentle driver on the brakes and accelerator, I have never achieved the mileage figures Honda quote. The car has also been plagued with small rattles and squeaks from poorly fitted panels. The seating flexibility is its one saving grace, with the rear seats folded flat giving great load space, but if that's what you want it for, then get a bigger car - an MPV perhaps. If you want Honda quality then this is the wrong model. Pay a little extra and get a Civic.

Drastic's Response to davencag's Review

Written on: 02/09/2015

Assembled in the UK, that's the trouble!

Read 1 Comment