Allan Ahlberg, The Jolly Christmas Postman Reviews

Allan Ahlberg, The Jolly Christmas Postman
3.3

Allan Ahlberg, The Jolly Christmas Postman - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Allan Ahlberg, The Jolly Christmas Postman

“What is the book about? ”

written by on 29/09/2008

What is the book about?
The book is about a postman who is delivering mail on Christmas eve. He crosses many fairy tale characters who get some extraordinary mail! The Postman's adventure starts of with him biking down the 'Jolly Road' and ends up him going home in a sleigh with Santa! On every scene there is a letter in a real envelope. for us to read and have a nosy at other peoples letters!
Why do you like the book?
I like the book because it was one of my favourite books when I was little and it still is now! The postman enhanced the story and made me feel special reading it. The rhyming played a big part too because I used to chant it along even without the book.
Who would you recommend it to?
Anyone old enough to read! The book is not just for little kids! It satisfies people of any age. You do have to be old enough though to understand the jokes, but really small children still like hearing the rhyming parts and the pictures, even if they can't understand the storyline!
Do you like the illustrations? Why?
I do like the illustrations, without them the story would be a bore! They give the story certain characteristics and leave you gazing at the page for ages! Every time I see this book, I just have to read it! Whether I'm in the library or I just come across it whilst I'm tidying my room, I can't resist looking at the jolly postman and his friends!

“I like the front cover of the book ”

written by on 15/05/2008

I like the front cover of the book
could u plz tell me if you can find a biography that is good on allan alhberg