John Lewis Evolution Kitchen Knives Reviews

John Lewis Evolution Kitchen Knives - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for John Lewis Evolution Kitchen Knives

“I bought these knives a couple of weeks ago so as of...”

written by dodger44 on 18/04/2011

I bought these knives a couple of weeks ago so as of yet, I cannot comment on the durability factor. However, as a keen cook, I love these knives!
They are very, very sharp and easy to use. I love the look and feel of them too; they look highly professional and 'smart'. They cut through any kind of food with ease which I love! So many knives out there claiming to be sharp are nothing of the sort.
The John Lewis evolution kitchen knives were expensive, and I can't yet say if they are worth it. However, judging by how good they have been thus far I think they are great!
The service I received when ordering the product was good and as you would expect.
I will comment on how they improve/worsen over time!

“A stylish looking knife set with a sharp blade. Just...”

written by on 16/02/2010

A stylish looking knife set with a sharp blade. Just what I was Looking for.
Unfortunatly after three months of normal use, washing in warm water and drying with a cloth the blades started to show signs of rust.

When I returned the knives to John Lewis with a recipt I was informed it's because I had used them incorectly and hadn't dried them properly.

I really think this is an inferior quality product and was very dissapointed with the responce I received from John Lewis.

“I don't have the block, just a single utility...”

written by AntonyG on 30/05/2009

I don't have the block, just a single utility Evolution knife I bought from John Lewis in Oxford Street about ten(ish) years ago.

Very happy with it - it still looks as if I bought it yesterday.

“These John Lewis Evolution Kitchen Knives are very...”

written by on 03/07/2008

These John Lewis Evolution Kitchen Knives are very good value for money. The definitely are the best knives I have had.

“We chose the Evolution kitchen knives from John Lewis...”

written by max1s on 06/11/2005

We chose the Evolution kitchen knives from John Lewis as part of our wedding list as they looked stylish. With John Lewis putting their name on it, we thought the quality wouldn't be too bad.

Unfortunately, we were wrong. Less than two months after we received them, the utility knife started to corrode. I was shocked! These were supposed to be high quality stainless steel knives!

We took them back to the store (Bluewater, Dartfod UK) to ask for an exchange. We were happy to accept that it was one that slip passed JL's usual high standards. But no...

We were told it was because of the way we use the knife that caused the problem.

Janet Haines's Response to max1s's Review

Written on: 08/07/2009

Had mine ages - wanted more in the range because they are so good. But the style has changed unfortunately.
<br/>
<br/>Mine are perfect. No staining or corrosion. But they do always get hand washed as I found years ago that dishwashers and stainless cutlery do not mix very well.