Honda Hornet 900 Reviews

• Build quality

• Reliability

Honda Hornet 900 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Honda Hornet 900

“So far I've put 10,500 miles on my 2007 Honda 919, and...”

written by on 31/12/2010

So far I've put 10,500 miles on my 2007 Honda 919, and all has been pure joy. I bought it used with just under 1K miles on it, thanks to the fool that got rid of it. It's not a race bike, but it's got lots of power and handles very well. Simply put- the 919 is fast and fun! It's very easy to ride, but competent on winding canyon roads. No chicken strips on my tires! And the riding position is comfortable, which was a primary concern in choosing the 9'er. I like the looks of naked bikes, and don't have to worry about ruining expensive plastics. Plus it's cheap to insure. Reliability has been excellent, but what do you expect from a Honda with such low miles?
I absolutely love this bike and expect to ride it for many thousands of miles and years to come.

“ Part exchanged a 2001 fireblade for a 2007 Hornet...”

written by eddyace on 27/10/2010

Part exchanged a 2001 fireblade for a 2007 Hornet 900, and havnt a single regret. Small,light,nimble,great brakes,beefy 900 engine,whats not to like. Brilliant at the daily commute and the weekend hoon.
Have owned mine for about 18 months, have added scorpion road legal cans and a dynojet power commander, bike pulls like a train and sounds brilliant.Only negative , the seat gets abit uncomfortable after an hour or so.
I have toured mid wales with my daughter as pillion no problems.Very easy to work on and service yourself.I also have an old Bandit 1200 and the Hornet is better in nearly every repect(although I love my Bandit dearly!!)
.You will find that the Hornet was dammed by faint praise by the power ranger motogp wanabee fantasists in the glossies,but the people who actually bought them almost universally love them.
Probably One of the most underated bikes on the road today.
Highly recommended........

“best bike I've ever had. I was expecting it to be...”

written by on 12/02/2010

best bike I've ever had. I was expecting it to be uninspiring as per a review I read but I found that I just couldn't stop riding it. I commute, scratch, tour and pillion on it and dig it. my bikes done 50 000km (15000 mine) and no problems mechanically.

“I can only go of my own experience, im 42 years old...”

written by on 17/01/2010

I can only go of my own experience, im 42 years old and i have had and road bikes for over 30 years i owned a cb750 f2 for the last 6 years crackin bike sold it an baught a 900 hornet last year i dont think il ever sell this one,proven blade engine easy to ride it does every thing i want it to do and more well done honda thanks

“I had a new Honda Hornet 900 as a courtesy bike for 6...”

written by on 09/08/2009

I had a new Honda Hornet 900 as a courtesy bike for 6 months,when they took it back I thought..I need one of those!
Whilst shopping around I noticed a 900 tucked away at my local dealers.
A day later I was riding it and loving every minute.
What a great bike,loads of torque.
The only problem is it can go really fast but its hard to hold on due to the lack of fairing,this is a good license saver though.
Buy one,you wont regret it.

“Own a 919 2007 an I think the Honda Hornet 900 is a...”

written by ozy12348 on 21/04/2009

Own a 919 2007 an I think the Honda Hornet 900 is a super bike. Great handling, performance and value. Great for ridding around town, commuting to and from work and beating traffic!!! I love it

“It's not an ultra sports model made to hit high speeds...”

written by ampmaestro on 19/03/2009

It's not an ultra sports model made to hit high speeds and lean to crazy angles when flat out,, and after owning a sports orientated bike it was hard, for a very short while, to sit upright with face in the wind but once I got into this bike and rode it for what it was made to do, I just don't want or need any other bike. Set it up properly and get some decent tyres and you have a regular "go get'em" bike on your hands. I've had mine up a good speed so it is not really an issue, I've leaned this bike over far enough to feel my foot lift off its peg and have ridden it around town with ease. You can't ride around town on a sportster without getting tired arms, numb hands, aching shoulders before too long. Heck, I've even passed sports bikes with weekend warriors riding them in the hills, Japanese or Italian,, makes no difference to me...

The deal clencher for me though was the ridiculously low price. I bought mine new 9 months ago, mid 2008. Payed cash for it and rode off into the wild blue yonder. No looking back.

Honda make so many good bikes and perhaps the Hornet 900, also called the 919 in the U.S, is one of the best value for money bikes on the rode today. It perhaps does nothing perfectly, but does everything more than adequately and that's something that not many bikes can brag about, The enjoyment factor of the Hornet 900 is beyond words. I was looking for something a little more than a street blaster and after an unintended test ride on the Hornet, I was a gonner - hook, line and sinker, as the saying goes. I never actually intended to buy the Hornet but I enjoyed it so much, It has revived motorcycling for me, after it felt like it was not necessarily going a little stale, but just going ahead too fast. The Hornet has taken me back to my roots in motorcycling,, where/when I first rode bikes - and loved 'em...
so it looks as if I will be riding the Hornet for some time yet. Hey, that suits me just fine.

This is DEFINITELY a 10 out of 10 bike.

Gb92104's Response to ampmaestro's Review

Written on: 31/12/2010

I found this review very helpful because this dude really said what I feel about the 919. He wrote really well, and from the heart. Plus it's all true.

“Great Value, well done honda...Its a Honda not much to...”

written by on 21/12/2008

Great Value, well done honda...Its a Honda not much to say, easy to live with great on twisty back roads, keeps up with my younger mates on there plastic race reps, sounds awesome with twin scorpion cans...Do you know I cant think of any bad points for this bike in this class

“Not many bikers look at it in the crowd maybe because...”

written by on 08/07/2008

Not many bikers look at it in the crowd maybe because it is naked and sit up and beg handlebars. Dealers advise that they dont sell very well - good deals to be had though. I enjoy/love the bike as it is very fast, easy to handle. They didnt make many, didnt sell many and dont make them anymore - well ok they do but they have changed the looks again. Needs a fly screen - as a must! OK I will admit it I am 47 years old and also have a Goldwing 1800 so my opinion is to be taken lightly.

“A sweet bike overall and definitely more grunt than...”

written by hornet carlos on 18/03/2008

A sweet bike overall and definitely more grunt than the 600 version, though that bike is possibly more fun in being keener to rev its nuts off.

“I love the Honda Hornet...I ride it every day to work...”

written by on 14/03/2008

I love the Honda Hornet...I ride it every day to work and take it out on the weekends too. I would recommend this bike to anybody looking for a fast reliable bike with naked styling that's easy to handle in city traffic.

“Spend the money on good tyres, and you'll never look...”

written by stevehobfg on 28/09/2007

Spend the money on good tyres, and you'll never look back. As much fun as a Superduke, but without attracting unwanted police attention (and it starts every time). If you've got the cash, get the Maxton replacement rear shock then this will be a full 10 out of 10 motorcycle. Small A, B roads or in town are just a hoot. Highly recommended!

“I bought this Honda Hornet 900 recently from a guy who...”

written by pshore on 24/05/2006

I bought this Honda Hornet 900 recently from a guy who needed some money pronto. I then left it in the garage for a bit and thought 'I really must go out on this' ! Well, what a lovely bike, comfortable, good turn of speed without being too hairy and reasonable handling. The old blade engine is happy just pottering along - then give it a handful and the beatuful twin underseat exhausts kick in and you warble your way up the speedo ! fab ! I'm actually riding this more than my r1. I would recommend this to anyone. The 600 Hornet would be a bit gutless I feel. Just for the record I paid £3,300 for an April 2004 model with 4,000 miles from new.

“If you like me are after a bike that will do...”

written by AsdaBoy on 22/05/2006

If you like me are after a bike that will do everything and anything whatever the weather the Honda Hornet 900 is the one, better built than a Bandit, quicker than their 600 and a damn site more agile than the 1200.
I like traditional style bikes and hell there were enough to choose from.
The overall deciding points for me were:
FireBlade 900 engine
Very light and nimble
Build quality
Twin Chimneys out of the back seat lol

Great bike go test ride one they're fun and practical

“I've owned several bikes, including a Yamaha Fazer, a...”

written by Tooting biker on 01/11/2005

I've owned several bikes, including a Yamaha Fazer, a VFR F1, and a 600 Hornet, and for town driving I really can't fault the Honda 900 Hornet. It's cheap and practical, quick enough, reliable, cheap to service, manoeuvrable and reasonably light.