Navman iCN 550 Reviews

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Navman iCN 550 - Ask a question now

“I was sold this iCN 550 unit on the basis that it had...”

Written on: 30/08/2009

I was sold this iCN 550 unit on the basis that it had 100% European road coverage due to the travelling I do. I live in Portugal - only the main roads in Portugal are covered - no in-town roads (except the major cities like Lisbon and even that is incomplete) - many towns only have the name shown in the middle of a blank area. The maps were badly out of date when I bought it as 'the newest model' (Jan 2006). I contacted Navman and was told new maps were being prepared and would be available shortly - they never were! Any GPS device you can't get map updates for at least 5 or 6 years should never be sold.
From time to time it goes haywire and can take you miles out of your way for no reason - on one occasion it then took us back to where we started!
I would NEVER touch Navman again due to the lousy maps and lack of support - though the actual device is excellent, robust, clear screen and easy to use.

“I find it incredible that you can spend more than £350...”

Written on: 06/03/2007 by jburc10433 (1 review written)

I find it incredible that you can spend more than £350 on a product and it is out of date before it is out of warranty with no come back at all. I will never recommend a Navman product to any friends or colleagues!

“I have used Tom Tom 500 for 6 months and Navman ICN...”

Written on: 02/09/2006 by raamay (1 review written)

I have used Tom Tom 500 for 6 months and Navman ICN 550 for 9 months I was happier with ICN 520 rather than Tom Tom 500. I upgraded ICN 520 with ICN 550 plus travel module and found it equally good in term of navigation as ICN 520, but traffic module didn't work as up to expectation. After about a month my ICN 550 gave up as it refused to come to life one day, so it is waiting in my cupboard to be replaced or to return for the sum I paid at CostCo (£350).

I still recommend it if unit is not faulty and if someone is not novice at all.

“While the Navman ICN 550 unit is very neat and easy to...”

Written on: 21/01/2006 by wynyard (1 review written)

While the Navman ICN 550 unit is very neat and easy to get started the 5 digit post code search is a little primitive particularly as Up My Street have it.
While on the A34, my system indicated a traffic problem ahead and then attempted to re-calculate a route to get me around this: it did this for over 30 mile until I eventually arrived at the M40 and knowing that I had to go North I turned North, the Navman had given up giving any directions by this time as it was still trying to re-calculate the route! After a couple of minutes it realised it was back on route and kicked in again. I had cause to go to York and wished to get to a point on two A roads but it could not find these. All in all a bit primitive and if this is one of the best then the others must be pointless. I do not believe that this kit can cost more than £50 to put together so someone is making very big money out of these.

“Well it's here!! ”

Written on: 28/10/2005 by gbparkinson (2 reviews written)

Well it's here!!

Navman have always shined in quality Satellite Navigation, and the Navman ICN 550 model really kicks the market into shape. How could anyone praise TomTom if they have tried the ICN 550?

It is easy to use, and 2 clicks gets me home, 1 button press finds me a car park... need I continue?