Apple iPod Classic - 5th Gen Reviews

Summary

Read and write reviews of the Apple iPod Classic (Video) 5th Generation MP3 Player.

Apple iPod Classic - 5th Gen - Ask a question now

Video Format: MPEG-4H.264
Video Bit-Rate: 768 kbps
Max Video Resolution: 320 x 240
Screen
On Screen Display: ID3 Tag InfoBattery LevelPlaylist / Table of ContentsPlay ModeElapsed TimeRecharging
Screen Size: 2.5 inch
Warranty: 1 Year
Release Date: October, 2005

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“If you're more in to aesthetics than sound quality...”

Written on: 08/07/2007 by filtershark (1 review written)

If you're more in to aesthetics than sound quality this is the machine for you!… Read Full Review

“Ok, the ten thousandth review for the iPod. ”

Written on: 05/04/2007 by YourDirector (29 reviews written)

Ok, the ten thousandth review for the iPod.

I caught the iPod bug way back and got myself an iPod mini, upgrading from that eventually to this, the iPod video 30GB in white. I unpack it and caress its smooth sexy body, plug it in to charge and get onto my computer eagerly updating to the latest version of iTunes so I can have my video's ready and waiting. It was superb, working all day, supplying me with music, movies and games without fail. It went well for about three months, working hard… Read Full Review

Microjak's Response to YourDirector's Review

Written on: 01/08/2007

I am very interested in buying the iPod Video Player, and I found your review very helpful. So just 2 questions here, firstly, you talked about the battery being short, I have read other reviews about the battery being very short when used with videos, and you talked about the fact that there was a recent one, which battery is the recent one? And secondly, is the screen protector an accessory? Or does it come free? I hope you reply soon, and again your review has really helped me in my decision.

Read 1 Comment

“To be honest, ipod is nothing without outside. It...”

Written on: 05/06/2006 by merc (1 review written)

To be honest, ipod is nothing without outside. It become a fashion thing now, but they don't do anything particular, better sound quality? Flexible portability between PC and ipod? Good price? Radio? Really user-friendly control? No they don't have those. The user control that they boast simple is actually not so straight forward and maybe too simple and awkward. And you have to pay for everything, I mean everything, even a plastic cover is $20. Yet I don't understand why people want to spend… Read Full Review

“The best? Yeah right! The Apple iPod Video was rushed...”

Written on: 25/03/2006 by timdavies (1 review written)

The best? Yeah right! The Apple iPod Video was rushed out due to competitors SONY launching the PSP, and because of this it has countless bugs such as freezing, repetitive functions, and playback problems when using certain EQ's.

I'd just like to say that I'm on my 4th iPod!! I started off with a Black and White iPod, then they gave me a new one (iPod Photo), and when that broke I got an iPod Video. Now I'm on my 2nd Video! Thanks Apple!… Read Full Review

“I have had a new iPod Video 30Gb for less than 2...”

Written on: 30/01/2006 by bazthecat (20 reviews written)

I have had a new iPod Video 30Gb for less than 2 months. Originally, I was easily getting the 14 hour battery life, but as the weeks have passed, this has dropped down to less than 5 hours. Considering this is Apple's latest generation iPod Video, that's not good. I had read reports of bad battery performance, but ignored them. This iPod is just 2 months old and I don't use any video, just music.

A guy at work bought a Sony 20Gb (the alloy one) at the same time, and he's still getting… Read Full Review

Bazthecat's Response to bazthecat's Review

Written on: 28/03/2006

Battery life got down to under 4 hours (compared to the 14 hours claimed by Apple). I returned the iPod to the supplier. 2 weeks later and I am still awaiting return. I believed people who said the iPod didn't have battery issues. They do and they are huge. If you don't want hassle, forget the "supposed" style and good looks of the iPod, just buy something that does the job instead. Awful product, AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS.

Bazthecat's Response to bazthecat's Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

Still geting problems with this iPod. Now it resets when it wants and we even get "the white screen of death". Computer Warehouse supplied it and it took 1 month for first repair - what next.
Personally (and this is my own oppinion) I wish I had never seen this iPod. Cosmetically they look great, but operationally they are rubbish. Just avoid these things - you think by now that Apple would have got it right wouldn't you?

Read 2 Comments