Canon 550EX E-TTL Reviews

Canon 550EX E-TTL
4.3

Canon 550EX E-TTL - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon 550EX E-TTL

“I mostly do studio work, and have only used my...”

written by on 17/07/2010

I mostly do studio work, and have only used my flashgun about a dozen times. When I first got it I did a wedding with it and found the images were a little dark so I used the fel button. Since then I have had several times where it either over exposed or under exposed. The latest thing it did was went on manual i just could not get it back, so took it back to the shop where the staff agreed that it needed sending away. The repair price is £236 so I will probably sell my canon camera and move to Nikon as I don't feel confident with the canon flash. A friend from the camera club is having similar problems with his canon gun too

“Have used my Canon 550EX E-TTL flashgun in many...”

written by on 15/09/2009

Have used my Canon 550EX E-TTL flashgun in many diferent situations and am very happy with the results. No problem learning how to use it, and would recommend to anyone for the price paid.

“Canon 550EX E-TTL = great, i use it every time i take...”

written by on 09/10/2008

Canon 550EX E-TTL = great, i use it every time i take camera out the bag, even for portraits out in the sun , it sweetens at the picture. tinking of geting one? go for it, as it is the best for the money

“This Canon 550EX E-TTL Flashgun is excellent. Fires a...”

written by DEvianT on 12/12/2003

This Canon 550EX E-TTL Flashgun is excellent. Fires a pre-burst of flash to set shutter speed correctly and stores this in flash. Flash intensity is totaly controlable and can be raised or lowered in power by several stops. Also has diffuser for wide angle close up work. This has the bonus of putting lovely catchlights in subjects eyes making portraits seem very lively.

Flash also has head that can be adjusted upwards by 95 degrees and can rotate 360 degrees to avoid direct flash. Can also be fired by remote using remote module STB-2 (Can control 3 Flashes)