La Cle Des Champs, Favieres, Picardie, France Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

La Cle Des Champs, Favieres, Picardie, France - Ask a question now

“First time here after 10 years, still excellent.”

Written on: 11/09/2016 by Peterz31 (1 review written)

Last came here in the early 2005, just before my dear wife died, and had not been back, it was one of our favourite day trip visits from the Eurotunnel. Came back in June this year with an old friend, and was delighted to find it was as good as it had been before,a converted Picardy farm house, still looking smart outside, fresh white paint and the interior that hadn't changed, but didn't look tired after all that time, well decorated and comfortable, not too fancy. The welcome was warm and friendly, and the set menu choices good. The food itself is still very French, but with interesting combinations of flavours and textures. Amuse bounce to start and also between each course, and a very reasonable wine list. Had a delicious Chablis, at a ridiculously low price. We sat down at 12 and left at about 3ish.a slow wonderfully memory filled foody experience. My friend can't stop talking about the meal he had here and we hope to return soon. Have read some recent not very nice reviews about this place in Tripadvisor,usual Brit pettiness, I'm afraid. Well this Brit loved it. People should remember that reviews are one person's opinions only !

“It was probably in 2003 when we ate here on two nights...”

Written on: 22/06/2008 by GordonSoul (1 review written)

It was probably in 2003 when we ate here on two nights whilst camping for 4 nights nearby. We have the opportunity to stay a few days in Picardy again this year so I thought I'd do a bit research to check the restaurant hadn't changed ownership.
I must have eaten in over 500 restaurants (maybe over 1000) across 5 continents and I would rate this in my favourite five.
Don't expect fast food - you should be prepared to devote the whole evening.
The reviewer who gave 2/10 needs to "get a life". As for value for money, it's not cheap but not expensive - for what you get it was very good value and hopefully still is.

“For €80 for 2, including a decent bottle of wine,...”

Written on: 24/08/2007 by billybottle (1 review written)

For €80 for 2, including a decent bottle of wine, you can't fault La Cle Des Champs for quality and value for money. I've eaten at many more pretentious places for a lot more, this unassuming quality restaurant deserves more than a knife and fork from the rubber tyre man.

I recommend you stay in the hotel a short walk away and make a proper night of it.

“Picardie, France Favieres french la cle des champs is...”

Written on: 15/05/2007 by durieu pygmalion (1 review written)

Picardie, France Favieres french la cle des champs is highly recommended.

“Made a reservation and on arrival we were ignored for...”

Written on: 20/09/2005 by mieke (2 reviews written)

Made a reservation and on arrival we were ignored for about 10 minutes! I then approached a waiter and pointed this out. Were taken to our table and had to wait a further 10 minutes for a menu. Were not given a wine list until we asked! Despite having discussed my dietary needs (gluten-free/no flour) with the 'manager'my first course arrived (Foie Gras) with 2 enormous chunks of toast and I was offered bread several times throughout the meal. A biscuit was stuck in my dessert - and all this when I had explained I could not eat flour!! When I complained when the dessert arrived, the manager said she would talk to the chef and never returned. We ordered coffee twice and nothing came, we asked for the bill twice and had to get up to get it! We would never have tolerated any of it if it had been an early meal in a town and if it there would have been a good chance of finding an alternative venue! The whole experience lasted three (!!) hours and the waiters were doing 'end of evening' cleaning whilst there were still 4 tables with diners awaiting further service. We were expecting the vacuum cleaner to appear any moment!