Archos Jukebox 6000 Reviews

Archos Jukebox 6000 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Archos Jukebox 6000

Archos Jukebox 6000

“To tell you the truth I was a bit skeptical about...”

Written on: 11/08/2002 by Enrico. (1 review written)

To tell you the truth I was a bit skeptical about buying a portable MP3 player with such a large amount of memory for such a small amount of money. The first day of having the MP3 player was pleasurable when I could lounge around and not have to worry about anyone having to listen to my music. After the first day the jukebox screen wouldn't work correctly. Part of the display would show up and the other part wouldn't. All in all I could listen to the music but I had no way of choosing my play lists and music files because I just couldn't see them on the screen. When I plug the player back into the wall it worked fine. So I figured that I would give tech support a call to see what they thought may be the problem. The technician was not helpful what-so-ever. He told me that the batteries needed to be charged and perhaps if they were already charged then the batteries may be defective. Once again I plugged the unit into the wall and it worked fine once it was plugged in but then after I took it out the unit just wouldn't show everything on the screen. I decided to return the MP3 player and get a new one in hopes that the new one would work properly. I had no such luck. Within the first day the product was doing the exact same thing as the first unit. I eventually decided that I was getting too upset over it and I would be much happier if I didn't have to look at it anymore so I returned it and got my money back.

If you are looking for an MP3 player which has a lot of memory then my suggestion is to not waste your money on this item. If you are looking for a portable hard drive so that you can transfer some large files from your home to your office then I still wouldn't buy this item. I would invest in a zip drive or something worth while. I was very unsatisfied with this product and I don't want anyone else to have the same problems that I have had.

53822_Isaac.'s Response to 32756_Enrico.'s Review

Written on: 27/11/2002

I own this, and I have had no such problems. It works perfectly. My screen displays just fine, plugged in or running off battery. It'll run for 10 hours on a good charge. Quite dependable.

115314_Kate.'s Response to 32756_Enrico.'s Review

Written on: 13/07/2003

Ive got this one too and its been sweet - no problems at all. I love it and take it everywehere I go. I think you must have got a lemon

Read 2 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“Customer service for the Archos Jukebox 6000 portable...”

Written on: 28/02/2002 by dani. (1 review written)

Customer service for the Archos Jukebox 6000 portable MP3 player is terrible! It took me months to get a simple reply from them via email, and to get any real help, i had to call them long distance (their 800-number has been cancelled). I got a new unit that had the same problem, and eventually just sent it back to get a refund. I would strongly recommend NOT buying anything from this company

“The Archos Jukebox 6000 is a nice product. Compact and...”

Written on: 29/01/2002 by Steverino. (1 review written)

The Archos Jukebox 6000 is a nice product. Compact and easy way to transport data or any file format. Headphones are cheesy, but I use my Sony and they work fine.
The instruction manual, littered with grammatical errors, falls a bit short of what you'd expect. Set up and operation are glossed over on a couple of pages alone. Needs a more detailed instructional guide to maximize performance.

“The Archos Jukebox 6000 portable MP3 player is an...”

Written on: 27/12/2001 by Mikhael. (1 review written)

The Archos Jukebox 6000 portable MP3 player is an excellent product. The small form factor and the big storage make for a very nice music product. Operation is very straight-forward. I have yet to consult the documentation for mine. I am no audiophile, but I find the sound with the supplied earphones to be good, but I have issue with the earphones themselves. They are a collapsible set, but they collapse to a package not much smaller than the uncollapsed size. I immediately switched to a pair of $20 earphones from Radio Shack. Sound quality was improved, as was the fit.
The device uses a 6gig hard drive, which means you get a large amount of MP3 storage (more than my entire collection, to tell true). This gives the device a nice seconadary function as a portable backup/transient storage device. The Jukebox shows up (in MS-Windows environments) as a hard drive, and thus is easy to manage.
The USB interface for the device, however, limits your upload rate severely. An IEEE1394/iLink/Firewire interface would have been more useful for the initial load. Another drawback is that it is a hard drive. I would not recommend taking the Archos for fumble-fingered sorts, nor for the atheletic lot looking for music for their morning run. I will recommend the Jukebox 6000 to anyone in search of a portable MP3 player.

“Go get the Archos Jukebox 6000 MP3 player - its so...”

Written on: 22/12/2001 by AudioCub. (1 review written)

Go get the Archos Jukebox 6000 MP3 player - its so good, I love mine never I have about 45 gig of music on my hard drive and I hated constantly uploading songs to my 32meg Rio (cough's) with this I can leave such a wide variety of my music on it I never get bored, since having it I have uploaded to it twice, and with the usb means its not that long a wait till u get the music to your head were it should be.
The optional record is superb im a musician and I can grab music anywhere,
And to top it all off its a 6 gig usb hard drive I mean that alone is worth the money 6 gig of storage space whenever u want it, no more "damn not enough disk space", All in all its excellent the sound quality of the standard headphones is not the best but then again, no personal stereo phones are any good, I use half cans for mine after all its the music that its about.

“If what you want is a 6GB portable HDD, then it's great. ”

Written on: 06/11/2001 by Darth Andy. (1 review written)

If what you want is a 6GB portable HDD, then it's great.

If, however, what you want is a personal stereo, then it's bad. The sound quality through the supplied headphones is truly shocking (apparantly these are the improved ones too!) but a new set of decent headphones should sort that out - you might be forgiven for thinking. No. The only way to get decent sound from it is to utelise the Line Out socket and plug it into a decent amp.

Sorry Archos. A great idea let down by a poor amp.

Looks like a Mini Disc for Andy...

53823_Isaac.'s Response to 5542_Darth Andy.'s Review

Written on: 27/11/2002

The sound on my machine is just fine. I get great quality through regular headphones (i don't use the supplied ones) and I can run it through my stereo using a headphone to stereo cable. Sounds great.

Chipmunk.'s Response to 5542_Darth Andy.'s Review

Written on: 18/12/2002

I have a archos jukebox 6000 and I run it through my computer into my SoundBlaster live 5.1 card out digitally to my soundstream krell technology deck then into my yahmaha computer satelite speakers and subwoofer and it sounds great better than anythin I have heard ever

Read 2 Comments