LG DLE5977W Reviews

LG DLE5977W - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for LG DLE5977W

“Great washing machine”

written by Brenna1952 on 16/11/2014

Bought in 2009 it is our first front load washing machine. Never had to fix it works great. However, after reading reviews on front loader washing and dryers I must say it is important to read the care manual and follow the directions regarding cleaning out the lint trap and pump filter on the washer. I also leave washer door open when not in use.

“Bought a top of the line LG washer. The door seal...”

written by on 22/10/2010

Bought a top of the line LG washer. The door seal leaks and after numerous promises over the last month LG has still done nothing. Stay away from this company.

“I bought (4 years ago) the dryer, washer, fridge,...”

written by on 16/09/2010

I bought (4 years ago) the dryer, washer, fridge, dishwasher, stove and microwave from LG at one time and will never buy LG again. There is no customer service and their products are no good. My dryer is making noises that tell me it's ready to quit working, the fridge has completely stopped on me twice ruining food and half the plastic pieces in the fridge has broken, the dishwasher makes load whiny noises and of course when a technician comes by it won't do it.

“I have had my dryer for a few years but the only...”

written by on 06/07/2010

I have had my dryer for a few years but the only problem I have had is with the lint tube...that thing sucks..I have more dust bunnies in the house than there are in the vent tube.. thats my only complaint but because of it I would not recommend this product...constantly cleaning up lint is a major pain in the rear...

“Ive owned the LG washer (wm2277hw) and dryer...”

written by on 03/06/2010

Ive owned the LG washer (wm2277hw) and dryer (dle5977w) for over 3 years now and Ive never had any problems. Im shocked at the other reviews. Very strange. It works perfectly. Never had any problems drying. I use it to wash all my delicates and Ive never had any "snags". Love that it comes with the removable tray for drying sweaters, etc. I dont know how anyone finds this difficult to use. You push a button and it turns on. Much more simple than old style washer & dryers with the knobs and all the little lines. I absolutely love it.

“Initially, the LG washer/dryer combo worked great. ...”

written by on 05/02/2010

Initially, the LG washer/dryer combo worked great. Although it took several hours to complete a wash/dry cycle, the machine worked well for the first 9 months. 9 months into having the machine, the drying time took several cycles, as opposed to the 1 it used to take. Long story short, we had a technician come out on 5 different occassions to "fix" the unit. Each time we called a technician out, it took 2-3 days for them to arrive and the problem was never resolved. And now for the past couple of months, the dryer portion has not worked at all. It is now FOUR months later and we STILL do not have a working dryer. LG keeps giving us the run-around telling us that they are still "processing" a reissuance.

“I purchased the washer(LG WM2277HW) and dryer(LG...”

written by on 12/08/2009

I purchased the washer(LG WM2277HW) and dryer(LG DLE5977W) over a year ago and have been happy ever since. This are sharp looking, work great and easy to use(one reviewer rated ease of use low). It doesn't have a dial that you turn to one spot like older dryers. Because of the many options it has a few rows with choices. You push the button and when the option you want is lighted you go to the next button!I rated everything except service and support... never needed any!! I'm writing a review so people are not mislead by the review I just came across. They must of had a personal issue or some how received a defective product. I just moved and want to replace the stackable washer and dryer here and am thrilled my LG's are stackable. Just looking for the kit!

“Our LG DLE5977W is not drying. worked for a week then...”

written by on 20/11/2008

Our LG DLE5977W is not drying. worked for a week then it would take up to 6 hours to dry towels. on top of that, there was water leaking out of the vent. my husband disconnected the vent and the dryer now drys in minutes. I can't understand what the problem may be.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2012

Mine does the same thing-did you find out what it was?

“The dryer only works on one setting. It has shrunk...”

written by Mirela on 18/10/2006

The dryer only works on one setting. It has shrunk many of my outfits and snagged several of my fine outfits, completely destroying them. I have had severe difficulty getting LG to address the issues with the LG DLE5977W washer dryer. I have had problems with three out of the four LG appliances I purchased within the last year. I am extremely dissatisfied. The Stainless Steel ones I purchased are absolutely beautiful, so if you just want decoration, they will do, but if you are looking for a viable appliances, please look elsewhere.

“This LG DLE5977W is my second LG dryer and it is going...”

written by Dahhaddad on 14/06/2006

This LG DLE5977W is my second LG dryer and it is going out the door. On both machines the sensor dry is not working. Have to dry all my loads on the manual time dry settings. Luckily I bought this machine from Best Buy which has a 30 day return policy. I would like my machines to match love the washer but am going for a different brand for my dryer.

“The sensor on my LG DLE5977W dryer has never worked. I...”

written by maribor on 02/06/2006

The sensor on my LG DLE5977W dryer has never worked. I bought it at Conn's. They decided my dryer vent must be stopped up so I had it cleaned. Then they said it wouldn't work if it were vented through the roof. So they came out and disconnected it so it vented into the house for a week. It still didn't work. After several months they replaced it with another which still didn't dry clothes. The only way I can get it to work is on speed dry and do 50 minutes to an hour. If clothes aren't dry, I just have to keep starting it over. When I called Conn's they talked to LG and said it was probably because of the fabric softner sheets. They said it would coat the sensor so it wouldn't work. But I don't use fabric softner. They still won't come fix it after a year and a half. Don't buy LG. You will regret it.

“LG said it is the rubber rollers inside the DLE5977W...”

written by Teya on 24/02/2006

LG said it is the rubber rollers inside the DLE5977W dryer that cool making a flat spot on the roller, which in turn makes the dryer thump until the rubber warms up. I purchased it in August 2005 and called them the same night it was installed. A service person contracted by LG did not show up to fix it until January 2006, and it is still not fixed. When I contacted LG again they said "too bad, that is just what it does" (in a nutshell). I called the department store where I purchased it, and they are trying to get a second opinion on what the problem is. As of yet, it is still not fixed.

“We purchased our LG DLE5977W washer dryer a few weeks...”

written by dmrmfc on 17/11/2005

We purchased our LG DLE5977W washer dryer a few weeks ago, and it was installed approximately 2.5 weeks ago. It worked for maybe 1 week. LG Customer Service has been less than accommodating with providing a fix. In fact, I'm looking at at least 1 more week without a useful appliance. No one has tried anything to help out with this issue. I have asked repeatedly to speak to a Supervisor or a Grievance department, but they will not transfer me or provide the appropriate information. I will never purchase a LG product again.

“The LG DLE5977W dryer has had so many service calls...”

written by Fedup on 12/09/2005

The LG DLE5977W dryer has had so many service calls that I am on a first name terms with the serviceman. LG (very rude personnel) replaced the dryer, and it works on manual dry, but the sensor is useless! You cannot depend on it to dry your clothes. Clothes come out wet in places, and overdried and wrinkled in others. My old Kenmore dried clothes better than this hunk of junk. It doesn't make sense to pay that much for a dryer with a sensor that is useless.

215813_Markus 26's Response to Fedup's Review

Written on: 02/11/2005

waiting for my sixth service call on my lg tumble dryer clothes are unbareably hot on all settings....forget about drying anything remotely delicate..........ditto last customer cannot rely on it to completly dry items..so much for top of the range!!!!