Holiday Watchdog www.holidaywatchdog.com Reviews

Holiday Watchdog www.holidaywatchdog.com
2.5

Holiday Watchdog www.holidaywatchdog.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Holiday Watchdog www.holidaywatchdog.com

“VOYAGE PRIVE RUSHED/ MAJOR MISTAKES/ AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR”

written by LP007 on 03/02/2024

This was our itinerary and the holiday cost just shy of £6000 plus the extras to pick a seat on the flights times 4 another £600 this is what we paid for. • phuket: kalima (in reality we arrived at the hotel roughly around 8am and had to wait in the foyer until 6pm for our room, and hotel was in the middle of no where on a dangerous road with no footpaths to even venture out) we were not allowed to use the facilities until we be prepared to get up early for this trip as we got no rest time. As the guides pick you up between 7-8am every morning. After such long flights 15 hours in total from the uk to thailand, if like us you had a lousy flight, due to a poor baby with an ear infection screaming the whole flight from qatar to thailand. We had chronic jet lag. So to finally get into our room and then have an early start immediately the next morning was not relaxing at all. • krabi: peace laguna resort & spa (again wake up call and trips were at 8am set off time) • khao sok: our jungle house in khaosok (treehouse or bungalow) 1:) we arrived and the hotel was not expecting us, and were fully booked. So we were kept waiting in the reception area for almost (2 hours) and finally were allocated a hotel 20 minute drive away. We were kept waiting in the reception area for 90 minutes because they did not have a room for us. And when we did get the room, it was incorrect and we left standing around for 45 minutes in the pissing rain. And when we did get our room at 3 pm we were told to be ready for 4 pm for our first excursion. And then when we got back, we told we then had to be ready for 7 pm for our night time jungle safari. Which we were led to believe was going to be in the daylight, so we didn’t really get to see much. So a pretty pointless excursion that was paid for. 2:) we had an issue in the hotel room, where there was a large hornet that we could not get out of the room that was attacking us, so we had to leave the room at midnight, which we are well aware, you do expect to have some bugs and insects when you go to somewhere like thailand. And we couldn't have breakfast because of a swarm of wasps all over the food. And, unlike the voyage prive representative that i have been speaking to since we have come back from our trip, who i might add is the most patronizing and arrogant person i’ve ever had to deal with, of the name of jennifer!! Telling me that you do expect to see bugs when you are traveling to somewhere like thailand, i’m not stupid i am well traveled. And i’m certainly not squeamish. I don’t expect to be spoken down to like i’m a child, when i’m trying to explain to someone that works for voyage prive that what should’ve been a luxury holiday, turned out to be a nightmare and over six grand lighter. • khao lak: the kalima resort & villas khao lak 1:) we arrived at this hotel after a very long day, traveling, from the excursion, and then travelling yet again, in total seven hours. When we arrived at the hotel reception, we were checked in and greeted by the staff, and they told us to enjoy our relaxation time. At this point, we were absolutely shattered because we hadn’t slept for days, because the itinerary was so jam packed, as up until this point there was no time whatsoever to relax! We were shunted from pillar to post. And was looking forward to a lay in the following day. 2:) we were woken up the next morning at 6:50 am saying that our driver was here for our excursion. At no point was we told by anyone or any notes left that we were going on an excursion the following day. The hotel manager came up to our hotel room, and i had to whatsapp all the details of our itinerary, whilst the driver was having a full-blown argument with us on the phone, and was threatening and intimidating, and had my daughter in tears, finally, the driver left, as there was no way i was going to spend a day with a male individual that had used (threatening behavior as we did not feel safe. So we missed out on a trip that we did not know we were supposed to going on the next day. i explained this to voyage prive, and her response was, it was our fault we should’ve asked! At what point is it my job as the paying customer on a luxury holiday have to do the running around finding out when and where my itinerary is, that’s the whole point of me spending thousands of pounds with a company that pride themselves on saying they take away all the work. We just enjoy the trip. An absolute joke, and yet again patronising! 3:) day we were due to fly back, yet again we were woken at 4. 50am by the driver to take us to the airport and had exactly the same issue of an arguing driver. And the hotel manager had to show him our proof of flights that were at 8. 30pm as our transfer was supposed to be at 4. 30pm. Even then they didn’t turn up and the hotel had an argument with the tour operator for khoa lak and it turned up an hour late. voyage prive’s attitude stinks.

“A week in a Dustbin is better!”

written by MartinGWillmott on 16/12/2023

Here's one to avoid..Galaxy holidays. They all use fake names, they write their own reviews. They sent us to the hotel from hell in Marmaris, Turkey. Miles from the resort and to a place which looked like a down town slum from a war zone. Within 2 hours of arriving at the "Grand Villa Sol apartments" as it's called we had dumped the bags and gone out in search of food, fended off 2 muggers and returned. On our return the state of the place became immediately apparent. Cupboard doors, hanging off, filth everywhere, holes in sheets, blood stained mattresses, no working aircon, no working TV, bare wires protruding from walls, electrical outlets actually inside the shower (which we didn't use) after itching for a couple more hours we walked out, dumping the key on the desk. We walked for about 2 more hours to the resort area where I paid for a decent hotel. from that point on the holiday was great until it came to getting home. despite telling galaxy holidays what had happened and where we were they failed to get us transferred to the airport so I had to get a taxi. My only regret is I didn't get more photos of that hell hole hotel but we were too concerned with getting out of there. Galaxy Holidays absolutely refuse to refund part of the holiday despite the fact that every part of it they arranged was vile and horrible, even the flight was awful! They claim your holiday is 100% financially protected via the ATOL scheme. This is wrong, ATOL is only for flights if the company goes bust and I'm not even sure they are a member of that, they don't display their membership number. In Summary, I would rather spend a week in a dustbin outside a food outlet than go on a holiday with Galaxy holidays.

“Tiny room”

written by Rodgers232 on 19/10/2023

Holiday was spoilt by the tiny 2bedroom apt at Donna Amalia kassiopi with jet 2 I booked on the belief from reviews that APTS were big no where did jet 2 inform that I may get a dark tiny not room to swing a cat apt it ruined our holiday other APTS on site were huge

“Avoid at all costs if you value your sleep ”

written by VincenzoB on 16/04/2023

Cennet Life Otel Fethiye Turkey . Stay here if you like going to bed at 2 o’clock every morning at up at 6am . The walls are so thin it’s like there are none doors banging chairs dragging across the floor shouting ,you can even here when there on the toilet.we were there first 2 weeks of April 2023 .only 23 rooms half were taken so not a lot of people for how noisy it was .all Turkish we were the only English ..we moved rooms but still the same ,dread to think what it’s like in the summer terrible.we never had a full nights sleep once .There are dogs in the rooms . Beds are so uncomfortable saggy in the middle. Breakfast is just catered for the Turkish people. Not even toast .bread and cheese olives. The good points were lots of hot water nice shower,bus stop out side the hotel . Reception staff were very pleasant not a lot of English spoken.

“Barnes Brinkcraft, Wroxham,Norwich,Norfolk. Norfolk...”

written by raymarjadam on 22/08/2017

Boats Hired-Romany 1-Romany 2-Moorhen.Barnes Brinkcraft Boating Holiday – 05.08.2017 to 12.08.2017 Boat - Romany 1 Day 1 – Sat 05.08.2017 – Raining quite heavily when we arrived I got saturated by the rain, it did not help any that it took 3 attempts to find Romany 1 boat. Boat was leaking in every cabin and seating area. Drawers were smelling when we came to put our clothes in them. We all used toilets at pub we stoped at to have a meal. Day 2 – Sun -06.08.2017 – when we had settled in we became aware of the terrible smell through out the boat. The toilets were inadequate – deplorable – Toilet seat too small to do your business on – Sanitation was unhealthy. Boat appeared it had not been cleaned before we got it. Rain started again at night time. Day 3 – Mon – 07.08.2017 – rained all day adding to our problems. For a boat it leaked every where, [thought boats were supposed to be water proof]. [Stupid me]. Day 4 – Tues – 08.08.2017 – Raining again Front Cabin getting worst + the Smell. Day 5 – Wed – 09.08.2017 – One of the kids birthday today, we were planning all kinds for his special day but every one was to wet and cold to get in the swing of it.Someone told us about Waverley camp site, so we went there and had a great time [nice and dry]. The family in the front cabin hired a YURT Tent for a £100 for the night just to have somewhere dry. Day 6 – Thur – 10.08.2017 – Stopped raining [am], we all decided to go home a day early because of conditions. Day 7 – Fri – 11.08.2017 – Mini Bus coming 2pm to take us home. Barnes Brinkcraft kept saying SORRY – SORRY – SORRY. This holiday was a get together of our family who we dont see very often which was destroyed by the boat we hired for a week. My sister and her husband plus his family were on Romany 2, they had the same problems as us. My Son and his wife had same problems - Moorhen THESE 3 BOATS SHOULD NOT BE FOR HIRE TO ANYONE. Barnes Brinkcraft should hang there HEADS IN SHAME. The Broads are wonderful shame about the boats. My experience is based on the boats not the broads which I loved. The Holiday was TERRIBLE,HORRID

“Park Hotel Illford (London)UK.Never Again”

written by Ninja99 on 18/08/2017

Pre-paid n Confirmed reservation-non refundable- for 3 in writing n via telephone. Tossed to and from Park Hotel n sister Cranbrook Hotel (older accommodation).No wi-fi n defective facilities: bath, stairs, lighting, etc.(In Cranbrook Hotel) Magically, n after various W/A to agent, room found in Park Hotel(told before room inundated) Surprise ; thrown into room for 2 w/bed added. Difficult to move, mirror annulled. Bath/toilet for midgets.3 envelopes of shampoo n tiny soap : free toiletries. Breakfast same every day. View :Backyard. Holiday ruined. Official reclamation lodged with authorities. Travelled from Spain : legnth of stay 6 days.

“Holiday nightmare”

written by KillianHood on 24/04/2014

We booked a holiday with teletextt holidays on the 5th of march 2014 . When we got back from our holiday on the 12 of march we checked our bank statement for some items we had purchesed in lanzarote , hotel Hesperia , only to find that the hotel had taken £800 out of our account , when we contacted the hotel , they told us the company that teletext had used to book the holiday had gone bust , so they took the money out of our account which was an illegal transaction , we got on to teletext and they told us because the hotel had taken the money it was up to us to get it back , they then agreed after weeks of emails and wanting receipts from the hotel to pay us back that was last week it is now the 23 of April and we are still waiting . Paul v

“good job people ”

written by Nicolel329 on 04/04/2014

jist checking the system works

“pinata club hotel”

written by angel61 on 18/09/2013

I have just got back from this hotel it is dirty the staff are lazy and just don't care we got there on the 3 of September we had to wait 3 hours before we even got a room same had to wait 24 hours the staff are all young and have not got a clue what they are doing we had a bed change 2 times in 2 weeks the sheets she put on the bed was still wet I went down to the reception and said we have had wet sheet put on our beds and the reply was so that really made me mad the food was yuk we had Brussels for breakfast we had cat poo on our balconey the toilets round the pool had poo and wee every where the only thing that was good was the grounds other then that it needs to be shut down before some one gets hurt or very ill there was 6 adults and 2 kids it cost as 4000.00 to go to a toilet the lifts was bad kids where in it and it stopped and drop 3 floors they where ok this tme also there was two stabbings there and a Russian though everything out of his room the telly the fridge the sink the whole room was smashed there was always rows there never again will I go to the pineta club hotel its a hell hole

“paid for service i did not receive ”

written by donpsam on 26/11/2012

Booked a holiday to Cyprus with Flightline.co.uk paid over £90.00 extra for sea view, on arrival was informed their was no sea view rooms available & that Flightline.co.uk should of checked before excepting my booking. Complained to Flightline on returning from my holiday on 15/10/2012, emailed them again on 19/11/2012 still waiting for reply, seem quick to take your money but as yet no sign of them returning it.

“Excellent is all I can say”

written by morganelliot on 02/01/2012

I will definitely recommend them. They have entertainments laid on during the day with quizzes, archery, walks, indoor curling amongst others. Entertainment every night by house band and team was excellent,albeit rather noisy on the last night towards the end. Food was good, especially Oliver's Bistro, where the staff was even better. Definitely recommend

“john fowler holidays”

written by joanneclissold on 10/11/2011

sandaway holiday park (john fowler holidays) what a fantastic holiday park a perfect location in north devon a very friendly park where the staff go the extra mile to ensure you have a wonderful time during your stay.it is a small park and during the late season is very quite but if thats what your looking for this is the place for you.in a prime position for local attractions a wonderful shopping experience can be had in barnstaple where every day there is a pannier market each day there are different stalls to browse your way around.this part of devon has so much to offer you'd be mad to miss it,wonderful countryside brilliant people,beautiful beaches.sandaway is situated in coombe martin which is a small coastal haven with plenty of places for both adults and children to explore it also boasts a wildlife and dinosaur park which is well worth a visit this park is no more than 10 minutes from the holiday park,illfracombe is about 15 minutes away and from there you can take a boat on a coastal wildlife trip so all i can say is what are you waiting for.

“If you are looking for a cheap and reliable travel...”

written by alanshort on 12/04/2011

If you are looking for a cheap and reliable travel company, I would like to recommend Ola Holidays as weve only been away with them once but we found their prices really good, and what you see is what you get. The only problem we had was that the children's mini club wasn't open as much of the time as we had hoped, but still the kids enjoyed splashing about in the pool or bashing each other in the playground, but this wasn't Ola's fault it was the hotel we chose. Next time we will make sure before we go.

“Ola Holidays, Absolute nightmare, I booked and paid in...”

written by martinja1 on 25/11/2010

Ola Holidays, Absolute nightmare, I booked and paid in full using visa credit card in May 2010 for all inclusive to Turkey. Ola Holidays took my payment then in July notified me that my flight (Ola Holiday had booked) had gone bust. Ola Holidays offered me an alternative flight for £400.00 extra, I declined this offer. I requested a full refund in July 2010, this is now towards the end of November 2010 and I have still not received any of my money refunded. I have complained to ABTA, ATOL and Barclaycard and have had minimal to no assistance from any of these. I have raised complaints with ABTA and Barclaycard, still no joy and no refund. BEWARE - AVOID OLA HOLIDAYS. Their customer aftercare is Rubbish.

“Pineta club hotel is dirt and the shower was all...”

written by kevinday on 09/09/2010

Pineta club hotel is dirt and the shower was all mounldy and the beds sheets had all yellow markes my son and her sister got stuck in the lift for an hour they did not come and get them out they press the botton 10 times.and there is more then this we where told this was a 4* but i am rated this hotel as a 1* and if you go all incvie the ice creams are not in with it nor the gym and all the other things.THIS HOTEL SHOUNLD BE SHUT DOWN.WE HAVE PHOTOS OF THE BAD THINGS.MRS AND MR DAY

“ We took out car hire with holiday autos, 15th June...”

written by on 11/07/2010

We took out car hire with holiday autos, 15th June 2010, as we did previously in 2008 when holidaying in Italy. We paid Total damage Waiver at cost of £60+ to cever all costs. Arrived in Faro to be informed by europacar our TDW was invalid in their country, we had to pay a further 13.50 euros a DW, cover that we had already paid direct to Holiday Autos in the uk.

this car hire company should inform all parties that TDW is not valid in pORTUGAL
Do not book through this car hire company, they rip you off

“we were on the grand Princess cruise to the med in...”

written by gor2468scu on 10/06/2010

we were on the grand Princess cruise to the med in May, my wife caught a bug on board 3 days of cruise. quarenteen for 3 days, call the medical staff received medication and were charge $89.00through no fault of ours, this virus was rife aboard this ship. the helth practice in their Buffet were very poor, cold food, tables were spray and wipe cleanwhen become vacant. staff serley and undolant. charging different prices in all bars for the same drinks,and recipts were not given unless requested. our openion of this cruisewas ont good and would not reccomend it to any body else.
yours faithfully R Scullion

“We had such a fantastic time in Mexico Blue Bay...”

written by DGdiane on 14/03/2008

We had such a fantastic time in Mexico Blue Bay getaway that we went back the following year. Mexico is now a must at least once a year. Its one of those places once you visit you have to go back, Because everything was perfect throughout. That old saying if it aint broke don't try to fix it, well thats Mexico, Cancun because its perfect holiday so why go anywhere else. The service and set up is set out, so the only thing you have to worry about is finding time to sun bath. This is because there is so much to do out there. I have been twice and still haven't manage to do all the excursions, not through want of trying. And for those who go on holiday to relax and not lift a finger the hotel is so comfortable that it ticks all the box's in that criteria as well. Its suitable for young and old, for people who fancy a laugh and some sauce and those who want a quite one. I will point out that this hotel is adults only. The a'la carte resteraunts are a must, my personal favorite was the Chinese over looking the sea, so you can watch the sun going down whilst divulging battered ice cream and exotic cocktails. I will also say the 'Miami Vice' cocktail maybe a pretty, cute looking drink but appearances can be deceiving as this is an slush puppy cocktail, which means its a creeper, All I am going to say is I was luckily my partner was there to carry me to our room, and leave it at that. But its a must try, and is now our Mexico tradition. Swimming with the dolphins there is only one way to go and thats with dolphin discovery this tour operator has things set out perfect and the crew are amazing. One more top tip if I ain't bored you already if you go club coco bongo you must go all inclusive as otherwise you will get stung for the drink prices, but it is another must for Mexico. I suppose its alright if you going in a mini skirt and some KY. Just joking!! Seriously MEXICO, CANCUN a must!

“I was very disappointed with The Royal Albertrose...”

written by DGdiane on 11/03/2008

I was very disappointed with The Royal Albertrose Moderna considering it cost £1200 for two adults for just a week AI. The standard was appalling in my opinion, it was be no means a five star more like a 2 star for me. The bread was stale and to try and get a drink was terrible in my experience. After 24 hours I had a welcome meeting with the rep, and explained how unhappy I was with the standard of the hotel and food.I was near to tears at this point, starving hungry and told there was no hope of moving hotels, Until my partner come and spoke to the rep, £500 later and we were moved to the LTI Grand Azure. Much pleasant hotel that fitted the 5 star rating. And food that was edible. Because of this experience, would not recommend Egypt, Sharm El Sheikh to anybody.

“I found the holidaywatchdog.com site whilst looking...”

written by nogin on 26/05/2007

I found the holidaywatchdog.com site whilst looking for a review of my up and coming holiday. The reviews are very useful and informative.

There's no messy pages, and useless links that pop up from nowhere. The layout is clean and bright.

I like the forum, it's very easy to use. User friendly I would say. Nice clean pages and easy to read. The input from the forum members seems friendly and helpful.

The videos of the hotels are really useful. I like to see what the hotel looks like before I go away.

Definitely easier to use than some other sites. And free, so well worth it.

Asked by TanwirAsghar on 9th June 2023 Report this content
Hotels and cottages lock lommand in Scotland where to stay

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by jennifer1969 on 11th July 2014 Report this content
Can anybody tell me if they have been to Vasso Studios in Crete? I'm due to go in August with my mum and granddaughter. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site