Vauxhall Signum Elegance Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Vauxhall Signum Elegance - Ask a question now

“Needed a good load carrier to replace my ageing...”

written by on 09/12/2009

Needed a good load carrier to replace my ageing Mercedes E300 cdi estate and bought the Signum for less than half the money of an 05 Merc. My brother in law was sick when he realised he paid almost triple for his Audi A4 estae which is smaller. My Signum is the auto 6 speed version 1.9 cdi. Brillient engine and gearbox (tiptronic) and not bad performance for a 150 HP diesel but economy could be better. Great handling and ride. Great mile eater with all the goodies (Design model with satnav)but the best bit is the carry capacity. The extended wheelbase and one lever flatbed rear seats are brilliant. I carry band gear about on weekends and large back side doors also allow good access. Its also a pretty car. Shame about the name but I cant think of anything else that compares unless I go back to a Merc. Oh yes, now on 97,000 trouble free miles (except for broken rear door catch - electronic) with so signs of degradation. The double click unlocking is annoying, otherwsir no gripes whatsoeever. Why did Vauxhall replace it with useless looking Sigma I wonder? May upgrade to more powerful V6 dti version. Tony Mac.

“Four of us bought a Vauxhall Signum Elegance between...”

written by on 24/02/2009

Four of us bought a Vauxhall Signum Elegance between us, this is the best car I've ever bought. For 4 big lads to do 120 miles with loads of leg room and comfort it's fantastic.
I think the signum has not had the credit it deserves and is largely unknown. vauxhall should plug this car over the vectra.
If you want a family car with ton's of room buy, buy, buy. It has loads of room, fuel economy, low running costs. Only bad point is it has only 4 seats.

“Didn't really know what a Vauxhall Signum Elegance was...”

written by Winden on 26/04/2007

Didn't really know what a Vauxhall Signum Elegance was until I got it. I am very pleased with it.

“Vauxhall Signum Elegance 2.2 petrol auto. I've liked...”

written by SCOTTEX on 14/02/2006

Vauxhall Signum Elegance 2.2 petrol auto. I've liked this car since I've had it. It's smooth, quiet and refined and relatively cheap to run. Does everything its asked. I can do 500 mile days very easily with little strain on the body. Yeah, quite pleased with it.

“I've privately owned the Vauxhall Signum 3.0 V6 Turbo...”

written by mmbrad on 05/12/2005

I've privately owned the Vauxhall Signum 3.0 V6 Turbo diesel and found it very economical ,probablly due to the 6 sp gearbox, the peformance is great. Only needs a small squirt of the throttle to leave most stuff behind you on the motorways. My car is a bit of a harder ride than usual due to being lowered but I've done 65 thousand miles in just under two years trouble free...and servicing is only every 30 k miles....