Mamas & Papas Ultima 3 in 1 on Excel Chassis Reviews

Mamas and Papas Ultima 3 in 1 on Excel Chassis - Ask a question now

“I wish these reviews had been available when I bought...”

Written on: 20/09/2009

I wish these reviews had been available when I bought this mamas and papas ultima 3 in 1 on excel chassis travel system - we have also had problems with excel chassis which also broke at U bar. Had planned to use this travel system for both kids. I loved the pram but as my first daughter grew I had to move to regular buggy within 6 months as pushchair too cumbersome for day to day use. On getting out for number two spotted that U bar was split. Mamas and Papas again not interested. Rest of… Read Full Review

“I'm writing to trading standards about the Mamas and...”

Written on: 07/01/2009 by unstrungmommy (1 review written)

I'm writing to trading standards about the Mamas and Papas Ultima 3 in 1 on Excel Chassis as my u bar has broken off. ok things happen with prams i get that but my pram is never collapsed (i have a van) and also use a buggy when in city so its not used in the extreme sense. i love the feeling of pushing it but have to oil the wheels after rain otherwise its embarrassing. (everyone looks to see where the squeak comes from). love the system but next time maybe choose another chassis… Read Full Review

“Bitterly disappointed with chassis and attitude of...”

Written on: 06/06/2007 by mbaker (1 review written)

Bitterly disappointed with chassis and attitude of Mamas and Papas to my concerns. Had to fight my corner, and I have still not had a satisfactory explanation for the break, other than the technical department have put it down to "misuse". Unbelievable! I have only been using the Mamas and Papas Ultima 3 in 1 on Excel Chassis for 10 months. It is such an expensive travel system anyway, and it just shouldn't happen at that price. More importantly, I think it's highly dangerous, and I am… Read Full Review

301216_Kdolly's Response to mbaker's Review

Written on: 29/07/2007

My Ultima Excel chassis broke after a few weeks of use, and I had bought it when they first came out. Mamas and Papas tried to say I misused it, which was ridiculous, as my baby was premature and tiny, and I had to fight to even get it repaired for free. I was so unhappy with the customer service, it put me off the whole pram, so I reluctantly sold it.

Read 1 Comment

“The baby can be forward or rear facing in the Mamas...”

Written on: 25/09/2006 by jasondonaldson (1 review written)

The baby can be forward or rear facing in the Mamas and Papas Ultima 3in1 on Excel Chassis, however, the ubar on the chassis has split twice in under 9 months of use. Guarantee is a paltry 6 months on a £500 pram. There is a £50 charge to repair and both times it has been returned, I have seen another Excel Chassis awaiting repair for the same fault. Looks are stylish but unfortunately this is a very shoddy product. The 6 months guarantee shows little faith in a product of this… Read Full Review

“In the excitement of first pregnancy I thought the...”

Written on: 16/08/2006 by busey (1 review written)

In the excitement of first pregnancy I thought the Ultimo would be everything we would need and grandparents to be were edging us towards conventional pram so as they were paying we thought this would be a compromise - Don't compromise on your travel system!
The carry cot was brilliant as my baby's first bed - roomy, comfy with good back adjustments. The excel chassis was great in all weathers and the adjustable height of the handle was a great feature for my hubby who is much taller! I found… Read Full Review

“Unfortunately I have been very disappointed with my...”

Written on: 06/09/2005 by DMack (1 review written)

Unfortunately I have been very disappointed with my Mamas and Papas Ultima 3 in 1, and the Excel chassis. Although my friend has another chassis, which works well for her (the classic silver chrome one?) I wish I'd known M&P only offer a 6 month warranty- I only started using the 3rd part of the travel system (the stroller) at around 5 months.
I love the security of hearing a 'click' as you attach parts, so you know they are on safely, but does the hood really have to click with each… Read Full Review

Natalie0712's Response to 209151_DMack's Review

Written on: 16/10/2005

hi there , i have just read your comment about the mamas and papas problems you have been having and my nephews 3in1 chassis is the exact same the hub caps fall off all the time need to oil wheels constantly and there is very limited space for shopping in the basket because the rain cover doesnt stay on the pram at all times cos it gets tangled up that takes up most of the room in the basket....i am now expecting a child and know from my sisters experience with her mamas and papas pram that i will not be buying anything from them...also after wiping the fabric with a damp cloth like it tells you to the fabric then went all discoloured and faded looking and mamas and papas told us there was nothing they were willing to do about it i find this totally shocking!!!

Dkidd's Response to 209151_DMack's Review

Written on: 20/09/2006

I also have a Mamas and Papas Excel chassis and the cross bar or u-bar also broke. I got a loan chassis from the shop whilst my pram went for repair and the exact same fault happened with this also! It is a fault in relation to the rivets used to attach the u-bar to the chassis. My pram was just over 6 months old when this happened but because it is a manufacturing fault I got it repaired free of charge. This pram cost a lot of money and I still feel that it has not been repaired entirely to my satisfaction. I will be contacting Trading Standards regarding this.

Read 2 Comments