Breasley Flexcell Memory Mattress Reviews

Breasley Flexcell Memory Mattress - Ask a question now

“Breasley flexcell 1000 memory foam materess”

Written on: 20/08/2017 by 367Crawford (1 review written)

If I could have given this 0* that would still not be right should be -0 it has to be the worst purchase I have ever bought. I saved for a year. Did my home work. And bought it in 2015. My sleep has never been the same since. I roll in to the middle every night and have to fight to get out, it just sinks in the middle. It's hot uncomfortable so I move to the other end to cool off, then wake back up in the middle again, I try to balance myself on the edge and my hip hurts. I put pillows down… Read Full Review

“Worst mattress I have ever (tried) too sleep on!”

Written on: 04/07/2017

After firstly being delivered the wrong mattress totally ( this was a memory foam one) I went to Boamont Beds to explain I didn't like the mattress taking my shape as when I moved I could still feel where I had been and it was uncomfortable. I was told " You will have no problem with the Amour Athena as is very firm foam." How wrong they were . I was stupid to trust sales people. This is a company affiliated with Land of Oak. I had to sleep on my floor last night as I was in so much pain. I… Read Full Review

“Customer device appealing left disabled child without bed”

Written on: 02/02/2017 by Levihart (1 review written)

I was waiting for delivery of 2 mattresses on 1/2/2017 they never arrived I had taken away old mattresses when I recived a text saying they will be delivered between 15.03 and18.03 when I enquired as to why I get passed from pillar to post this company blame deliverers knowing xdp are a joke of a company and get no help except told they will be here on Friday the 3/2/2017 great next day delivery device NOT refuse to refund the money saying it was the bed centers fault and get money back from… Read Full Review

“Rip off. Made by Slave labourers”

Written on: 11/04/2015 by blBarnett335 (1 review written)

Utter waste of £400. Probably made by Slave labourers. And big wig management pushing out orders... Never again will I buy this cheap rubbish over priced garbage mattress. Don't waste your money… Read Full Review

“Poor excuse for a mattress”

Written on: 24/11/2014

I never liked the mattress. I found my hip sunk in raising my legs uncomfortably high. But my wife was happy with it. The salesman said don't sit on the sides as this can make the mattresss sag. We avoid this, but it is hard to do! Clearly the side with more traffic is sagging. The worst thing 3-4 years on is the foam top has split in multiple places, on both sides. We are less than 80kg, so pretty normal. Will see if the 5 yr guarantee is up for it, but I don't want a replacement!… Read Full Review

Angry60's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2015

22months my daughter had her Breasley mirage mattress. Foam top split across in mutiple places and the length of the mattress. Sent email with photographs not response after 3 days so phoned them. Told if my daughter cannot produce the receipt there is nothing they can do as it could be any mattress from any manufacturer. How many 18 year old's keep receipts

“Firm and moulds well”

Written on: 03/09/2014

I researched memory foam mattresses to a great extent before taking the plunge. I short listed manufacturers down to 2- ergo flex and breasley. I opted for Breasley as it is manufactured in the UK and have not been disappointed. I would recommend this mattress especially to the heavier user as it responds well and recovers shape quickly. I am hoping to retain this quality for at least 5 years and anything longer will be a bonus… Read Full Review

“Breasley Flexcell 1000 sags, guarantee worthless”

Written on: 18/06/2014

We purchased a kingsize Flexcell 1000 mattress in December 2009. It was a very expensive mattress (we paid £580) and so expected it to a) be very comfortable and b) last for years. I have found it to be comfortable BUT only when I am on my own in the bed sleeping on one side. As soon as my partner gets in the bed on the other side I roll into the centre. He is of average weight and height so this should not happen. I either have to lie on my back right at the edge of the bed in order not to… Read Full Review

Linswh's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2017

I have exact same one, and exact same problem. Bought mine in 2015. It's horrible. I saved for a year to buy it. Gutted. My back kills me trying to stop myself rolling into the middle. My hip hurt where I have to sleep on the edge, it's a balancing act all through the night. Sleep is suffering bad, but cannot afford another so I am suffering with it

Read 1 Comment

“Avoid unless you want roll together guaranteed!”

Written on: 21/03/2014 by 252McKenzie (1 review written)

I purchased a Breasley Flexcell 2000 pocket sprung mattress in November 2013 and subsequently had to contact the supplier to complain about it's effectiveness. I sent a plethora of photos as evidence and when I did eventually receive a reply from Breasley it was not only derisive but they would not accept that there was a problem. I returned this email with further evidence but they have not even deemed this worthy of a reply which is not only annoying but very poor customer service. So, for… Read Full Review

Philbridlington's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2014

your initial complaint should be to the seller who by law are obliged to deal with and settle your complaint. If justified it is their legal responsibility to replace or refund to you. You do not have to deal with the manufacturer. Sale of goods act I am sure covers this. Speak to trading standards.

Read 1 Comment

“Sags in all the worst places”

Written on: 12/12/2013 by SideSleeper (1 review written)

STAY AWAY. The zoned 'memory foam' means that the mattress sags really deeply at your hips, while elevating your torso and legs. This pushes your spine out of alignment and leaves you waking up in agony. Also, the foam doesn't adapt to your contours. It just sags like an old worn out mattress. Ordered the 1600 pocket memory for €500 from beds.ie because I was sleeping on the couch and didn't want to wait two weeks. But vacuum packing seems to be another way to scam - you can't test the… Read Full Review

“Never again!”

Written on: 30/08/2012

I ordered a Breasley pocket sprung mattress and was advised that I would have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive as it was for a European double bed. My husband took the day off work to be home for the delivery as we live in an upstairs flat. After waiting in most of the day, I called Breasley to check on the progress of the delivery. They contacted the couriers to be told that the mattress was 'missing', however it would most likely turn up on Monday sometime. I was very unhappy about this so… Read Full Review

Breasley's Comment

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you had with delivery of your mattress. August is one of our busiest months and 7 to 10 days was our standard lead time.

We are constantly trying to develop our business and recently we have improved tracking of our home delivery service in conjunction with our chosen courier company.

Read 1 Comment

“Breasley Flexcell Pocket 1000”

Written on: 03/10/2011 by master22 (4 reviews written)

After having a bad experience with a silentnight brand mattress, I did a lot of searching for a better mattress firm. I came across breasley. I called them and asked questions about the quality of their mattresses. They were helpfull enough and told me they make good quality mattresses plus, the warranty covered sagging. So Looked around the internet and purchase a breasley flexcell pocket 1000, from beds on legs. First thing breasley had done, were send the mattress with someone else's… Read Full Review

Breasley's Response to master22's Review

Written on: 19/10/2011

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have had with your mattress. The attachment of an incorrect delivery note is inexcusable. We are currently in the process of streamlining our dispatch process, which will reduce the human interaction required when marrying delivery notes to products thereby eliminating the chance of this happening again.

The design of our mattresses is kept simple but with the highest quality materials so that we may provide a high quality product at an affordable price. Yes, the product is constructed using pocket springs surrounded by a foam shell but this construction has been used for several years and after thousands of sales we have less than a 1% returns ratio. We are constantly trying to improve the construction of our mattresses and recently we decided to include an interliner, which adds an additional layer of protection between the foam and metal springs.

I’m also sorry to hear your mattress has started to dip. You should have received our standard mattress product guarantee with your delivery, which states that we will replace any mattress which has sagged more than 2cm not 2 inches. If your mattress has sagged more than 2cm then we will be happy to replace it with one of our latest models, which will include an interliner.

Please contact us again and ask for the customer services manager and we will do our best resolve any issues you have.

Master22's reply to Breasley's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2012

I have only just noticed this response today 24-10-12 and contacted Breasley on 01629 821510.

I contacted them to take up their offer of a replacement and pointed them to this review and their response by Breasley. Breasley deny or refuse to admit, that they responded to my reviews and that also means, the other review they responded to as well. Well I don’t believe them or they are covering something up.

I think review centre needs to look into this and they can determine who wrote these responses, by checking if the IP addresses came from Breasley. Not impressed and was basically told, go back to the retailer.

Breasley's reply to Master22's Comment

Dear Customer,

The response was written by a Breasley employee. It was written by me and I've worked here for 10 years. Nobody is trying to cover anything up. The customer services manager you spoke to yesterday explained this when you called. She also explained that in order to exchange a product you must report the problem to the retailer where you purchased your mattress.

We have been a respected UK manufacturer for over 35 years and we take great pride in our products and customer service.

If you wish to talk to me, please call customer services once more and ask for Mike.

Read 3 Comments

“We bought a salus memory foam pocket 1200 mattress two...”

Written on: 21/01/2011

We bought a salus memory foam pocket 1200 mattress two weeks ago and although it is very comfortable it gives off an unpleasant odour.
Has any one else experienced this?… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2011

We have had exactly the same problem with a salus 1500, The manufacturers claim that the smell will dissipate after 2 weeks. Obviously not your experience? How is it now? It seems wrong to market a product with this problem.

Petethefeat's Comment

Written on: 07/10/2014

I have had a Breasley Salus Memory Foam 1500 for 2 1/2 years which has made my wife and I I'll. We believe that it is producing toxic fumes. I read an article on this recently on Dr Mercolas health website and that is what made me realise it was the mattress causing our problems. Since then we have wrapped the mattress in plastic sheeting and left our bedroom window open and our symptoms have disappeared. The symptoms were, difficulty thinking clearly (foggy headed) dizziness, watering eyes, tinnitus, and feeling generally very unwell. I have been to the doctor over this a number of times over the period we have owned the mattress and had a number of blood tests but they don't test for toxins just for diabetes ect. We have now ordered a mattress made from natural materials from another company and have asked Breasley for a full refund of £495 for the cost of the mattress, they have refused. I told them that if they did not settle this without delay I would be issuing a small claims court summons and will include pain and suffering up to the maximum £5000, which I am about to do.

Helen01476's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2012

We have also bought a Breasley Flexcell Mattress and yes we are expriencing the same problem. We have had it 3 weeks and doesn't seem to be getting any better :-(

Breasley's Comment

Dear Customer,

A slight odor from vacuum packed foam mattresses is normal as the foam used is only a few days old when it is sealed in the packaging. Please rest assured that it is non toxic and completely harmless. If you leave your mattress unpacked and in a well ventilated room for a couple of weeks the smell should disappear. If you continue to have problems after a few weeks then please contact either your retailer or our customer services department and we will do our best to resolve your issues.

Read 4 Comments

“I bought a Flexcell Next Generation about 3 years ago...”

Written on: 21/10/2010

I bought a Flexcell Next Generation about 3 years ago from an online store and it's been fantastic. I have never suffered with back problems and only bought this on recommendation from my family. Anyone who has slept in my bed (not too many people) has asked me where they can buy a similar mattress!… Read Full Review

“very very dissapointing! Had a memeory foam mattress...”

Written on: 23/07/2010

very very dissapointing! Had a memeory foam mattress from same company a while back and it all caved in and sank in the middle, didn't get a replacemant. however a few years on, after researching prices online went with another flexcell 25 evo as the price was middle of the road and seemed very fair! the same happened again within 1 night of laying on it! gave me a very sore back as you find yourself laying in a u shaped dip all night! They said its very unusual to have this problem, but from… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 10/05/2012

I found exactly the same with this mattress which cost over £400, money I can't afford to lose, but can't sleep on it.
Bought Oct 2011

Read 1 Comment

“What a Fool I was..... I bought a memory mattress and...”

Written on: 06/07/2010 by Frankly Speaking (1 review written)

What a Fool I was..... I bought a memory mattress and it came with a free cool cover, Cool thats a joke !! Let me explain, have you ever stayed at a friends or familys house, and they give you the foam pillows to sleep on ? and your head gets hot and you keep turning the pillow over, you get the idea ? Well the mattress is the same, but its a bit more harder to turn the mattress over and over, You sweat like mad! in the summer months, its uncomfortable,its hot and in my experience a bad… Read Full Review

“Bought a Flexcell memory foam mattress topper to help...”

Written on: 17/10/2009 by melitagorman (1 review written)

Bought a Flexcell memory foam mattress topper to help me sleep-its had the opposite effect, making not only my hips hurt but my back ache! Within a few days its become lumpy and no amount of smoothing mad it any better! I returned the first one only to find that the second one was actually worse, was lumpy on the first night. When I phoned the supplier to complain again,I was told that the original topper had been returned to the manufacturer who had found no fault and that it must be my bed… Read Full Review

“The breasley flexcell memory foam mattress is very...”

Written on: 07/05/2009

The breasley flexcell memory foam mattress is very poor quality, probably not the worst mattress we have ever bought, but close. Its very hard compared to other foam mattresses I have slept on and really takes some getting used to… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The breasley flexcell memory foam mattress is...”

Written on: 08/04/2009 by mavisio (1 review written)

The breasley flexcell memory foam mattress is absolutely poor quality, the worst mattress we have ever bought. An expensive lesson, never ever again!, the mattress collapsed wihtin 4 months… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The first Breasley Flexcell Memory Mattress lasted 11...”

Written on: 03/11/2008

The first Breasley Flexcell Memory Mattress lasted 11 months and the second mattress lasted 10 months. Never again, I would not recommend it. I do not believe we were just `unlucky`. My Husband and myself are no over weight people, but we`re told this should not have mattered. The mattresses had the same fault, it just caved in where the body part slept giving incorrect posture. We have never suffered from back pain before but we did on these 2 ocassions. Its been horrendous… Read Full Review

“Very happy, I bought my Breasley 500 Memory Foam...”

Written on: 16/12/2007 by glenpab7 (1 review written)

Very happy, I bought my Breasley 500 Memory Foam Mattress from the internet. I think you are always taking a chance when buying something unseen but this has paid off. My life has changed since the arrival of my new Breasley 500 Memory Foam Mattress. It was delivered vacuum packed and we left it a day to come to its normal shape and I loved it from then on. 90% of my back pain has gone and my wife's hip problem has disappeared altogether. It the best sleep we've ever had… Read Full Review