Mothercare Trenton Travel System Reviews

Mothercare Trenton Travel System
Mothercare Trenton Travel System

“do not buy!”

Written on: 11/03/2013

Worst pushchair I have ever had! I brought this before my little one was born he is 17 months old now. I remember crying the day I brought him home from hospital as he looked so uncomfortable in his car seat that was provided with it. Found the pushchair too bulky to pull out and put up, heavy to pull in and out of the boot. The wheel actually broke off whilst trying to fit it into the boot. Its hard to store, and it feels like your pushing a bus around because its so big compared to other pushchairs.

“Best value for money”

Written on: 02/01/2013 by mills_Singapore (1 review written)

We just got the stroller and we are loving it. Very safe and solid for long travel as well as many accessories available covering any age group. Good buy.

“loved this buggy”

Written on: 23/06/2012

i love this buggy , very reliable , came with loads of accessories , easy to put up and down , comfy , sheltered , sturdy , very happy with it xx

“regretted buying this ”

Written on: 18/05/2012

I stupidly didn't do any research on buying a travel system and just picked this one out because it looked sturdy and was in black. Regretted it as soon as I took it home. When using it as a pram it was very difficult to pull into the proper position, was hard to get around in and was very ugly, as a buggy it is easy to put up and down. It was so much hassle to use in pram mode that we only used it a couple of times until she was old enough for the buggy. Had to use a sling until then because we couldn't afford a different pram. It's horribly bulky which makes it very difficult trying to navigate narrow spaces, need an empty car boot to be able to fit buggy into it, is heavy to carry when putting it away, baby outgrew the carseat by four months and really doesn't look great.

“Brought for my son, car seat and carry cot insert are...”

Written on: 08/12/2010 by lucymole (1 review written)

Brought for my son, car seat and carry cot insert are great. Only use for school runs and shopping. When my son was 17 months old i was walking out at the shops and the front wheel snaped off. Mothercare wanted me to pay £65 to get it fixed. Also at 17 moths old the straps on the buggy where getting tight for my son so we broungt a new stroller.

“I've got the Mothercare Trenton Deluxe Travel System...”

Written on: 07/12/2010

I've got the Mothercare Trenton Deluxe Travel System and absolutely LOVE IT!!!

I will say though, if you're after a lightweight pram, and you need to get on and off the bus a lot, then this probably isn't the pram for you.

I love it because it is big, bulky, sturdy, well built and therefore I feel it's perfectly safe for my little one. I don't like flimsy prams so this is perfect for me and my family....and everybody I know who has had a push also love it!

It's big and comfortable for my little one. It has lots included in the package. It's made by Graco, AND it's a great price when you compare it to other travel systems.

....anyway, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

“The mothercare Trenton deluxe travel system is an...”

Written on: 10/11/2010

The mothercare Trenton deluxe travel system is an AWFUL choice of buggie!
i bought this last june, was barely three months pregnant, and felt pressued into buying this pushchair. threats like "theres not many left, you will need to get it sooner rather than later" and "if you get it todsay hteres 10% off and the sale wont be guarenteed to be still on when your next instore" etc, you get the picture.. ANYWAY i cant drive and i will be likely to pushing the buggy alone, and i use public transport practically everyday. i was told this buggie is perfect for me, its easy to fold and carry with baby in one arm and everything else in the other.
WRONG baby was barely 3months old before i bought a new buggie. NOT SUITABLE whatsoever for my reasons and lifestyle!
NIGHTMARE BUGGIE! DO NOT BUY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.. TOO HEAVY TOO LARGE TOO WIDE.. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!

Qtdaniel85's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2011

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>The review is based on the buying experiance and the personal circumstances of the person writing the review rather than the performance of the item itself

Read 1 Comment

“Very comfortable but havy, good price. in use for 3...”

Written on: 28/07/2010 by beataschulz (1 review written)

Very comfortable but havy, good price. in use for 3 years years, still good

“We brought this travel system for my first child who...”

Written on: 27/05/2010

We brought this travel system for my first child who is now three and I have also used it for my second who is now 10 mths. For the first year its a brilliant system and the car seat is comfortable. I have successfuly removed and wash all the covers to it and it has proved to be very reliable. The only downside to it is that it is so big when folded, I have a xsara saloon and it lays flat in the boot but with no room for anything else. Mine has got wet and thrown around now for 3 years and is still in perfect working order. But with all the stuff I have to take to places with me I have had to buy a smaller folding stroller, there is so much that I will miss about this (the large shopping basket and all the pockets and cup holder etc.) I will deffinately keep it for days out and long walks. I have deffinately got my moneys worth out of it and have enjoyed using it. I would think that it would be a good system to have if you had a dog, just because it is so easy to push with one hand and is so sturdy and stable.

“I bought the trenton deluxe from mothercare last year...”

Written on: 29/07/2009

I bought the trenton deluxe from mothercare last year in June. I had stopped using it by December. It is in no way compact or easy to use. I have a Vauxhall meriva and had to remove the parcel shelf to get it in and then there is no room for anything else. My son was only 4lbs when he was born and by 6 months the car seat and carry cot were rendered useless. The pram is very heavy, don't be fooled pushing it in the shop, it's a different story with a baby in it. I read reviews on this before I bought it and thought some people were being harsh - trust me they are not. My pram is also rusting round the front wheels. I did return to mothercare about the car seat not fitting my son even though he was only around 14lbs and they refused to give me details of whom I should contact about this. The straps in the pram are sewn in and with the footmuff on they are limited as to how long they will last. please save your money for something else!!!

“Both my children have enjoyed using this pushchair it...”

Written on: 04/06/2009 by kmlevy123 (4 reviews written)

Both my children have enjoyed using this pushchair it is comfortable well sprung and roomy, with the good sized storage. BUT and this is a big but.. I bought my pushchair three years ago just before the birth of my son and when he was 1 year a front wheel snapped off (neither of my children are big in any way and the pavements being used at the time were tarmac and smooth). This was repaired, then shortly after the birth of my daughter we swapped to a old well used double buggy given to us by a friend, this wasn't much after it had been repaired (this has never given any family any problems much less wheels snapping off). Then recently we started using our Trenton again - after approx. 3-4 months of actual use since the initial repair - once again a front wheel snapped off - they did replace both front wheels the first time. I have since been informed that although the wheel design has changed they only hold spare parts for 1 year!!! I can understand that if there was a fault that they would changed the wheel design but you think then they'd definitely hold more stock!!! Mothercare have been most unhelpful and even taken to ignoring my calls - they still have my pram and money for a new wheel - as they had taken my order. How long do you expect to use your pram, how many children would you like to have, I think if a washing machine at a similar price broke down you'd be pretty sickened if no spare parts were available after 1 year - you never know the design could be changed the month after you purchase yours. Be warned - I will never again recommend mothercare for any items that need to be sturdy and used for long periods!!
PS I tried to leave a review on their website ref. it being comfortable etc.. but wheels tend to snap off... but they have refused to publish it twice!! It would appear they don't want people to know of real problems. I have also noticed another review that mentions the wheels!

B1Uebear's Response to kmlevy123's Review

Written on: 07/05/2010

I also had both front wheels snap off at different times leaving me stranded with shopping and baby! When I tried to get replacements I had to have different coloured wheels which took approx 1 month to come, then I had to fix it myself! I agree about it being heavy to use and mostly use a small buggy now my little boy is 2. I would definitely recommend new mums to buy a very light buggy/stroller as long as it lies flat for small babies, you can use them for much longer.

Read 1 Comment

“I brought this Mothercare Trenton Travel System buggy...”

Written on: 08/05/2009

I brought this Mothercare Trenton Travel System buggy with my first son and although idoes have good points it just wasnt practical. It was heavy to lift in and out of the car and it was huge. I had a fiesta and had to take out the parcel shelf to fit it in so no room for anything else e.g. food shopping. I had to buy the raincover separately so extra expense. The car seat was heavy to lift even with a baby in and did not last as long as it should by 6 months my son had almost outgrown it.
It did have a sturdy frame and looked safe with baby in. It did lie flat but was quite stiff and difficult to lock in position though. I changed for a much lighter model and so used only for 3 months max.

“We've only given this Mothercare Trenton Travel System...”

Written on: 20/03/2009 by bowf (7 reviews written)

We've only given this Mothercare Trenton Travel System light use. It doesn't even get used on a daily basis. In that time the wheels seem to have become covered in some sort of rust-coloured mess (which eminates from the axles), the tyres seem to have become completely bald and one of the wheels has fallen off.
You'd think we'd been to Katmandu and back with the thing, not around the block every now and then.
Cannot possiblt recommend this, unless it's the only one you can afford.

“Overall I think this is a great travel system and...”

Written on: 29/12/2008 by Gellie27 (1 review written)

Overall I think this is a great travel system and great value for money. We were looking at either getting the Mamas and Papas Pilko or the SilverCross 3D but when we saw the Mothercare Trenton we felt that it had everything the other two prams had to offer but for much cheaper. And I believe that the Trenton has features that the other chairs lacked, for example, I read many reviews for the Mamas and Papas Pilko that said it was difficult to get shopping bags into the basket when the chair was fully flat and the Trenton does not have this problem as they have made to basket collapsible so you can get your bag into it without disturbing baby (once you have mastered the side to side wiggle required to release the catch). Also, changing bag, cosy toes and car seat come included - only thing extra is the rain cover. The handlebar compartments and drink holders are very handy, and although I haven't found much use for the thermometer, it is great to have the clock.
The few niggles I have had with the prams are that it is heavy and a bit bulky but it still fits in the boot of Toyota Carolla with extra space for a couple of shopping bags. The front wheels of our pram were also a bit wobbly but Mothercare sent off for replacements free of charge with no hassle at all.
The carry cot was very cosy for my baby although it only lasted until she was 3 1/2 month and 12lb when she became too big for it and I started putting her in the forward facing seat (which she actually prefers as she can look around). I am confident that the pushchair will last for as long as we need it for this baby and if we have another child.

Vanessa23Me's Response to Gellie27's Review

Written on: 04/01/2010

I found this review helpful because...i am currently deciding between the very same pushchairs. it is refreshing to read a positive review on the trenton deluxe system at last!!

Read 1 Comment

“The Mothercare Trenton Travel System is robust, it...”

Written on: 09/10/2008 by josbangs (1 review written)

The Mothercare Trenton Travel System is robust, it handles well on country walks with good suspension and adjustable safety straps to keep little one nice and secure. Nice and padded v cosy. The seat is easy to adjust to the four positions. Massive basket - holds four bags of shopping and good storage pockets - love the clock and temp gauge! A really good well thought out travel system.

Good value for money - you get a lot of extras and good attention to detail, very sturdy and robust and easy to handle. Glad I bought it as it is well built and comfortable and cosy for the little one.

“I love this pram, it looks good, easy to push, easy to...”

Written on: 01/10/2008

I love this pram, it looks good, easy to push, easy to put down with one hand, folds down nice and compact and its genuinely just excellent quality for what you pay.

“Mothercare Trenton Travel System is good for newborn,...”

Written on: 04/08/2008

Mothercare Trenton Travel System is good for newborn, not great for a small car in my opinion but is a good walking pram.
Good colour, suitable from birth, easy to fold and good price.

“I loved this pram while I could use it but have just...”

Written on: 15/04/2008

I loved this pram while I could use it but have just requested 26% refund due to it not fitting at 10kg when it is supposed to fit up to 13.5kg. Having sewn in straps even surprised Mothercare shop staff

“The Mothercare Trenton is a good all round system but...”

Written on: 05/03/2008

The Mothercare Trenton is a good all round system but would suggest buying car seat base for in car too.

“I have had this pram 2 years now and have used it...”

Written on: 27/08/2007 by mary70 (1 review written)

I have had this pram 2 years now and have used it every day and love it , my daughter always looks safe and comfy and it is great for shopping trips as well as days out highly recommended.