Swiftcover Car Insurance Reviews - www.swiftcover.com

Media Gallery for Swiftcover Car Insurance www.swiftcover.com

Swiftcover Car Insurance www.swiftcover.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Out of the blue - I'm no longer insured!”

Written on: 30/01/2013

Before today, I would have recommended Swiftcover to anyone - they were actually quite efficient when I reversed into another car 2 years ago! However, today, I received an email rather curtly stating that cover lapses in 1 month, and... "Unfortunately, we will not be able to cover you for the coming year." Not happy :-(… Read Full Review

Swiftcover's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2013

Thanks,

swiftcover.com customer service department

Oscartrace's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2013

same thing has happened to my husband. He has just received the same letter with no explanation. He has never claimed on his car insurance policy and when he phoned Swift he was told that they could not comment. How is a company allowed to treat customers in this shoddy and unfair manner?

Read 2 Comments

“You'll never know until you claim”

Written on: 01/01/2013 by brakenoodle (32 reviews written)

I used Swiftcover for two years and changed companies because their renewal price was too high. Like all insurance companies, you'll never know how good they are until you make a claim and then they show their true colours. Fortunately, I never had to claim so I never really put them to the test. Good points: everything can be done on-line 24 hours a day, even printing you documents. So if the dog eats your certificate then simply print another. Their website is easy to use and store all your… Read Full Review

Swiftcover's Response to brakenoodle's Review

Written on: 03/01/2013

Hi brakenoodle, I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. I'd like to look into this and see if I can do anything to sort things out for you, as I work in the customer service department at swiftcover.com. If you don't mind, please get in touch with me by emailing your policy number to [email protected] so that I can look into this. I'm happy to arrange for someone to call you at a convenient time.

Thanks,

swiftcover.com customer service department

Brakenoodle's reply to Swiftcover's Comment

Written on: 03/01/2013

There is little point in your offer because I am now insured elsewhere - and for a lot less!

Read 2 Comments

“ok i am a 24 year old male and drive a small jeep ”

Written on: 25/01/2010

ok i am a 24 year old male and drive a small jeep
i find swiftcover a good choice as cheapest quote but you do have to be aware.
i was in an accident i hit the back of a bus not serious not much damage
the claim was put thrugh by the bus company and i had my 2 years NCD taken off me as swiftcover put me at fault.
so for the next year i had a higher premium because of this.
i recently asked them about this case and they told me a claim was submitted but a payout from swiftcover was never made… Read Full Review

Jonsmith88's Comment

Written on: 26/01/2010

It's industry standard to lose 2 years for every accident that is your fault at! Your lucky you got your no-claims back as the accident was your fault. A bit cheeky that you did in my opinion as the accident was your fault clearly...

Read 1 Comment

“Swift cover were by far the cheapest quote. Although...”

Written on: 21/07/2009

Swift cover were by far the cheapest quote. Although my car was fixed very quickly it took ages for the other driver to admit that it was their fault and to start with they denied the accident ever happened!! Finally got my excess back once the other driver admited it was their fault… Read Full Review

“We're told that e-mail and internet only company...”

Written on: 24/09/2008 by pantsman28 (4 reviews written)

We're told that e-mail and internet only company making things cheaper than the rest... but they claim that they never received my email and I'm still waiting for a reply. Swiftcover a good service as long as you don ' t claim, the renewal was easy and they are cheap, but that comes as at a cost... In my experience they did very little leg work on a claim I had. A Boy racer drove into my car and into the house and did a runner... At first it looked like an uninsured driver, so scrapped the… Read Full Review

“I have taken up a policy with Swift Cover and...”

Written on: 24/05/2008

I have taken up a policy with Swift Cover and unfortunately had to make a claim last week. I must say that the service offered when I called to register the claim was fantastic, and my car is already in the garage and nearly fixed. The hire car was a great investment - cheap as chips and a rather nippy little thing! Fun! All in all, a not so pleasant experience, made much better by decent customer service and friendly accesible staff… Read Full Review

“Talking with their call centre apparently I can do...”

Written on: 04/07/2007 by APrimeMinister (11 reviews written)

Talking with their call centre apparently I can do everything online - which is why they expected me to print my documents!

Probably just as well because it took me sometime to find their telephone number. (To be fair the person I talked to was pretty helpful when I got through.)… Read Full Review

“Have to wait some time for reply to emails, and if you...”

Written on: 21/10/2006 by Gadget2me (1 review written)

Have to wait some time for reply to emails, and if you have to ring, then there is also a long wait. THEY DO NOT COVER COURTESY CARS. So if yours goes into service or mechanical repair and the garage will not insure the courtesy car, you are stuffed.

Swiftcover car insurance have a good system and price, but should be up front on things they do not cover. Luckily I rang before I took out the policy… Read Full Review

Gadget2Me's Response to Gadget2me's Review

Written on: 29/10/2006

Swiftcover car insurance was not taken in the end. I went to Norwich Union Direct.

Read 1 Comment